Busa Comparisons

herooo

Donating Member
Registered
Hi All,

Looking at a new bike, found this site and joined last night (thanks for the help Capt.) I've read alot of your threads and let me say first of all that I never want to piss you people off!!

A a bike fanatic friend has been suggesting the 'busa and says there's good reason there is a cult following. I see now that your all fanatics!

I'm relativley new (Approx. 25,00 KMS over past two years, bike course, into sleds, and definitley addicted etc), but fairly capable, and mostly sensible....

I Ride a 98 (eh-hem..) Sportster 1200 custom, and a Ninja ZZ 600. I mostly like doing big mile all day cruises, and love the comfort the ZZ gives over a long day, while it still seems pretty good through the twisties. Rode a cbr 600 last year and did not like it at all. Too light and rough / choppy generally uncomfortable.

Sport touring sort of type riding (I want it all)

I have been thinking about getting a ZZ 1200, 1200 R, or a Blackbird but have nothing to compare too other than the 600.

Sat on a ZZ 1200 at dealer and found it heavy / upright etc, but have no idea how it would ride. I really like my 600 and if I could just stuff 150 horses in it I probably would be satisfied, but you guys would know better. Any comparisons / suggestions would be appreciated.

I need a new bike! Help me, I can't wait much longer and may impulse buy something foolish!!

Great site, will be here for a while, busa or no.

Cheers

Can't do much in the way of comparisons to those bikes, but I would say that you would enjoy the 'Busa if you get one. It gives you the ability to ride all day (best with an other than stock seat), do track time or just sit on it and look good! You can definitely do it all with this bike! You won't regret buying one!

Heroo, like you I found this site while researching which bike to get. I looked at and rode all of the bikes you mentioned. All are great bikes. I also had FJR 13 and ST 13 in the mix. I found a post in here in Feb that summed it up and sent me down for the test ride on the busa. It has all day comfort, it handles well in the twisties, and it is fast as a sumbitch!
With all of the talk about how fast this bike is people sometimes fail to talk about how civilized the bike is to ride around town or freeway miles.
This bike pulls everywhere from 2000 RPMs on up.
It is a docile bike until you twist your wrist, then hold on. I am more amazed with every mile I put on this bike.
Good luck with your search and welcome to the board!

Everything you said your searching for in a bike, the Busa's got and more. Don't even think about parting with your money until you ride(not just sit on) a Busa. There are alot of awesome bikes out there right now, but none of them have been able to cover all the bases (blinding speed, ultra comfort for long rides, and very agile in the twisties, plus drop dead georgous looks) like the mighty Hayabusa!...All IMHO..

Welcome to the center of knowlege!!

Dan
egitarre77.gif

Since you are not specifically after a Busa, I would buy whichever fits you best. Sort of a canned answer I know but really the Busa is a sweet bike, amazing motor, excellent handling, and comfortable. With a few accessories, Heli-bars maybe a new seat it's good for all day easy. Might be good all day for you as is. But it is a big mutha and it is a rocket so an experianced hand is highly recommended. If you've been riding an H.D. it won't be an issue weight wise though.

Before you Buy any of the bikes you mentioned though, I would first go check out the VFR800. True all day comfort, awesome V-4 motor, low maintenence, Honda quality. The biggest reasons for my buying a Busa was 1. Power 155 horses Minimum... and 2. Color, I found an all black one. If it wasn't for these things I prolly would have bought a VFR... So you owe it to yourself to at least look at the new VFR before buying.

Just go to your dealership, and sit on the bikes your thinking about for about 30 minutes, this will help you decide which one you will be able to live with...

Rev

Hey all and thanks for tips. I have noticed there is very little talk about handling and "rideability".

I had considered VFR too, but discounted due to it only being a 800. Definitly want bigger. Hey how about "biggerbusa"? Na nevermind, I think this board is getting me too excited.....

Anybody within 3 hours of toronto want to hold a cashiers check and let me ride it around the block??
Dealers wouldn't let you ride one if you bought it from them! I'll come back, really.....
Thanks again
Cheers

Welcome aboard! I was torn between the Rune and the Busa when I was shopping. Glad I bought the busa, it has more power and I did not lose the comfort I was looking for. I often ride for 200-300 miles non-stop and have never had my legs go to sleep, never a hurting back, nothing. I love it! Not to mention it is one super fast muther!

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085063564 -->

....More please, gonna drop $$$ soon, would really like more comparison to ZZR1200, ZZr 600 and especially ride quality / twisties. And thanks for the info Black sheep!! Don't forget those photo's...

Are 99's that much more sought after?

Cheers

....More please, gonna drop $$$ soon, would really like more comparison to ZZR1200, ZZr 600 and especially ride quality /  twisties.  And thanks for the info Black sheep!! Don't forget those photo's...

Are 99's that much more sought after?

Cheers
we can say all we want but everyone is different so it wouldn't do much. my suggestion is to go and test ride all the bikes you're comparing.

Thanks again all. If only Black Sheep could go a little lower..... Gentlemen, apply some pressure please!!!
smile.gif

Let's see... 99's & 00's unrestricted
got speed Busa!
got handling Busa! (Don't let the wittle guys tell you it's bulky)
got looks Busa!
got comfort Busa!

For a "sports tourer" you can't go wrong with the Busa. Things to consider your body weight/height, but other than that being you've got the experience I'd say go for it. I've said on other threads and I'll say again, what bike can you go for a 6 hour ride 2 up with the misses on Sat, and go to the track for some low 10's & 9's on Sun in the 1/4. There isn't another bike on the planet that can do that. So again riders preference comes into play. And oh yeah the Busa can do some twisty work too, as some of my fellow riders have found out! Good luck and happy shopping.

God bless,
BD

Welcome to the board.
Buy the Busa and you will never look back and wonder if you made the right choice. I have put in 8 hour days riding my bike and it is all stock except the mufflers. I have only owned two bikes and the Busa is one and my first one was a 1998 CBR 600. I put over 30,000 miles on my CBR in just over two years then I bought traded it in on a (at the time) a new 2000 Blue and Silver Busa. I still love to play with the power of this thing and yes it will get you into trouble very quickly.
wow.gif
Just remember take it easy on the gas and all will be good. If there is any doubt on handleing just check out some of Nickslick's videos or get you a copy of Mach 2 and Mach 3. The Busa puts the ZX11, R1, and CBR1100 to shame.
tounge.gif

Thanks again all for this thread and others..
Buying my first busa this Saturday from one of your own (black sheep) saturday! Will keep you posted... looked at a few, and done alot of dreaming...will keep you posted
Cheers

.....will keep you posted....will keep you posted......
Thanks Homer I get it

Just a little excite....will keep you posted...

O.k. what fun is it if you can't brag a little?

Cheers

Back