ElCamino car or truck?

ElCamino "car"or "truck"

• Total voters

BiggDaddyBusa08

Registered
Im whatching a show on discovery channel called Wrecks to Riches and they are building an ElCamino. They keep calling this thing a "truck". To me its not a truck its a CAR. If ya cant put a 4x8 sheet of plywood flat on the floor of the bed,it aint a truck. Besides the car is built on a car frame and not a truck frame. What do you guys think?

It's a car with a cargo bed. It's no more a truck than a sport utility is a car.

According to the General Motors parts catalogue, it's a car, built on a Chevelle chassis.

Most El Caminos are cars

This one is a truck

72elcamino.jpg

The body isn't want determines whether it's a car or truck. The frame does. Therefore, it's a car.

I had one in high school and it was tagged as a truck.... Most truck now days ain't truck to me! :whistle:

Car or truck, I'd drive one of these. ElCo "Redux"....

Man, the G8 ST was going to be so cool. It's off the table now. I was looking forward to that one. Now Pontiac will be lucky to survive this round of head cutting. Stupid economy.

Holden Utes are fantastic. Just one more example of a fascinating vehicle that America will never get to experience. I hate feeling left out.

07vessvute_29_08.jpg

53333_7mg.jpg

1991holdenute_resized.jpg

316973939FTpQJP_fs.jpg

nobody told you, evidently....pontiac has already gotten the axe. 2009 is the last year for pontiac.

Eh, it is...then it isn't...then it is, then two weeks later it isn't.

If it isn't this time it surely will be soon.

Now I know what it's like to own an AMC.

it qualifies as a truck in my book can carry as much stuff an weight as the S-10

The S10 has the same frame more or less,. maybe even a little smaller than the caprice.

It's GM's first attempt at a "Cross-Over"! :poke: I had a 60 model,....and it used the Impala chassis.

Back