Gen 2 Busa comparison to Gen 2 VMax - personal opinion

Sat on a Vmax at the Vancouver Motorcycle show but thats it. Never any at the bike shop, none to be seen on the road. No demo bikes to try or even just sit on... I wonder why they even bothered if
Yamaha won't make them more available ?

You are comparing a sportbike with a cruiser :whistle:

Two different animals I love seating geometry of the vmax. It's a cruiser of course it has a friendlier seating position. The only thing I don't like about the V Max is the price and when you start adding the extra options which really make it look nice, the price just gets insanely ugly :laugh: I priced one out the way I wanted it and ended being like 22K :moon: I don't think so :rofl:

The 240 tire should have been standard and included for the price that thing retails for jmo

But I do love the Yamaha enjoy your ride if it sold for the same price as the Busa I would own one as a stable mate because the Busa is the sharpest and nicest looking ride out there. :poke: :laugh:
You very clearly dont know anything about the max, its a muscle bike, not a cruiser, cruisers dont make 200hp and 123lbft of torque. Its like comparing a porsche and a dodge challenger. Yea the porsche weighs less and will handle better. But wen it comes to power the busa and vmax are nearly identical. Also your an idiot if you want a stock 240, they put that 200 on there for a reason, its faaar better handling yet still has that big patch of rubber for the straight aways

Sat on a Vmax at the Vancouver Motorcycle show but thats it. Never any at the bike shop, none to be seen on the road. No demo bikes to try or even just sit on... I wonder why they even bothered if
Yamaha won't make them more available ?
Its meant to be an exclusive rare bike, its not like the busa where every1 and there grandma has had one. Its like shitty ass mustangs, they are so common now any1 can have one, which in theory sounds cool, but if you are like me and want to have something nice and rare. That not every mother fker has then you dont want mass production, people forget that yeah they might cost a lot initially but that also means the resale value holds like a mofo

You very clearly dont know anything about the max, its a muscle bike, not a cruiser, cruisers dont make 200hp and 123lbft of torque. Its like comparing a porsche and a dodge challenger. Yea the porsche weighs less and will handle better. But wen it comes to power the busa and vmax are nearly identical. Also your an idiot if you want a stock 240, they put that 200 on there for a reason, its faaar better handling yet still has that big patch of rubber for the straight aways
Its meant to be an exclusive rare bike, its not like the busa where every1 and there grandma has had one. Its like shitty ass mustangs, they are so common now any1 can have one, which in theory sounds cool, but if you are like me and want to have something nice and rare. That not every mother fker has then you dont want mass production, people forget that yeah they might cost a lot initially but that also means the resale value holds like a mofo
Nothing like jumping into a conversation after 8 years and still being wrong..
Yamaha describes it as a "power cruiser* on their website, so there's that. It's a mass produced motorcycle, still available in 2020, so it's not really exclusive, now is it? List price is $17999, in contrast with a Busa's 14799, not exactly a lot more
Perhaps you should figure out how to use a forum, how to research things before looking like a clown, and how to be less of a tool.
Paying more for a heavier, slower bike. Yeah, that makes sense ...

Nothing like jumping into a conversation after 8 years and still being wrong..
Yamaha describes it as a "power cruiser* on their website, so there's that. It's a mass produced motorcycle, still available in 2020, so it's not really exclusive, now is it? List price is $17999, in contrast with a Busa's 14799, not exactly a lot more
Perhaps you should figure out how to use a forum, how to research things before looking like a clown, and how to be less of a tool.
Paying more for a heavier, slower bike. Yeah, that makes sense ...
Lmfao!! Nothing like bein sore lil girl. The Vmax has a nearly 35 year reign as top muscle bike. Yes MUSCLE BIKE! Power cruiser is jus a fancier way of saying muscle bike. It also broadens its range of buyers by putting cruiser in it. Its also a bike with more advanced racing components stock then ur busa, while you are spending thousands of dollars upgrading suspension brakes and other key components, the max already has them. Its also way more expensive to produce powerful v4 engines, btw an engine that equals your busas power output with more torque and also did i mention its equaling your busas power and at a lower compression ratio?????? Haaaaaa! Slap some heads on the max, a full system exhaust(cuz the stock has a catalytic converter with the giant ass cans all equaling about 60lbs.) Maybe extend it 3 inches. And not only will the max out power your busa, it will also weigh about the same give or take 10-20lbs. I dont give shite if this was a 20 year old thread btw enjoy ur day jack wang busa groupie

Lmfao!! Nothing like bein sore lil girl. The Vmax has a nearly 35 year reign as top muscle bike. Yes MUSCLE BIKE! Power cruiser is jus a fancier way of saying muscle bike. It also broadens its range of buyers by putting cruiser in it. Its also a bike with more advanced racing components stock then ur busa, while you are spending thousands of dollars upgrading suspension brakes and other key components, the max already has them. Its also way more expensive to produce powerful v4 engines, btw an engine that equals your busas power output with more torque and also did i mention its equaling your busas power and at a lower compression ratio?????? Haaaaaa! Slap some heads on the max, a full system exhaust(cuz the stock has a catalytic converter with the giant ass cans all equaling about 60lbs.) Maybe extend it 3 inches. And not only will the max out power your busa, it will also weigh about the same give or take 10-20lbs. I dont give shite if this was a 20 year old thread btw enjoy ur day jack wang busa groupie

Either you are one of our regulars posing under a different user name just to get everyone riled up or...….

You need to go back to your V Max forum and perhaps with time you can gather your facts (the right ones) and then come back with more knowledge of what you are talking about.

I like V Max bikes, I think Yamaha did it right with that bike.

Comparing a V Max to a Hayabusa is comparing apples to oranges, both good, both different in what their intended purpose is.

