Thanks Barret-Jackson

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
IMHO, the Barret-Jackson auto auction is the worst thing to happen to the classic car community. When i watch some sellers on there kicking and screaming cause their 6cyl no option mid 60's mustang ONLY brought 100K, blows me away.  They should be jumping for joy. $100K, sheesh.
I looked at a 56' Ford F-100 the other day. It had normal wear n'tear, the floors were gone and pretty much all that was good was the frame and outer cab(which i need). The guy must be a regular watcher, because he seemed to think that truck was worth $13,500 because it had the custom cab trim option. Uh, i'll pass.

There's no chance of finding a decent price on a muscle car or anything older.  I hear these uber-wealthy old farts on TV talk about cars in the $20K range like it was chump change. I guess they forget that most of us citizens don't have tons of cash sitting in the bank. Why, i mean how... could you buy a mint Hemi car and NEVER drive it? Because these rich schmucks aren't car guys, they're investors.  Gaaa, it irritates me to think about all the performance muscle cars rotting away in a garage somewhere.

A big middle finger goes out to you Barret-Jackson from the working man.

I am glad when I see the high dollar classics sell. It improves my value. I guess it depends which side of the fence you are on.

Althoug mine is not one of the most desireable models it's worth about 5 times what I paid for it 20 years ago.

Camaro_005__Small___2_.jpg

No to threadjack but did you sell your Busa to Coleman Powersports? I saw one on their used bike online store.

I agree that if you have a car already that it is great watching it become a bank account. However, if you are trying to get into the hobby it really s**ks.

Cropped.jpg

It's like anything else GM. The average Joe is priced right out.

Take flying for example.

r8

I guess I need to get this back on the road.

73 Pontiac Grand Am
74 455 punched out to 462
65 Tripower
Muncie 4 spd
Posi rear

Picture1.jpg

I agree with GM... It's even flowed over to the 80's cars. My dream car is a 78-87 El Camino (I know... Low standards), Not exactly the most desired car. I remember finding them for about 3-4000 for a decent condition one back in high school, now they've jumped to almost 10k! Shoot, GM was with me at a dealership looking at a white 82, nothing done to it, a few rust spots, 350 in it... $10,000!!! I asked the dealer why it was so high, he said thats what it's worth. I told him good luck selling it. At that point in time, I was still at my job, and I would've dropped MAYBE $5,000 for it... MAYBE... But 10? Yeah, no... I'll try and talk my step-dad out of my old 78 rust bucket, and I'll fix it up myself.

Back