Needs answers to questions...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I'm buying an 06' Busa next month (likely maroon/black, still considering LE - need to see a LE on the street) and will also be buying a helmet, jacket, gloves and kevlar protective pants (i.e. Draggin Jeans).

1. Anyone, know the dealer price for the 06' Busas...I believe the 05' was about $9,300.00 from a report I purchased on-line.

2. Tried on Arai and Shoei helmets. Arai fit better (round head-XL), but $759.59!!! What do you guys/gals (PC) think of HJC, Suomy and others? Best bang for the buck?

3. Can't beat leather for protection (will likely get a ventilated jacket w/ armor). But what do you guys know about Kevlar jeans like Draggin Jeans? Will they hold up on a slide and roll?

Thanks for the input everyone.

As long as the helmet meets snell or the Euro standard, I'd buy it for protection.

I own a pair of draggin jeans, haven't field tested them
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
But basically they will hold up better than jeans, but not as well as leather riding pants. They are a good way to get some protection until you can afford better.

Also, I'd consider boots. Riding boots are the best, but if you can't afford those at least wear some thick above ankle(the higher the better) leather boots. I have seen some horrible foot injuries
sad.gif

HJC's are fine around town, but I hate mine on the highway. Its to loud. Just bought a new KBC Force RR. Great price and although I havent got to ride with it yet, it seems to be much better quality than the HJC. (I had the HJC CL-14)

Best thing to do is get full gear financed with your bike. Its cheaper to buy gear than pay for the hospital bills.

Best thing to do is get full gear financed with your bike.  Its cheaper to buy gear than pay for the hospital bills.
I plan on buying all this stuff inlcuding the bike outright Johny on the spot.

How much leverage do you think I will have buying it w/out financing? Should I walk in with a wad of cash? I would love to walk out of the stealership flashing it to the sales manager after receiving a raw deal sales treatment. I've been in sales 11 years myself so I have good idea when they are playing games and trying to fug me.

Last time I went looking I told the guy as soon as I felt like I was getting the shaft I'm walking out the door. Lots of dealers around FL.

Should be able to buy the bike for 9800 or 9900 dollars.
Then add the tax, title,plates.
There are killer deals going on all over the web now on closeout helmets and gear.
Try the stuff on at the dealer and then buy it over the net.

There are killer deals going on all over the web now on closeout helmets and gear.
Thanks "TIMMY!!!"

I believe most dealerships look to get 5% of their cost as profit from what I've read.

Question, should I expect to pay freight/assemly fees for putting the bike together (funny how varied the charges are from dealer to dealer).

Thanks "TIMMY!!!"

I believe most dealerships look to get 5% of their cost as profit from what I've read.  

Question, should I expect to pay freight/assemly fees for putting the bike together (funny how varied the charges are from dealer to dealer).
Those charges are B.S.
Just gravy for the dealership.
I got bumped up 100 this year to 9900 on a new one.
No Doc fees, No set -up , No freight.
Just a straight 9900 for the bike
That other stuff is all included in the dealers invoice.
Went to Motor Vehicles myself, claimed my tax credit off my old 05 and plates, tax, title cost me another 100 even there.

You'll probably get the same deal whether it's cash or financed. I paid $9700 OTD for my '04 and dealt directly with the sales manager. He did seem confused when I told him I'm buying it outright and even questioned me if I would be getting a loan from my bank. Told him if I couldn't afford a fuggin $10K toy my priorities would be elsewhere.
Also paying cash got me the bike I wanted on the spot. This dealer was the only one to get the blue/silver that I wanted but unfortunately someone got there before me and left a deposit on it and went out to try and get financed. I told the sales manager I want to take that bike home today and I won't wait for him to order me one. That deposit meant nothing to him.
smile.gif

btw, "paying cash" is a figure of speech. Get a bank check withdrawn from your savings account! You'd be crazy to carry around $10K in cash...it could get lost, you could get mugged, you might get into an accident and have thieving paramedics ect. Murphy's Law, odds are something will happen!

As far as the Draggin Jeans, I like mine. Very comfortable. Be sure to get the optional dual density armor which is only about $20 bucks more. Several members here have put them to the test and the jeans/kevlar held up great.

Oh man...the BS freight and assembly fees are added in no matter what. I paid $9700 for mine and the actual selling price of the bike on the receipt was ~$9100. Fee's aren't taxable so I only paid tax on the $9100. Work out an OTD price and make damn sure they break down everything on the receipt with PREP, FREIGHT AND DOC FEES. Hell, I'd have been more than happy to pay $1000 for the bike and $8700 in BS fees.

You'll probably get the same deal whether it's cash or financed.  I paid $9700 OTD for my '04 and dealt directly with the sales manager.  He did seem confused when I told him I'm buying it outright and even questioned me if I would be getting a loan from my bank. Told him if I couldn't afford a fuggin $10K toy my priorities would be elsewhere.
Also paying cash got me the bike I wanted on the spot.  This dealer was the only one to get the blue/silver that I wanted but unfortunately someone got there before me and left a deposit on it and went out to try and get financed.  I told the sales manager I want to take that bike home today and I won't wait for him to order me one.  That deposit meant nothing to him.
smile.gif

btw, "paying cash" is a figure of speech.  Get a bank check withdrawn from your savings account!  You'd be crazy to carry around $10K in cash...it could get lost, you could get mugged, you might get into an accident and have thieving paramedics ect.  Murphy's Law, odds are something will happen!

As far as the Draggin Jeans, I like mine.  Very comfortable.  Be sure to get the optional dual density armor which is only about $20 bucks more.  Several members here have put them to the test and the jeans/kevlar held up great.
Thanks Turbo,

Yeah, I'll be getting a bank check. It would be funny to throw down 10 Gs in cash (all ones just to piss them off).

And I will ask for the sales manager from the get-go. No offense to younger guys but I don't want some 18 year-old messenger to be negotiating my cost w/ the sales manager.

I'm looking to get $10k or less OTD. Thank God here in FL there are numerous dealers...I'll just have to put in the leg-work.

Also, do the Draggin Jeans fit like normal Jeans? Smaller or larger than advertised?

I've heard people claim both ends of the spectrum, but I think they fit like normal jeans. I'm a 33 waist in Wranglers and Levis but unfortunately Draggins only come in even sizes. I had a choice between 32 or 34 so I picked 34. They fit loose but that's not a bad thing when it comes to riding a sport bike. 33 would have been perfect though.

Back