Jacket Fit Help

JPunisher

Registered
Just bought this Joe Rocket Jacket JoeRocket.com

Now I bought this online and it is my first jacket. I know that some of these jackets need to be strapped to avoid flapping so they run a little small. When I put it on I have about 3-5 inches of slack on the waist which for me is ok. I can still tighten the waist straps a couple of inches easily. What bothers me is that if I raise my hands the jacket rolls up (might be due to the heavy textile material) and if I extend my arms to the sides and back I feel it tighten around the chest area a little (kind of like hulk when he breaks the shirts but in the chest area not the back :laugh: ). Is this normal or is the jacket too small. I don't know if this is due to the pads or if the jacket is made to be more confortable when sitting on a bike. With my arms down the jacket is fine. While my arms are extended forward (like riding a bike) it is fine but rolls up just a little on the sleeves but not by much. I am afraid that if I go up another size I will be swimming in jacket waist wise. I usually wear somewhat baggy clothes so it kind of feels a little restricted in the chest area.

Is this normal or do I need to go up a size? I don't have any local stores that I can try stuff out and I am also restricted on the time that I have for an exchange. Any help would be apprecated.

Thanks,

JPunisher

its good to be a little tight. if you went down, you wouldnt want your jacket to be moving all over your body, causing all the imapact points to not be where they need to be to protect you most. as for the sleeves moving up on you, maybe you have the same problem i have: long arms. you should be okay with what you have, but you need to be comfortable when you ride so you arn't distracted by your gear and can focus on your environment.

its good to be a little tight. if you went down, you wouldnt want your jacket to be moving all over your body, causing all the imapact points to not be where they need to be to protect you most. as for the sleeves moving up on you, maybe you have the same problem i have: long arms. you should be okay with what you have, but you need to be comfortable when you ride so you arn't distracted by your gear and can focus on your environment.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the help. I also heard that these types of jackets are optimized for the riding position which might explain why it feels a little tight around the chest but not the back and shoulders. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that or is it BS?

Thanks,

JPunisher

Thanks for the help. I also heard that these types of jackets are optimized for the riding position which might explain why it feels a little tight around the chest but not the back and shoulders. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that or is it BS?

Thanks,

JPunisher

Most jackets are cut and sewn to be in the riding position.
That is where they are most comfortable.

Back