Genn 3 Ergonomic adjustments Help Needed

Jessica Sinclair

Registered
I would like to raise the handle bar by 2 inches, lower foot controls on both sides by 3 or 4 inches and extend the rear brake foot control so it points more upward to give me more leverage without causing pain to my ankle.

I also want cheap after market fairings.

I have no intention of going super fast or knee scraping the tarmac. I am looking for long distant trips with more upright ergo riding position.

Are these things possible??? Please help me !

I am 5'9" girl .... too short for a Busa :(

My bike

Welcome,

5'9" is not too short for a Busa, there are much shorter people on this forum who ride them and ride them well...

As for your intentions to raise the bars and drop the pegs, there are many threads on this subject on this forum in the Gen 3 section...there are also threads on different windshields. You can adjust the brake pedal as you need it and will have to adjust both it, the gear pedal and QS when you put drop pegs on it.

I'm not sure 3-4 inch drop is available or recommended for the bike as you would never be able to get the pedals adjusted and they would either hit the exhaust or side stand.

I don't know if aftermarket fairings are available for the gen 3 yet-it might be a while for those.

Welcome,

5'9" is not too short for a Busa, there are much shorter people on this forum who ride them and ride them well...

As for your intentions to raise the bars and drop the pegs, there are many threads on this subject on this forum in the Gen 3 section...there are also threads on different windshields. You can adjust the brake pedal as you need it and will have to adjust both it, the gear pedal and QS when you put drop pegs on it.

I'm not sure 3-4 inch drop is available or recommended for the bike as you would never be able to get the pedals adjusted and they would either hit the exhaust or side stand.

I don't know if aftermarket fairings are available for the gen 3 yet-it might be a while for those.
Thank you i am going to read through the gen 3 section on this :) thanks again.

I hear what you are saying, it is a real search bear to find exactly what you are looking for..

If you go in the search feature, click on "post content" then type in the item you are looking for in "key words" it will make it easier to search

Remember to change the search forum to "gen 3 information"

This will at least get you going until someone comes along..

Hopefully that's soon...

I'm only 5'6" and bike is stock height, I can pretty much flat foot on it. Bar risers don't add 2 inches, but what it does add is super beneficial and noticeable, maybe adding helibars on top of that would get you where you wanna go. It would definitely have some interference on lock to lock with the windscreen though...so you would be limiting yourself on steering inputs.

I'm only 5'6" and bike is stock height, I can pretty much flat foot on it. Bar risers don't add 2 inches, but what it does add is super beneficial and noticeable, maybe adding helibars on top of that would get you where you wanna go. It would definitely have some interference on lock to lock with the windscreen though...so you would be limiting yourself on steering inputs.
Yes that's my main fear, doing parking lot turns will be harder. I heard some where, taller riders over 6 foot will find this bike more comfortable.

On my gen 2, I have 1 inch Heli-bars and 1 1/2 inch drop pegs on mine and they work great and we are about the same height as I'm around 5'10"

I also have Puig double bubble windshield which is ok...
Great news for me this :) thank you i am going to go the same as you did get a 1 inch heli bar with 1.5 inch drop pegs. Hopefully this wont interfere with doing slow turns lock to lock at parking lot.

Great news for me this :) thank you i am going to go the same as you did get a 1 inch heli bar with 1.5 inch drop pegs. Hopefully this wont interfere with doing slow turns lock to lock at parking lot.
I have both and have never had any issues...I also run a Brembo brake MC and I have no fairing contact issues...

Not sure how all this will fair on a gen 3 but I've read many posts where people have done both.

Visit this thread for choices on windshields...

and this one specifically post #449

Back