Florida Bikers - Lose your bike

(spkerhed @ Sep. 26 2007,21:12)
(Rayabusa0818 @ Sep. 26 2007,16:30) Before you run you may want to check out this post on gixxer.com...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums....t=chase

The language in the thread is not safe for work or kids.
If it comes down to them taking my bike Ill take my chances and if they catch me and thats a big IF I will deal with the consequences
And here lies the problem, when you run you endanger more than yourself. You endanger the cop pursuing you and everyone else on the road or sidewalk.

You say you'll deal with the consequences....

what about injuries to the cop, to innocent bystanders and drivers?? How can you possibly deal with those consequences?? You can't!

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 27 2007,18:58) And here lies the problem, when you run you endanger more than yourself.  You endanger the cop pursuing you and everyone else on the road or sidewalk.  

what about injuries to the cop, to innocent bystanders and drivers??  How can you possibly deal with those consequences??  You can't!
THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!
AAAssjani.gif

I was in the military and have lived EVERYWHERE...to include other countries. Living here in Miami I have never noticed so much corruption from the police.
The only good thing I see in this is that the police don't really try motorcyclist. Anyone else from Florida can attest to it. If they want to get that stu[pid with it then I say screw em'! Can't catch me anyways...That makes me so mad!!

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 27 2007,15:58)
And here lies the problem, when you run you endanger more than yourself.  You endanger the cop pursuing you and everyone else on the road or sidewalk.  

what about injuries to the cop, to innocent bystanders and drivers??  How can you possibly deal with those consequences??  You can't![/Quote]
You think you got it all figured out but you don’t know shiit I don’t ride hard in town or when the highway is busy but if Imp flying along on a back road in the country and a cop pulled out a lit up his light and I was say doing 100 mph the next time I looked at the speedo it would read closer to 190 so yea I WILL DEAL WITH THE CONSEQENCES so back off dik head

I have a problem with it because I don't think Leo's should have the authority to let one guy off, while taking the next guy to jail and stealing his bike from him.

I don't want some guy with a big waistline deciding my fate. I prefer to decide my own.

i havent been on here for a few weeks but this is insance my stomach literally just dropped when i read this like i lost a loved one because im alreay feeling the loss of my bike and its a year away thats bs how many cops decide your fate and the fact that cars are not included im sick does anyone know who i have to call to sign a petition organize a rally a protest whatever this is rediculous we cant let this happen

It's a conspiracy. In florida the weather is usually nice enough for one to ride year round. With fuel prices as high as they are and our economy not as good lot of people are turning to motorcycles. Motorcycles are relatively cheap compared to a car. Get a decent bike for $6k compared to a decent car at $12k or so.

Go to any car dealer in florida or anywhere for that matter and they will pretty much do what ever you want because they have to sell. I just learned that when a dealership sells a vehichle they also get paid from the manufacturer. Didn't know that.

They are making it difficult to have one instead of the other. Just like GM when they came out with their fully operational electric vehichle out in CA. They worked perfectly too perfect, no maintance so they couldn't make money off of that. No parts to replace other that wheels and brakes. They took these off the market took them from existing owners just went and took them and what did they do with all these cars.....Crushed them. The Auto makers in this country are in hand and hand with the oil industry.

Sounds like they don't want us to have cheaper more efficient alternatives.... Again. And why doesn't this apply to cars and why are other crimes treated with less penalties.

B.S. is right. Now what are we going to do about it?

does anyone really think this is about improving things for the civi's? Do you really think it's to try and make things safer? Do you think it's to prevent the few from doing waht they do?

It's about money. They can make a lot of money all around... 10yrs suspension... that person will be back in court again... prior to the suspension beng lifted. Counties/town/state will make lots of $$$. Good argument to add more leo's or at least allow more over time to inforce the law, lawyers will make more, insurance companies will be racking it up, etc...
guns.gif

If you wanna also make some money off the whole thing maybe it's time to start a "defensive ridding" school to teach people how to evade and elude, high speed ridding tech, when to make a left instead of a right turn, etc.
firedevil.gif

It's really up to the Leo's though. They're the ones that choose to enforce laws. If there were a way to get them on your side it doesn't matter what laws are passed.
beerchug.gif

The ones who ride like idiots will remain idiots. The ones who ride "spirited" but are law abidding will get the shaft. Time to buy a harley n have a beer! lol

Well you can send this thread to the Florida State Legislature, Thanks to stupid laws like that I will not spend my hard earned money in that state!

The popo seized a bike this week in Pasco county. He had no liscense and ran, got caught. So, the point is, they can already seize bikes.

There has got to be thousands of bikes and thousands more that will just disagree with he new law.. Need a huge protest and run all the FL.GOV . out of office...It can be done IF THATS IF all joined against it... WE THE PEOPLE. not we the gov.

This is profiling in its most elemental form! No different than scrutinizing you by race, sex, creed, color whatever. Because you have chosen a form of transportation that's considered abnormal by the general public you are now a target. Just like the Fuzz here in my state with there recent highly publicized "crackdown" on motorcyclists. Why not do some good and crack down on the pedophiles, junkies, murderers, illegal aliens etc. Why? Because we are easy prey! We ride our motorcycles on the highways and byways of this country in plain sight of the public and law enforcement. So they don't have to do any real police work aside from setting down their donuts and aiming the Radar gun at you and should you not act the "right way" or say the "right things" to them when they do pull you over you could be judged (!) to be in violation of this (proposed) law and or many others just like it. It is a means to drum up revenue nothing more. Revenue for them in the form of fines and selling off your precious ride. Revenue for the Insurance company who now gets to gouge your eyes out or sole custody of your fist born child just to get Insurance that (you guessed it)the law says you have to have to operate a motor vehicle in this state. It's all about the Benjamin's! Doing it under the guise of public safety is an outright tragedy in itself!
rant.gif

Back