riding pants

Luvanicebum

Registered
I'm in the market for a pair of riding pants.
I want something over the boot, PREFERABLY LEATHER! (doesn't need to be waterproof, I have Frogg Toggs),
with  knee and hip padding.
I'm looking at the Shift Havoc pants.  
any other ideas?   I want to avoid having to buy $200 riding boots with the track style pants and kneedragger pants.  I don't plan on dragging my knees any time soon and I don't race (competitively anyways).

What do you all like/own?
Much thanks for any insight and reviews.
newbie.gif

Joe Rocket Alter Egos are the way to go.

Versatile for so many conditions and temps.

I'm glad they finally made them in long for us tall guys.

(heavybusa @ Jun. 03 2007,14:34) Joe Rocket Alter Egos are the way to go.

Versatile for so many conditions and temps.

I'm glad they finally made them in long for us tall guys.
How is the sizing?
Are they tolerable in the heat? vents?

The pair I had was to short, but they released a long version recently.

The waist has a Velcro adjustment.

Venting is great, they have a zip out rain proof liner removable vents and the sides unzip to allow air in.

Check them out.

I have to agree with heavybusa...alter egos are the way to go.

removable vent strips go from just above the knee all the way around the back.

Alter_ego.jpg

(heavybusa @ Jun. 03 2007,15:05) The pair I had was to short, but they released a long version recently.

Venting is great, they have a zip out rain proof liner removable vents and the sides unzip to allow air in.

Check them out.
These are "overpants" which means they go over your normal jeans?

Yes they go over your regular pants...

the standard size leg is 32 but like heavybusa says unless you have really short legs go for the 34 inseam

I talked to the gey that sold me my Vanson
at the factory and he said he can let the pro-perf
Leather pants go for $250. They retail for $600
I may just have to go totally bulletproof after all.
Maybe the Sidi Strada EVO boots for $200
$500 for everything (gas, shipping, armor, pucks)

I have JR blaster leather pants. They are comfortable and not over the top for street use. I pretty much wear them or I don't ride.

I now have 2 pairs of Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants, The new 5.0's and the version before, They are 100% water proof, a bit warm in the summer time but i use them for highway riding not in the city. I just wear a pair a shorts on underneath them. The sides of the pants have zippers that go the length of the lag and the 5.0 now has a zipper on the back of the leg as well. If it gets a bit too warm you can open them up for a bit and let the boys breath. Velcro fasteners keep them up around your waist. Padding in the knees hips and a bit in the back, plus it comes with a a zipper to zip to any of Joe Rockets jackets.

CB

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 03 2007,18:11)
(heavybusa @ Jun. 03 2007,15:05) The pair I had was to short, but they released a long version recently.

Check them out.
These are "overpants" which means they go over your normal jeans?
In the summer I wore them over gym shorts and in the winter (like I ride in the cold
laugh.gif
) I wore jogging pants or jeans

OK, thanks for the help. After looking at 100's of different pants, review and prices with and without shipping. I decided I'm going with the Vanson pants to match my Mark2 jacket. At $250.00 for a top quality race pant...it's a steal.
I found these sport boots made my Sidi, under a different name called 'SETUP'. They're only $130 and basically the same design as the Sidi STRADA TEPOR EVO.

SetupVision.jpg

I hear ya. That's why I'm going with the Vanson Leather pants.
I've just seen too many Youtube videos. I'm all sketched out now.
ride safe brotha...
beerchug.gif

I've stripped my pants and jacket out for summer now. Hadn't thought about shorts.

Back