Gen 1 hayabusa hot start issues

Busaboo

Registered
Well she's alive finally lol.
I just wanted to update everyone on my previous hot start issues,as some dont bother when they have fixed theirs.
I had the typical hot start issues with my bike,and as I have learned ,and all others know it is a mine field of ifs and buts,and coulds and couldn'ts, and it has drove me mad trying all of these theories on the web.

I changed,external fuel pump filters,plugs cleaned and gapped new injectors checked crank gear all good changed battery twice,new stator, new reg rec, and nothing,upgraded the starter motor to heavy duty one,and it works like a treat. I want to thank mr brown,kiwi rider,and many others for their help with potential causes.I completed the work all by myself, a non mechanical engineer. It now starts hot and old,no drama also pulls better.I also fitted new radiator and oil cooler,and updated all brakes,with new coiled hoses and pads,and work like a monster.
So thank you all for your advice.

Happy rider

20200109_143538.jpg

20200103_120818.jpg

20190726_140718.jpg

20190723_163706.jpg

20190716_161705.jpg

20180902_123154.jpg

20180805_124637.jpg

20190825_180110.jpg

Not brought sock yet mr brown,pricey in uk with tax for insulation foam, was looking to see if you can make one for cheaper.

Not brought sock yet mr brown,pricey in uk with tax for insulation foam, was looking to see if you can make one for cheaper.
Just order it from mega zip Japan, US$36 plus about $20 freight.
That’s about 43 quid.

Just order it from mega zip Japan, US$36 plus about $20 freight.
That’s about 43 quid.
Thanks, never heard of them.Just checked,not sure on tax at post office,but about £49.Can this not be made similar for cheaper?. Also what is the actual material used for this?
Just seems at approx £50 uk for some foam, a bloody rip off,as it's not exactly well made lol from pics I've seen.Is it really necessary is something else I wondered?.

little help to all 99 and 00 busa owners

the insulation foam for the fuel pump, as plate material ~ 10 mm thick and 200x200 mm, you can get from plumbers/central heating/chillers for less than 1 $ , glue can be the banal "pattex"
in germany this foam is called "armaflex" and its resistance to heat reaches up to around 130°C

same foam plate material you also can use for the fuel tank ;-)

Starter I reckon

too bad - so you don´t know 100% exactly what the fault was
because you did all your replacements / fixings at the same time.
(seems so to me)

electric or electronic problems (in principle)

the only way i know,
how to find out best,
what really causes the fault, is
- to replace ONE (suspected) piece (sensor) once,
- to take a testride and re-replace if the fault is still there/ still occurs
- and to replace next (now newly suspected) "piece"
and
- to take the next testride (and so on)
until the error no longer occurs.

yes!, i know.
this method takes sometimes a very long time / lots of hours.
but saves some times a lot of money,
if you find the fault while very 1st replacing.
and
otherwise you never - for shure - find out what piece really was "broken".

and
when ever you "detect" a very similar type of problems again at your own busa or at a friend´s busa,
you then perhaps can save a lot of times. ;-)

too bad - so you don´t know 100% exactly what the fault was
because you did all your replacements / fixings at the same time.
(seems so to me)

electric or electronic problems (in principle)

the only way i know,
how to find out best,
what really causes the fault, is
- to replace ONE (suspected) piece (sensor) once,
- to take a testride and re-replace if the fault is still there/ still occurs
- and to replace next (now newly suspected) "piece"
and
- to take the next testride (and so on)
until the error no longer occurs.

yes!, i know.
this method takes sometimes a very long time / lots of hours.
but saves some times a lot of money,
if you find the fault while very 1st replacing.
and
otherwise you never - for shure - find out what piece really was "broken".

and
when ever you "detect" a very similar type of problems again at your own busa or at a friend´s busa,
you then perhaps can save a lot of times. ;-)
Many thanks for your reply. I must not have been clear in my update.All parts where fitted one by one on separate times,every time checked once fitted and warmed up,(DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM),Then finally,the last two parts WERE fitted at the same time.After research, I found the stator was responsible for charge to the battery etc,I charged the battery to 13.4 volts optimised every time. Also the continuity tests I was following of you tube,I got what I needed to off the stator,and had no leaks on circuit current through the electric system,I came to the conclusion it was the starter motor.Also if you look closer to the pic on the starter motor I removed,you will see a sign of chipping and wear on the end of the starter shaft.I only changed the stator as a rule of good measure as I did the rest,I might as well for £49,whilst oil drained out,for peace of mind.

I hope this makes more sense of what i was trying to explain.

Well she's alive finally lol.
I just wanted to update everyone on my previous hot start issues,as some dont bother when they have fixed theirs.
I had the typical hot start issues with my bike,and as I have learned ,and all others know it is a mine field of ifs and buts,and coulds and couldn'ts, and it has drove me mad trying all of these theories on the web.

I changed,external fuel pump filters,plugs cleaned and gapped new injectors checked crank gear all good changed battery twice,new stator, new reg rec, and nothing,upgraded the starter motor to heavy duty one,and it works like a treat. I want to thank mr brown,kiwi rider,and many others for their help with potential causes.I completed the work all by myself, a non mechanical engineer. It now starts hot and old,no drama also pulls better.I also fitted new radiator and oil cooler,and updated all brakes,with new coiled hoses and pads,and work like a monster.
So thank you all for your advice.

Happy rider

View attachment 1610870

View attachment 1610871

View attachment 1610873

View attachment 1610874

View attachment 1610875

View attachment 1610876

View attachment 1610877

View attachment 1610878
Just an update,as pointed out to me.
ALL PARTS WERE FITTED SEPARATELY, ON DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, AND RODE AFTER FITTED, TO IDENTIFY IF THAT PART WAS THE FAULT. THE ONLY PARTS FITTED AT THE SAME TIME WERE THE STARTER AND STATOR.

little help to all 99 and 00 busa owners

the insulation foam for the fuel pump, as plate material ~ 10 mm thick and 200x200 mm, you can get from plumbers/central heating/chillers for less than 1 $ , glue can be the banal "pattex"
in germany this foam is called "armaflex" and its resistance to heat reaches up to around 130°C

same foam plate material you also can use for the fuel tank ;-)
Thanks Berlin,great help.

Back