Gen 2 busa hot start issue.

Found a simple diagram for the 24 volt system if you want it.

24 volt

batterys.jpeg

Unless a person is running uber-high compression, Suzuki didn't design the Hayabusa to run such a system.....if one is needed on a basically stock bike, there is a real problem, one that needs to be resolved, not over-powered... Just

I completely agree with you. That’s why I recommend the DEi tape. I really think on some bikes the tolerances are tighter than others in the starter and the heat swells the parts making it harder to turn. It would explain why 24 volts or a larger battery is able to overcome it. Keeping the heat out of those starters that this happens to is my first recommendation. I could be completely wrong but it makes sense to me.

cool…. But what’s the situation with the 2nd battery’s charge state?
It would be necessary to charge the 2nd battery every now and then due to it being isolated from the bike’s charging system would it not?
When I had mine I had to charge the second battery maybe every couple weeks. I put a trickle charger connector on it and plugged it in. Easy peasy.

Hi
I spoke to an other mechanic from here and he referred to just change the bearings. He says no way your crank is shot. He has seen my bike first hand and personally.
And he asked na a question I could not answer confidently, which was if my radiator was serviced or working perfectly.

Coolant should be flushed every 2 years, it is regualr maintenace.
A simple procedure, and you can buy coolant flush in the store, but distilled water and white vinegar work just as well, if not better.
One to two flushes until the water/vinegar runs out of the engine clear, then refill with coolant, 50/50 premix, or better yet, Engine Ice.

Back