Genn 3 Ergonomic adjustments Help Needed

200.gif

Good luck with it. I ride distance. Do you ever lay on the tank ? I know you’re asking about upright. I throw my left arm across the tank and lay on it. The front brake operates the rear brake. I’ve never used the rear brake on these bikes. Best of luck.

View attachment 1653035

I lay on my tank on the longest stretches of trips also. Cruise control on, chest/belly on tank, feet on passenger pegs, makes it easier to stay hyper alert and awake for me.

I am going to get a 1" riser + heli bar + drop down foot pegs :) and Brock Corbin seat - this should help the ergo a lot !

Thanks for the video to his busawing :) i want to do the same thing.
I have 1” heli bars which also brings them 3/8”? closer to you and I can still make full turn even after installing a 2” taller windscreen. If you drop the pegs you may want to lower the shifter and rear brake pedal, I lowered both, I didn’t have to adjust my QS but you will need to adjust the rear brake light switch or you’ll be riding around with your brake light on all the time. Good luck and excellent choice on Your ride, I love my gen 3. You’re going to meet a lot of nice people on this org with a lot of experience/knowledge.

Welcome to the forum! I'm also about 5 foot 9. Helibars (25mm) or MotoCNC bar risers (27mm) make a world of difference in wrist and lower back comfort, they are highly recommended.

I tried 50mm adjustable drop pegs and 50mm is too big IMHO, doesn't really fit, especially on the left side. Will try 20mms from Puig when available.

The bike is great, amazingly balanced and carries its weight low. I mostly notice the weight when taking it off the kickstand, once it gets going, even in slow U-turns, just goes like it was on rails.

I would like to raise the handle bar by 2 inches, lower foot controls on both sides by 3 or 4 inches and extend the rear brake foot control so it points more upward to give me more leverage without causing pain to my ankle.

I also want cheap after market fairings.

I have no intention of going super fast or knee scraping the tarmac. I am looking for long distant trips with more upright ergo riding position.

Are these things possible??? Please help me !

I am 5'9" girl .... too short for a Busa :(

My bike
I'm 5'9. I came from a GSXR 1000 and it took a while to get comfortable. Get some miles on it before you start throwing stuff at it.

Hi Jess. I’ve just moved out of Brisbane (Kedron).

The bars are definitely do able and do make a difference. I’ve done them on older Busa’s and other bikes and if it suits your riding it’s a very valid mod.

Lower pegs are quite common too, but not the amount you mentioned. Buell pegs or similar aftermarket ones work well, you’d notice the difference. 4” is a HUGE amount to lower pegs though, both from limiting cornering to being able to adjust and use the factory levers.

Lowering a bikes overall height is do-able too. It’s something I normally avoid (I raise the rears on mine to quicken up the steering and increase clearance) but a lot of folk do it and like it. I’ve had short in the leg partners where it made a big difference to their riding and confidence.

Hi there Jessica , another Aussie Busa rider joining up is great , a few of us on here too . The Gen 3 is a great bike , the recent ride I had on my mates was surprising , for the reach to the bars was better than the standard Gen 2 , and the bike's initial turn in was also better . I read through the suggested great advice from the gang , and agree , the helibars should be beneficial , and the Buel type lowering peg as long as you can get the foot levers comfortly set up . Keep us all updated on your ride mod progress .

I would like to raise the handle bar by 2 inches, lower foot controls on both sides by 3 or 4 inches and extend the rear brake foot control so it points more upward to give me more leverage without causing pain to my ankle.

I also want cheap after market fairings.

I have no intention of going super fast or knee scraping the tarmac. I am looking for long distant trips with more upright ergo riding position.

Are these things possible??? Please help me !

I am 5'9" girl .... too short for a Busa :(

My bike
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got some good advice already. I’m only 1 inch taller than you and find my gen2 really comfortable with helibars, riser, Russell day long seat and used to have the “Buell peg mod” but now run aftermarket rearsets. Here is a pic setup to carry stuff and one that shows the seat.

6CE44E44-E2C3-4B82-9DD2-24AE804D380D.png

2C1644C7-F03D-4F27-A0E9-ECBBFD6C8C98.jpeg

Hi there Jessica , another Aussie Busa rider joining up is great , a few of us on here too . The Gen 3 is a great bike , the recent ride I had on my mates was surprising , for the reach to the bars was better than the standard Gen 2 , and the bike's initial turn in was also better . I read through the suggested great advice from the gang , and agree , the helibars should be beneficial , and the Buel type lowering peg as long as you can get the foot levers comfortly set up . Keep us all updated on your ride mod progress .
Turn in is better? Do you think they changed the offset or the angles at the front. Haven't been able to ride one yet.

Turn in is better? Do you think they changed the offset or the angles at the front. Haven't been able to ride one yet.
A bunch of review videos and the video I posted a while back regarding the development of the gen 3 all sated Suzuki changed the steering geometry slightly to make it turn faster than the previous generation.

One of the standout ride characteristics I noticed while riding the Gen 3 , was how readily the bike turned into corners . Now , when compared to the Gen 2 the steering is sharper . I wasn't exaggerating when I said to my mate that the bike would be wild with my Gen 2 suspension / wheel setup .

I know a owner or two already has this seat , but here is a link to have a look at the Brocks , also this maybe not the best site to buy Brocks from , I also have not checked to compare this .

Last edited:
Are the air pressure on this site correct?

Front: 42 rear 36 ?? I always thought it was 36 Front and 42 Rear?

Book says 42-42.

Ive been running S22’s on a similar weight H2 SX at 42-42 for a while and they worked well, I’m running my Gen-3 at 42-42 at the moment and it’s fine.
(80kg solo rider)

F2384A5B-88FC-445E-A47F-91F0D3228A21.jpeg

Guys for the life of me i cant activate cruise control :( i just don't know what i am doing wrong but cruise control doesn't work on my bike ;) lol.

Does anyone have a detailed video on how to activate and turn on cruise control?

Back