Need Opinions, Again

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
After reading Kev's post I can no longer put off getting some riding protection for my legs. I don't know which way to go. I know I don't want. Leather, although it affords the absolute best protection, is VERY HOT. I live in FL, If it's hot I'm not gonna wear it. Just being honest! I'll get some for the track /winter time later. that leaves Draggin Jeans or Mesh pants. I've been lookin at some alpinestars air flo's but want to know what other options I may have. I Also need to know if riding pants are sized like jeans or are they sized smaller like the jackets are. Since nobody in Central Florida wants to keep any man sized clothing in their stores, I have to try and figure this stuff out by asking my board member buddies. FYI My Wranglers are size 40/30.

Is looking cool a prerequisite? If not, I may have a suggestion
smile.gif

hrmm....you seem to be about my size, Moose. I wear a 42/32. If I believe correctly, if yer gonna get the Icon draggin jeans, Icon makes their stuff a lil bit on the small side.

I'd probably go with the draggin jeans...but I'm sure you can find some good leathers that are vented. Ask Kevin about Brians friend who went down. I dunno what kinda pants he had on, but there was a hole torn in it after he slid and all that.

I'd take a look at the gear he had on and go a step up from there. Just my .02...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117208728 -->

You might want to check out Icon Timax pants. I have worn them in temps up to 100F, but the mesh pants woul dbe cooler. If you can afford good leathers, find some good fully vented kangaroo leathers (like Teknic Speedstar). Kangaroo is 1/3rd lighter and stronger than cowhide.

Teknic also makes a SuperVent series. They make really good gear. I trust my skin protection to Teknic!

http://teknicgear.com/

beerchug.gif

Try the Fieldsheer Sport Air 2 leather pants. They are vented to provide cooling. See them here at <a href="http://www.brocktoncycle.com/eshopprod_cat_1137-5737_product_166122.Fieldsheer_Mens_Sport_Air_Pan.htm">Brockton Cycle Center<a>. On sale even.

I just recieved my First Gear mesh pants from New Enough. I wear jeans in a 46 and their size 46 fits me just right. I have 4 pairs of long UnderArmor on the way to wear under them. I think that combination will be the best for our conditions here. Stop by and check them out of you want!!!

Dude27, looking cool means nada to me (within reason) I'm not wearing hot pink leather pants with a pic of a bird stitched on the rear end out of beads or something stupid like that! whatcha got in mind?
After giving it more thought I'm wanting something with knee and hip padding which eliminates the draggin jeans.

Back