For those that don't prefer leather pants

#cruncherbusa

Registered
Just purchased a pair of Icon Recon pants. They seem to be made of a high quality jean material. It also has ventilation on the inside of the thigh to help keep you cool. Overall I think this is a good option for those that do not prefer the leather pants. Pic below

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120210746 -->

Recon_Pants.JPG

Looks like a good alternative. I'll stick to leather for the track but those look like decent summer pants.

I have some Icon Super Duty pants, love em. Waxed jean material so they are water resistant, very durable and doubled up jean material in several areas. The Super Dutys are the heaviest of the Icon jean pants.

Not a leap at all since I've never done leather pants!
wink.gif

BusaFever, they usually around 90 but I got mine for 50 since they were leftovers!
blush.gif

Did you get them at CycleGear? I was there last Saturday and picked up a flat repair kit.

We need to do another ride sometime....to the mountains?

Of course! You know the power CycleGear has on me!
laugh.gif
 We definitely need to plan a trip to the mountains! You let me know when is good for you & I'm there! This will give me an excuse to finally officially scrub in my pilot powers!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120225198 -->

If you are going to ride in jeans, carharts are cheaper and just as good I think?

I think jeans are probably fine as long as you aren't going over 40 mph if you get seperated from your bike? If anyone crashes in jeans over 70 mph, I'd be interested in seeing the results? Myself, I never get on my bike unless I'm fully leathered. I've been down before and it's no fun. I hear it's extremely painful when the doctors scrub your wounds with a brush to get the dirt and gravel out? Big tuff guys will scream like a little girl!

If anyone crashes in jeans over 70 mph, I'd be interested in seeing the results?
Yep, more like 85 MPH, I slid for a solid 50 yards+ after lowsiding my 82' Nighthawk 650 back in 1989.

Dont still have my jeans but I can tell you that they held up very well. The majority of my burns were between my jacket and jeans (jacket pulled up) and on my hands (no gloves.

No Carharts are not the same but probably strong then most jeans.

Your leather pants wont do a fvckin thing for you if you hit a car broadside doing 50mph though.
smile.gif

I've been riding in recon's for about a year, nice fit and comfy. If you can get past the smell, the're a great way to go. I paid $65 for mine at the local shop.

If you are going to ride in jeans, carharts are cheaper and just as good I think?

I think jeans are probably fine as long as you aren't going over 40 mph if you get seperated from your bike?  If anyone crashes in jeans over 70 mph, I'd be interested in seeing the results? Myself, I never get on my bike unless I'm fully leathered. I've been down before and it's no fun. I hear it's extremely painful when the doctors scrub your wounds with a brush to get the dirt and gravel out? Big tuff guys will scream like a little girl!
I've been down before and can tell you it does hurt when they have to scrub your wounds & I didn't scream like a girly girl. I'll probably never do leather pants! So this is one of the best options for me instead of wearing some Polo or Tommy pants!
wink.gif

One thing about leather though is it can give you a little false balls, if that makes any sence.
laugh.gif

I've been using the Icon's for regular riding pants for a while now~ They are very comfortable and much better then your basic Levi/Wrangler jeans~ Double padding in the knee and butocks and ventiltated in the thigh and crotch areas~ They would never replace leathers on the track(s), but are excellent for normal around town riding...

+1 imoXu
Draggin jeans are the originators and the best protection wise. I used them before and I slid at over 80 mph after having my accident and they held up, no burn holes at all. The color was a bit faded though.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|greeneinc
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120278348 -->

They would be great if they made them in manly man sizes
biggrin.gif
Might try some of the Rocket stuff for street use. The pair I had on last saturday can be had in a wide range of sizes. See a lot of the bigger sizes on E-bay.
So far the First Gear paints in 46 waist are the only ones I've tried that fit. The Joe Rockets fit around the waist OK but were very tight around my thighs. Another month of starvation and I might be able to fit into the largest size Dragon Jeans!! I'm not even thinking about leather yet!!

Back