Help needed

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
I once again turn to the gurus here for advice. I did a search for gear and found options but still need advice.
Here's the background.
I am not an overly aggressive street rider but do like to ride a little hard at times. (this is becoming more frequent...Hey, I do own a Hayabusa afterall!!!)
It is unknown when/if I will do track days in the future, but I am leaving options open.
I am serious about safety and don't want to subject my body to the asphalt grinder. Currently I am riding in jeans, leather over the ankle shoes, JR blaster leather jacket, leather gloves and of course full face shoei lid. I need to upgrade my gear, but want a sort of subdued look, not all out racing. I want protection but don't want the track specific look. I sometimes have a specific destination, but usually I ride just to ride. I have the upper body covered but need help with the lower.
Options I'm considering:

Option 1)- JR Blaster leather pants and either Sidi evo, Setup Grand prix, or similiar style boots.
Q1)Will these boots fit under pant leg of regular jean for that occassional "I'm taking the Busa to this meeting ride"?
Q2)Obviously the leather pants are cut to fit inside a boot, so a race style boot is necessary right?
Q3)Having never worn leather pants, are they comfortable? Is cleaning  maintenance, etc. difficult??

Option 2)- Draggin jeans and Icon motorhead or similiar over ankle boot.
Q1)Other than absence of padding are there other deficiencies with this option?

Option 3)- Bohn body armor under regular Levi jeans with icon motorhead or similiar over ankle boot.
Q1)Am I compromising the scraping protection with using this option?
Q2)Does this option offer adequate protection for sportbike riding style?

Non-option 4)- Cargo shorts too long to be shorts, too short to be pants, white Wal-Mart tank top, flip flops with black socks, and yellow dew rag for visibility.
Q) Does anyone here really condone this sort of behavior??   
rock.gif

laugh.gif

I really don't know which way to turn here folks. I'm leaning toward option one but would like input from you, the "busa gurus". Too many members having bad days lately and I need to gear my a$$ up better.
Sorry for another long post.
Thanks in advance.
Ride Safe!

Honestly...if you're ever going to do track days, then you'll NEED a full set of leathers. If you get a two piece, then make sure it has a zipper that goes almost all the way around the waist. Otherwise, you can usually rent them if you give the track organization enough notice.

Option-1 sounds pretty good.

It's a tough call, but just remember... When you go down, you'll be wearing what you decided on prior to getting on the bike.

option 1 sounds good, but I'd replace the JR with Alpinestars.

And in regards to the boots fitting underneath some jeans, I think they should. If you're gonna get jeans for those quick "to the store" jaunts, I'd recommend a pair of those Draggin jeans or those Icon recon jeans.

Do away with that Motorhead boot....go SIDI.

If you're gonna go more towards track days, then of course you're gonna hafta go with the leathers...in which case I'd go with a SPIDI set-up or a Dainese.

Back