Should I get a Hayabusa as my first bike?

Should I get a Hayabusa as my first bike? -

• After reading your post below, I think you'll be alright if you get one.

Votes: 79 100.0%

• Total voters
well you still have the weight issue and size issue. chances are no matter what you get its more than likely to end up fell over or laid down. why pick one thats gonna make that easier to happen and 2x as expensive to fix.

If you change your mind again I get my dibs back on the crank lol1.gif

No matter what anybody tells you , You will do what you want. But , Everybody here that is telling you not to get one is probably doing you a favor. The Busa is one of those machines that Demands Respect ! It will Kill Ya if you don't know what you are doing. It is always best to start small & work your way up to a bigger bike. thumb_up.gif

1.  I want to look good and I think the Hayabusa is the most beautiful-looking motorcycle in the planet.
2.  I want to get much better fuel economy in the city.  

1. Drive no faster than the posted speed limit--especially in the highway so that I can conserve fuel.
So , Your reason for wanting a Busa is to Look Good because it is the most beautiful motorcycle , To get better fuel economy , & You will not drive faster than the posted speed limit so you can conserve fuel? Well good luck with that , If you own a Busa & you don't go faster than the Posted Speed Limit then you will be the first Busa owner in the History of the Busa not to break the Speed Limit Law ! Want to look good then Keep your car ! Better fuel economy then get a Moped!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Are we still talking about this. deadhorse.gif This subject should be put to rest. banghead.gif This guy was on another busa forum asking the same question. Give us a break and just sign your donor card when you're asked at the DMV.

I HAVE NOT RIDDEN IN 20YRS. AND ALL OF A SUDDEN GOT THE URGE. I BOUGHT A KATANA 750, AND IT WAS A GREAT BIKE TO JUST GET THE FEEL AGAIN. I WAS ON A MAJOR HWY. AND AFTER SAYING TO MYSELF, I AM NOW COMFORTABLE WITH RIDING AGAIN I WANT MORE. 6/14/08 I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST BUSA. 2008 ORANGE AND BLACK. WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW INCREDIBLE THIS BIKE IS. FAST, SMOOTH AND GREAT LOOKING. I HAVE A PROBLEM OF BUYING LESS IN THE BEGINNING AND THEN BUYING WHAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. DONT BE LIKE ME. GET THE BUSA NOW, JUST DONT RIDE LIKE AND IDIOT AND YOU WILL BE OKAY.

if you get a little frisky on a 600 and pin it, your gonna have fun. if your on this and get a bur up your butt and nail it at the wrong time your gonna flip it and there goes Shanlings mirrors.
\

but my crank will still be good super.gif
He just can't stop thinking about Damon's crank. rofl.gif

HAVE NOT RIDDEN IN 20YRS. AND ALL OF A SUDDEN GOT THE URGE. I BOUGHT A KATANA 750, AND IT WAS A GREAT BIKE TO JUST GET THE FEEL AGAIN. I WAS ON A MAJOR HWY. AND AFTER SAYING TO MYSELF, I AM NOW COMFORTABLE WITH RIDING AGAIN I WANT MORE. 6/14/08 I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST BUSA. 2008 ORANGE AND BLACK. WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW INCREDIBLE THIS BIKE IS. FAST, SMOOTH AND GREAT LOOKING. I HAVE A PROBLEM OF BUYING LESS IN THE BEGINNING AND THEN BUYING WHAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. DONT BE LIKE ME. GET THE BUSA NOW, JUST DONT RIDE LIKE AND IDIOT AND YOU WILL BE OKAY.

IMHO, a Hayabusa is not a good choice for anyone as a first bike. Why?

1) It will amplify any mistakes you make. If you accidnetally tweak the throttle on a 250 Rebel, you get a bit of a jolt. Do the same on a Busa and you'll likely see sky and feel pavement.

2) As others have indicated, any mistakes made that cause the bike to fall over will cost lot's of $ to fix. All riders drop their bikes, but new riders generally do so more frequently.

While you sound reasonable and as though you're not lookin' to push the limits, yours or the bikes, the fact of the matter is that, statistically, getting a Hayabusa as a first bike stacks the odds against the rider. You might beat the odds...but you might not.

Whatever you do, best of luck!

So have you made a decision?rock.gif

For those of you voting no and posting why, its not always a waste of time.  Although I never posted, I read threads just like this one on several different forums in 05 when I got my first bike.  While I didn't go get ninja 250 or a rebel, like the most conservative would recommend, I decided a CBR600rr wasn't wise, and bought a Katana 600.  11,000 miles later, I moved up to the Busa!! Got mine two days ago.   beerchug.gif

Even with the Katana three years, I was and still am scared of my busa.  I would have never bought it first.  Some of us do care how others percieve us.  I drive a very nice truck, and when I got into bikes, I wanted something that suited my taste.  It sucks riding around on one of the slowest bikes out there,  most of you can get that.  Even if your like me and won't be pressured into racing anyways.  

People get this bike for different reasons.  Some wanna go fast, some want to look cool, others like me want a bike that physically has some size and weight to it.  Anyways I say there are a lot of nice bikes out there, if I were you, I would get a used Katana 750.  Let me tell you, the Katana is a bigger bike, but when I backed up the busa for the first time I struggled a bit.  Also be carefull letting that clutch out when shifting to second.   firedevil.gif

You'll shoot your eye out kid..........

Busa as a 1st bike your nuts.

I was riding 18 years on the street, 30 years total before I even considered buying one, and I had been on big-bore motorcycles since 1984.

Go get one and will what's left to the Org.

Think he said he was going to start small in a previous post... Not sure if he followed up with that or not. In case he still reads this though, I think MelodicMetalGod worded it pretty good.

<<< First time owner / rider of a bike and I went with a busa and have had no problems. Tomorrow will be my one month mark but if the bike was 'too much' for me, I think I would have noticed it the first couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong though, every time I ride, I learn something

I wonder what happened to him. He hasn't posted since june 6th. I hope he remembers I got first dibs on the crank

Buy a used small bike (500 - 600) and after a few 1000 miles of riding get a Busa and be very careful

I posted this post in another Hayabusa message board and got similar replies and poll responses.  After reading the beginner's bike articles (about what the ideal first motorcycles should be and why), I realize that I should start out in a much smaller bike to have more fun and to develop skills to be a better driver in a much safer way.  I'm leaning towards a brand-new 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. At $3,499 with its redesigned look, lighter dry weight, smaller engine, relatively low seat height, a 50-60 MPG fuel economy, and a more upright stance, it can't be beat.  My Hayabusa dream is still alive and kicking and will only be realized after at least a year's worth of daily driving with the 250cc motorcyle.  Right now, I'm just going to study for NJ's computerized knowledge test, register for a motorcycle safety school, get my license, and buy the brand-new Ninja along with the best safety equipment that money can buy.  Thanks again for the opinions.
I posted the above before I read all of the posts.

Your mature post brought tears to my eyes. Congrats, get the small bike, learn, ride, enjoy, then move up. Thank you for good reasoning and the ability to listen. Good luck, and be careful.

Don`t abandon us, and welcome to the ORG. clap.gif

Back