Fall Over Damage On 2011

JoeSupra

Registered
Sup brothers. Iv been cursed with my Busa ever since I started riding it. It fell over on both sides and it received alot of cowling damage. Its been buggin me the bike isnt as perfect as it should be specially since I bought it brand new. Im looking to go OEM with the parts to get her looking right. So right now Im looking at $1600-$1800 for 5 cowling pieces with all the shields and cushions. FML. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if I can save some money buy not buying every cushions/bushing for every cowling piece? Can I transfer them over from my old ones? Any other advice would help.

Take your time and they'll peel off slowy.
They usually have enough tac left to stick to the new plastics.
If they don't, there's lots of glue/silicone options to stick them back with.
It's not hard to do.

Take your time and they'll peel off slowy.
They usually have enough tac left to stick to the new plastics.
If they don't, there's lots of glue/silicone options to stick them back with.
It's not hard to do.

Awesome so I dont need a heat gun? Thanks for replying.

Awesome so I dont need a heat gun? Thanks for replying.

I can't say that you won't need a heat gun, but they should come off without one.
"Should", after you work on enough things you'll find out that they don't always work as they should.
The simplest things can turn into the biggest pain.
Fairings aren't hard to change either. The biggest problem is people not knowing how to get them off the first time and breaking tabs. But, you're replacing them anyway, no worries.

I can't say that you won't need a heat gun, but they should come off without one.
"Should", after you work on enough things you'll find out that they don't always work as they should.
The simplest things can turn into the biggest pain.
Fairings aren't hard to change either. The biggest problem is people not knowing how to get them off the first time and breaking tabs. But, you're replacing them anyway, no worries.

I had the fairings off already so I know how that goes. Do you know if I need the cushions for where the bolts go or can I reuse them off of my fairings too?

Blancabusaless has a thread somewhere on swapping all the parts over, it has pics too.

I reused my foam pads on my 08. Stuck just as good as new. Hate to break it to you....you might have bent the fairing stays. The horn doohickies that the mirrors are attached to. I would not worry about that unless you find your new fairings don't fit properly/ have gaps. New fairing stay is about $300, I think. Sorry about the mishaps. I dropped mine twice in a couple weeks. Think about doing the kickstand mod. I have not but damned well better believe I make sure the stand is all the way forward and bike is in gear. And only park on flat ground or slight uphill.

I don't bother with the foam inside the fairings. I don't have it and have never missed it.

Hmmmm. Still use the heat sheilds though?

I reused my foam pads on my 08. Stuck just as good as new. Hate to break it to you....you might have bent the fairing stays. The horn doohickies that the mirrors are attached to. I would not worry about that unless you find your new fairings don't fit properly/ have gaps. New fairing stay is about $300, I think. Sorry about the mishaps. I dropped mine twice in a couple weeks. Think about doing the kickstand mod. I have not but damned well better believe I make sure the stand is all the way forward and bike is in gear. And only park on flat ground or slight uphill.

The only major piece that's fucked up is the cowl for the headlight is cracked where it meets the left hand side fairing. All of the other damage is little scratches. Idk if I can do the kickstand mod since I have a roaring toys kick stand. Idk how you guys feel about that kickstand but I bought it cause I lowered the bike.

I think one time I bought some self-adhesive aluminum heat shield similar to factory but I don't worry about it now. I have bought fairings three times, and my second bike I bought used has replacements on it too. Eventually I just painted the whole bike so I can fix any of the fairings cheap.

It shouldn't matter what kickstand you have if you want to to do the kickstand mod. All it is is filing a small amount away from where the kickstand where it butts up to the stop. This allows the stand to rotate a few degrees more forward so it will be less likely to fold back. It only requires that a very small amount of metal to be removed. Careful not to over-do it. I would imagine the bike will also lean a bit more if the stand rotates farther forward. I find the clubby looking kickstands with the large round foot are the most reliable aftermaerket side stands I have tried. They also seem to be very close to the same weight as skinnier more visually appealing kickstands and they also have various height adjustments.

Not that simple,once you peel it off the glue doesn't stick as good, and yes i did take my time with some heat. To reuse it just go get some liquid nails.

May be worth considering some China fairings, $650 to your door in stock colors and with everything required. I've read some good feedback on people that tried them and I have a 2016 graphic scheme (with my own color choices) in route to me now. Something to consider, save a few bucks and possibly change color scheme if you'd like.

Back