Florida Bikers - Lose your bike

You Fl guys should get together before it`s too late. It is discrimination for motorcyclists.
What happened to "innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law"?

(Justyntym @ Sep. 26 2007,05:37)
(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 26 2007,00:00)
(bitabur @ Sep. 25 2007,20:28) WHY is it legal to confiscate a bike whose rider is accused of being reckless or going 30+ over the limit, but not a car?  There are fast cars out there too, and they have a lot more capability to dammage people + property when doing something reckless.
Because the percentage of bikes running from cops compared to cars running from cops at over 150mph is HUGE!!!

This is what we get for running....
that doesn't matter what percentage does what...that's like saying a guy who commits murder with a handgun should get more punishment than someone who commits murder with a rifle because a handgun is used more....the person is still dead.

This is BS discrimination...a person can be drunk out of there mind and get DUI and but if I'm on a back road and crack 85 mph I lose my license for 10 years  

WTF
I'm not agreeing with it, but this is why its happening....
I think a law applicable to motorcycles should also be applicable to cars.

But this why you should never run in the first place.  You play, you gotta pay.  Even if you run, you'll get caught someday.

I don't understand

go 30 over on a motorcycle, lose everything

run over a motorcycle and rider with your car, get a slap on the wrist?

You want my bike? Catch me
race.gif

I certainly hope everyone in Florida gets together before it's too late . Seriously . Those asshats work for the majority of the people and the asshats sometimes to all times forget that .

I sincerely hope Florida reminds them and if they remind them well and get this knocked down then other states maybe not so apt to make fools of themselves as well and I beleive if big enough deal is made it will separate the rest from the nose picker who dreamed this up . They won't want to be guilty by association

Who lobby's for laws and is anyone in a better monetary position , is something that always comes to mind when I see such BS.

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 27 2007,02:35) I certainly hope everyone in Florida gets together before it's too late . Seriously . Those asshats work for the majority of the people and the asshats sometimes to all times forget that .

I sincerely hope Florida reminds them and if they remind them well and get this knocked down then other states maybe not so apt to make fools of themselves as well and I beleive if big enough deal is made it will separate the rest from the nose picker who dreamed this up . They won't want to be guilty by association

Who lobby's for laws and is anyone in a better monetary position , is something that always comes to mind when I see such BS.
You also have to remeber that florida is mostly senoirs that could give 2 sh*ts about your motorcycle, they are seen as a problem by alot of florida's eldery. they see morons stunting over the bridges on the news and we're all bad. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

You need to remeber that every old lady you blow-by at 150mph is another nail in all our coffins.

I have a shirt that was given to me. It is a joke shirt. It says on the back in BIG READABLE letters. "Hey I got great news!!!!!....I just saved a bunch of money on my motorcycle insurance by outrunning the cops on my bike."

I wear it under my jackets when I go to bike gatherings. Usually good for a few laughs. Guess what azzhats decide they don't like me?!!? I had a cop drive up to the gathering last week (yes here in Fla.) and I was getting off my parked bike and had taken off my jacket. He rolls up, flips on his blues and says License and Registration and POI (Proof of Insurance) please.

Now mind you there is like 85 bikes here. COP is a motorcycle cop.

I asked if everything was alright officer. Stone faced response was a repeat of the first request. So I provided him his rerquest. He looks it all over and hands it back to me and says...."I don't like your attitude"....I'm like WTH. I ask Sir can you tell me why, was I doing something wrong. His response, I saw your shirt, and if I see you on the road I will hope you try and run. I pondered a response a bit and said nothing. I took my stuff back and went on my way.

He hung around. Turns out there were a few cops in street clothes there also. They were hanging out together him in uniform and them not. As it turns out a new 14 showed up and I went over and started ogling. We were within earshot of the cops. The 14 owner saw my shirt and commented with a laugh about it......and then in God Sent Classic coincidence he says, "Crap do you think the cops think they can catch you if they wanted to"....to which I responded...."only if we don't get out of second gear".

About 10 mins later I pulled on my jacket and idled out of the parking lot, signaling a turn to leave and was almost positive there was going to be a set of blues on me....just cuz...we got bad attitudes I reckon.

I think I am going to have a new shirt made up. It will say something like "Due to recently passed Fla Statute XXXXXXXXXX, if you feel I'm speeding this is all I plan on letting you see of me for the next few seconds.

I confess I have not read this entire thread.

Who ruins it for us? Us. Not all of Us, but some of Us. Case in point.

I'm working. Fully marked Popo car stopped within eyesight of intersection, and 1/8 mile of all roads leading to/from it. Enter Mr. Squid.
T-shirt, white in color.
Shorts, khaki
footwear, white sneakers of course
Back-pack, khaki.
Bike, GSXR blue/white with Micron pipe.
Lid, a multi colored, gambler or similiar design with blue iridium visor up, so I knew he was looking at me and fully aware I was there.
What does he do? Wheelie of course. No way I'm catching him, he's got at least an 1/8 mile jump. To pursue would be futile. And, for him, dangerous.
What does John Q public see? Lawlessness, and a cop not doing his job.

Next day, I'm off. Enjoying soccer games at local High school. Enter Mr. Squid.
T-shirt, white in color.
Shorts, khaki
footwear, white sneakers of course
Back-pack, khaki.
Bike, GSXR blue/white with Micron pipe.
Lid, a multi colored, gambler or similiar design with blue iridium visor up.
What does he do? Wheelie of course. In/around/through the roads surrounding the school fields.

I will see him again. Whether working or not. I'm hoping not, because he will not out run me on my Busa, and I have a few words for him that may be seen as unprofessional. I do not always follow the letter of the law, and can't morally enforce those I am guilty of bending. But,

THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING.

IT IS NOT ALL THE TIME, EVERYPLACE.

What is so difficult about this concept?

I agree with you PD. When I'm around town, I behave. But if I see a LEO turning around in the median on the interstate and I'm doing my usual 110 in a 70 after 10/1/2008, then I will at least make it hard for them.

I'll donate to FHP just not my bike.

Hey PD. Good post and TY from a RATIONAL process of looking at it. Question for you. Why do you see it as endangering himself? Not meant to be a stupid question at all. But to be honest I see guys doing wheelies at interstate speeds and they pull off lane changes etc. on one wheel and can do all of it with apparent effortlessness. Not my cup of tea but I can't say that they are any more dangerous than the SQUID that hauls ass and is simply using speed stupidly?

While I don't condone this type of riding, I can say that I have been passed by other bikes on one wheel at over 100 MPH and they didn't seem to be in the least way endangered. I actually respect the skills they have.

By the way they are fully geared up etc. I in no way equate these riders with danger to themselves or even to others if done in the right environment.

Couldn't care about him being a danger to himself riding without gear. I think it's called the thinning of the gene pool? lol
If I were to pursue him, or any vehicle, then it gets dangerous. The second incident on school roads with pedestrians and kids  everywhere is just plain azzinine.
The mere fact that he seemed to try to taunt me and "call me out" during first incident makes it pesonal.
Let's face it, most LEO know only bike color so in this case any blue white sport bike is going the get the wrath of  PO'd Popo who thinks it's this guy. Hence, a few ruin it for the majority.

Back