Anyone w/ aftermarket battery still experiencing 'hot start' issue?

GSXR1300RR-Gen3

Registered
Is there anyone out there with an aftermarket battery that still experiences the ‘hot start’ issue, notably, on the gen3?

For context - My bike is <1 year old, lives on a battery tender most of the time (280 miles on odo). I was 3 miles into my cruise around town and stalled at a light. Tried starting half a dozen times and it sounded like the battery was low voltage, even though the battery tender was green when I left. Applied some extra throttle during the starting process and finally got it to turn over..

This has been an issue for me off and on (random) since I bought it last year.
Can’t help but think the stock battery is junk? Curious if anyone with an aftermarket battery continues to have this issue.

Is there anyone out there with an aftermarket battery that still experiences the ‘hot start’ issue, notably, on the gen3?

For context - My bike is <1 year old, lives on a battery tender most of the time (280 miles on odo). I was 3 miles into my cruise around town and stalled at a light. Tried starting half a dozen times and it sounded like the battery was low voltage, even though the battery tender was green when I left. Applied some extra throttle during the starting process and finally got it to turn over..

Can’t help but think the stock battery is junk? Curious if anyone with an aftermarket battery continues to have this issue.

over short distances the genrator can´t load the (acid/gel) battery that far that it has enough power to start ur engine again.

better is the lifepo - she has allways more (starting) power.

but my tip would be to check the charging voltage.

up to date I haven't heard of any problems with the Gen3 here in Germany,

but if the charging voltage of an acid or gel battery is constantly above 15 V, the battery suffers significantly and can! become defective.
a lifepo will be killed very quick by 15 and more volts !

recommendation (and this applies to ALL busa):

install (temporarily) a voltmeter and check that way the charge strength - over 15 V , ... ;-)

or get an electric vehicle 4 short ways. (up to 3-4 miles one way)
or get a bicycle ;-)

You also don't want to leave your battery constantly hooked up to the tender. Look up the video Ari Henning did on winterizing your motorcycle last year.

I wonder if the 2024 on batteries are the same? There's NO WAY that the mothership doesn't know of this problem.

Personal issue for me is currently owning three Italians and having more confidence that they'll fire up than my gen3!

You also don't want to leave your battery constantly hooked up to the tender. Look up the video Ari Henning did on winterizing your motorcycle last year.
Depends on the tender. Newer smarter ones turn themselves off when not needed. I wasn't aware the lithium ones have a tiny discharge rate and all you need to do is unplug the negative terminal...

it's got nothing to do with the battery. When it gets hot the starter expands and binds to its housing so wont turn. Once it cools enough the metal contracts and hey presto normal service resumed. Doesn't affect all bikes, depends on manufacturing tolerances.

it's got nothing to do with the battery.

;)2024 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa | Pashnit Tours

20230831_193217-2.jpg

Torque Limiter Assembly-Gen3-2.jpg

it's got nothing to do with the battery. When it gets hot the starter expands and binds to its housing so wont turn. Once it cools enough the metal contracts and hey presto normal service resumed. Doesn't affect all bikes, depends on manufacturing tolerances.
Any idea how this can be fixed?

Back