I hope actual VMAX owners are brighter and better writers than you, it's painful reading what you're typing. I think I understand what you are saying though.
In your tiny brain, it doesn't matter what the manufacturer calls it, you think it's a muscle bike. As such it's had an undisputed 35 year reign as the best example of that category. I'd hope so, it's the only one in the category....
As far as broadening the pool of buyers, I thought you were claiming Yamaha made it exclusive. Which is it? They can't both be true.
You say the max has advanced race components and doesn't need to be upgraded, followed by saying you can "slap some heads on" a VMAX to upgrade it. Again, pick one, they can't both be true. Then the exhaust comment, ummmmm a gen 2 busa has a cat and heavy ass cans, plus far more exhaust options than a VMAX. But, if you'd done even the smallest amount of research, you'd know that.
All in all, what you're saying is that a modified VMAX will beat a stock busa. Congratulations, you sure showed all us busa owners how superior the VMAX platform is. I could agree with you about that, but then we'd just both be wrong...

found this dated 8/2019 of the V max net forum looking for our troll . 197 hp lmao on a 600 pound bike.
These guys would crap themselves if the rode a sub 500 pound 207 hp NA Hayabusa . The pig slow turning V max would be sold quickly.
So here's my mechanical mods. Nash Flash, MAJOR air box mods, K&N, Power Commander V, Delkevic 8 inch round carbon fiber decat pipe exhaust with slash cuts (sans baffles per Tim), clutch upgrades. 2 hours and 23 miles later on the dyno, it made 196.68 RWHP and 128.86 ft. lbs. of torque. I take the liberty of rounding it up to 197 hp. The Power Commander V made a big difference in getting the final tune just right.
Attached Files:

You don’t know anything about his busa. Don’t think a VMax with full exhaust is going to be faster than a turbocharged busa.

...and YOU clearly don't know anything about etiquette.

Blasting into a forum as a new member, NOT introducing yourself, insulting someone who has another opinion, not even realizing that you respond to a dead 8 year old post,and obviously you also forgot to spent some time in school.
Your writing is like that of a 5 year old.

Please do us and yourself a favor and close to the door behind you when you leave!

I hope actual VMAX owners are brighter and better writers than you, it's painful reading what you're typing. I think I understand what you are saying though.
In your tiny brain, it doesn't matter what the manufacturer calls it, you think it's a muscle bike. As such it's had an undisputed 35 year reign as the best example of that category. I'd hope so, it's the only one in the category....
As far as broadening the pool of buyers, I thought you were claiming Yamaha made it exclusive. Which is it? They can't both be true.
You say the max has advanced race components and doesn't need to be upgraded, followed by saying you can "slap some heads on" a VMAX to upgrade it. Again, pick one, they can't both be true. Then the exhaust comment, ummmmm a gen 2 busa has a cat and heavy ass cans, plus far more exhaust options than a VMAX. But, if you'd done even the smallest amount of research, you'd know that.
All in all, what you're saying is that a modified VMAX will beat a stock busa. Congratulations, you sure showed all us busa owners how superior the VMAX platform is. I could agree with you about that, but then we'd just both be wrong...
You definitely didnt understand. At all btw who really gives a shite bout spelling really? Are you grading me for school? Guna slap my wrist with a ruler? My point is your busa is almost at its limits stock unless u put some serious cash into, where as the vmax still has a lot more hp and torque potential, for it is an understressed motor in comparison. IF YOU SIR ACTUALLY DID THE RESEARCH, youd know that that these bikes were designed specifically for the 1/4 mile both gen 1 and gen 2 purpose built for the 1/4 mile. You are an idiot to think that theres a limit to mods on the max, congrats you have more styles of cans for your busa, thats not where the power is fan boy, its in the headers. Who cares about the cans??? These bikes have superchargers turbo chargers, nitrous injection options out the ass. Basically anything you can do to your busa you can do to a Vmax. But the max will prolly gain more power from these mods than your busa, because its an undisputed fact that the 2 bikes at making about equal power but the max has a lower compression ratio, and i didnt say you need to upgrade a max to get it as fast as a busa, dont put bs words in my mouth. Im saying the vmax stock has better brakes and suspension all of which will bridge the gap in price between the two.

• Haha
Reactions: c10
You definitely didnt understand. At all btw who really gives a shite bout spelling really? Are you grading me for school? Guna slap my wrist with a ruler? My point is your busa is almost at its limits stock unless u put some serious cash into, where as the vmax still has a lot more hp and torque potential, for it is an understressed motor in comparison. IF YOU SIR ACTUALLY DID THE RESEARCH, youd know that that these bikes were designed specifically for the 1/4 mile both gen 1 and gen 2 purpose built for the 1/4 mile. You are an idiot to think that theres a limit to mods on the max, congrats you have more styles of cans for your busa, thats not where the power is fan boy, its in the headers. Who cares about the cans??? These bikes have superchargers turbo chargers, nitrous injection options out the ass. Basically anything you can do to your busa you can do to a Vmax. But the max will prolly gain more power from these mods than your busa, because its an undisputed fact that the 2 bikes at making about equal power but the max has a lower compression ratio, and i didnt say you need to upgrade a max to get it as fast as a busa, dont put bs words in my mouth. Im saying the vmax stock has better brakes and suspension all of which will bridge the gap in price between the two.
Ali123 go pound sand on your forum.

found this dated 8/2019 of the V max net forum looking for our troll . 197 hp lmao on a 600 pound bike.
These guys would crap themselves if the rode a sub 500 pound 207 hp NA Hayabusa . The pig slow turning V max would be sold quickly.

Attached Files:
Thats like some of the most basic mods done to these bikes, and he increased the rear wheel hp by 25 ponies, and way more torque than ur busa, i see that as a win.

Back