Should I painted or change it?!!!

Ryan

Registered
SHOULD I PAINT IT OR CHANGE IT?!!!

Alright, sh**it happed last Sunday morning while I was checking my camera to make sure that suction mount is still on the fairing while I was riding in twisties. I passed the right turn and kept looking on the camera then I found it's late for the left turn! I could only slow down the bike unlit I can safely slide the bike and jump off of it!
There it is, lots of scratches on the left fairing, clutch cover and even on the exhaust.
So, what you think, should I change all the parts or just get the fairing painted at the local shop? I don't know if I can get the OEW decals.
I wish i had frame sliders on my bike..............:(
crash.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the spell of bad luck... I know 'cause it happened to me!

Doesn't look like any plastics are broke so do her white again but with some pearl in it!

Sorry for the mishap bro and glad you are O.K. but c'mon worry about that camera when you are on the straights. The only thing that you need to be worried about being attached on the bike when you are in the twisties is you worry about other stuff falling off later :beerchug:

You are looking at around $3000 to replace just your plastics that are scratched up. If you are going toclaim it on insurance just get new stuff, as the stock exhaust is the price of a full aftermarket exhaust.

Should be able to track down a stock pipe for a cheap, as far as the fairings, id buy new ones and sell the scratched ones to help cover the cost. Could get em fixed, but the may not be just right and that would annoy the crap out of me. theres my $0.02, spend it wisely:laugh:

You are looking at around $3000 to replace just your plastics that are scratched up. If you are going toclaim it on insurance just get new stuff, as the stock exhaust is the price of a full aftermarket exhaust.
Ya you're right. I don't know if I claim it on my insurance then how much my insurance will go up.

I think the bike is shot now. You should just give it to me! :whistle: :rofl: Seriously, my bike was knocked over in a parking lot and I kept watching on the forums till someone had a fairing to sell. That said, if you were planning on a custom paint job, now's the perfect time. I would think the dealer could get a set of decals for you.

Richie

if you ever planned on getting a custom paint job, slap a new decal over them scratches, and touch up with some color rite paint. folks will barely notice it while you save up for your custom job and frame sliders. if not i would pop them off and take to local body shop and not claim on ins, i ve heard some get out of control if you make a claim, guess it depends on your ins co.(my bike is all scratched from a drop, but she still runs like a bat outa hell) oh and glad your ok.

Last edited:
As for your camera, if your worried abot it falling off, put a safety strap on it and just ride. If it pops off, it'll just hang there until you stop. Got to be more focused on the road and not the camera. Just a helpful hint.

if you ever planned on getting a custom paint job, slap a new decal over them scratches, and touch up with some color rite paint. folks will barely notice it while you save up for your custom job and frame sliders. if not i would pop them off and take to local body shop and not claim on ins, i ve heard some get out of control if you make a claim, guess it depends on your ins co.(my bike is all scratched from a drop, but she still runs like a bat outa hell) oh and glad your ok.

Last night my buddy and I did some touch up on some scratches and it looked a lot better. He told me the same thing about the new decal and stick it on the old scratched ones. I think this is a good idea and as you said will save me money to install frame sliders. :thumbsup:

Man sorry to hear about your mishap. +1 on the frame sliders though, I always get them day 1 when I get a new ride. :thumbsup:

Check out tapeworks.com

X2

I'm glad you didn't get killed from the crash because of the $100 camera. Imho I'll take busted camera over $3000 damage plus bruised ego any time of the day.

Again, I'm glad you're safe and sound. A lesson taught is a lesson learned.

X2

I'm glad you didn't get killed from the crash because of the $100 camera. Imho I'll take busted camera over $3000 damage plus bruised ego any time of the day.

Thanks budd.

X2

I imagine he's beaten himself up enough already don't you?

I imagine he's beaten himself up enough already don't you?

There are times where brothers like us need a constant reminder to avoid making such a silly mistake that can be costly or deadly. Truth can sting like a ***** but we get to live and see the next day.

Stay safe brothers.

Back