E-bay china $180 front rotor's

Um, so after all that discussion, we still don't have any proof that the rotors are in any inferior or that they are in fact made by a company practicing unfair labor practices?

Come-on guys, are you really going to stand on your soap box and basically condone an outright ban on an entire countries products because there are bad labor practices in SOME industries there? Who else would you like to target, I bet it would be most of the world by that criteria.

Um, so after all that discussion, we still don't have any proof that the rotors are in any inferior or that they are in fact made by a company practicing unfair labor practices?

Come-on guys, are you really going to stand on your soap box and basically condone an outright ban on an entire countries products because there are bad labor practices in SOME industries there? Who else would you like to target, I bet it would be most of the world by that criteria.

OK, I'll throw another post up here. As I said, if you feel comfortable with it...go for it.
On any given track day I'll go out for 6-7 sessions. The tracks I ride on have very long straightaways. Each session consists of about 5-8 laps, two places on the track I'm coming down from 135-150mph....that math means at least SIXTY times a day I depend on my front rotors to, I guess you could say, save my life. I don't care what anyone else does, but I will only use high end brake parts for my motorcycles (EBC, Galfer, Braking, even OEM, etc.). The stuff sold by the sponsors on this org. For me, and a lot of folks I know, nothing less. There is no soap box at my house, although I do have 3 ladders. Raydog

I'm a bit confused.
American iphones are made China, lot's of Japonese Toyotas and Hondas are made in USA, american cars (witch, by the way, are illegal here in Europe because they don't meet safety and pollution regulations) are made in Mexico, and so on.
Then people refuse to spend 180 dollars in 2 rotors?
Like I said in a previous post, my father is a mechanics engineer and tested the Arashi rotors and the are better than the OEM.

Alexx, you may be absolutely correct about the rotors and even have special knowledge about Arashi products. It's just that, for me, I've never even heard of them and have literally decades of experience with the German, Japanese, Italian and USA stuff. Maybe one issue is that there just isn't a body of history/experience on the 'off brands' or 'start up' brands. There's plenty of motorcycle industry information that I don't know about. Just to further clarify my own values on the subject....I'm 63 years old, have owned dozens of motorcycles, have frequented all the different types of racing for decades and ride track days whenever possible. So what I've seen on other high performance bikes, my own trial and error, I have simply formed opinions on certain aspects of motorcycling.
I'll say this one more time....I know this is a global economy and good stuff comes from all over the world. The internet is full of information about how the PRC cuts corners on their products to maximize profits and what big polluters they are. I'm not going to "try and prove it" by posting a bunch of links, someone above posted that they "did hours of research" and couldn't find anything, geeeze, in 5 minutes on Google I found volumes of information on metallurgy, quality control practices, profit motives...on and on.
If you are confident about a product, then use it and enjoy it.
Since I'm angry at the very wealthy corporations, insurance company CEOs, banks and Wall Street AND ***** politicians in my own country for selling off the middle class of my Country, I am very biased and conscious about where stuff I use is produced. I know most don't care but it's my thing.
Happy motorcycling, BTW, Portugal is one of the world's best kept secrets on beautiful locations! Raydog

Last edited:
Alexx, you may be absolutely correct about the rotors and even have special knowledge about Arashi products. It's just that, for me, I've never even heard of them and have literally decades of experience with the German, Italian and USA stuff. Maybe one issue is that there just isn't a body of history/experience on the 'off brands' or 'start up' brands. There's plenty of motorcycle industry information that I don't know about. Just to further clarify my own values on the subject....I'm 63 years old, have owned dozens of motorcycles, have frequented all the different types of racing for decades and ride track days whenever possible. So what I've seen on other high performance bikes, my own trial and error, I have simply formed opinions on certain aspects of motorcycling.
I'll say this one more time....I know this is a global economy and good stuff comes from all over the world. The internet is full of information about how the PRC cuts corners on their products to maximize profits and what big polluters they are. I'm not going to "try and prove it" by posting a bunch of links, someone above posted that they "did hours of research" and couldn't find anything, geeeze, in 5 minutes on Google I found volumes of information on metallurgy, quality control practices, profit motives...on and on.
If you are confident about a product, then use it and enjoy it.
Since I'm angry at the very wealthy corporations, insurance company CEOs, banks and Wall Street AND ***** politicians in my own country for selling off the middle class of my Country, I am very biased and conscious about where stuff I use is produced. I know most don't care but it's my thing.
Happy motorcycling, BTW, Portugal is one of the world's best kept secrets on beautiful locations! Raydog

So even if they are as good as any competition since you have never heard of them you will pay tons more for something else... ???

OK, I'll throw another post up here. As I said, if you feel comfortable with it...go for it.
On any given track day I'll go out for 6-7 sessions. The tracks I ride on have very long straightaways. Each session consists of about 5-8 laps, two places on the track I'm coming down from 135-150mph....that math means at least SIXTY times a day I depend on my front rotors to, I guess you could say, save my life. I don't care what anyone else does, but I will only use high end brake parts for my motorcycles (EBC, Galfer, Braking, even OEM, etc.). The stuff sold by the sponsors on this org. For me, and a lot of folks I know, nothing less. There is no soap box at my house, although I do have 3 ladders. Raydog

Sorry to keep riding this, and this is a free country, you can use whatever equipment you want on your bike, but at this point the only person who had brought anything to the table as far as facts are concerned is alexx who's input would indicate that the rotors at least are made from structurally sound materials. You are taking the same approach as I have seen many times on this board (and others) that if it costs more it must be better. I'm not saying that Galfer & EBC products are worse or better in any way, I'm just tired of heresay and unsubstantiated opinions, I'm interested in facts.

If you want to buy "Non Chinese" products because you have a problem with Chinese labor practices, by all means, I totally get that, but don't label some hard working guys product with unsubstantiated claims. If you had started producing a new product for the motorcycle industry, then I'm sure you would want your product treated fairly too.

Sorry to keep riding this, and this is a free country, you can use whatever equipment you want on your bike, but at this point the only person who had brought anything to the table as far as facts are concerned is alexx who's input would indicate that the rotors at least are made from structurally sound materials. You are taking the same approach as I have seen many times on this board (and others) that if it costs more it must be better. I'm not saying that Galfer & EBC products are worse or better in any way, I'm just tired of heresay and unsubstantiated opinions, I'm interested in facts.

If you want to buy "Non Chinese" products because you have a problem with Chinese labor practices, by all means, I totally get that, but don't label some hard working guys product with unsubstantiated claims. If you had started producing a new product for the motorcycle industry, then I'm sure you would want your product treated fairly too.

ive read all the post since the first, and only a few have chimed in and brought their experience with the chinese rotors have posted all great experience with the rotors... and everyone that is against the rotors are ignoring that there has been nothing bad said about these rotors just because they are chinese but yet there is almost nothing that is *made* in America... everything here is made somewhere else and assembled here.... sounds just like typical harley riders... and harley is made in asia too

These will be the next set for my Busa, my problem is I cant seem to find a matching rear.

So even if they are as good as any competition since you have never heard of them you will pay tons more for something else... ???

Yes, that's right Russell, instead of $180 for a brand I know nothing about, I paid $400 bucks for Braking Italian rotors 3 years ago and thankfully they have performed flawlessly as anticipated. How illogical and stupid of me.

Yes, that's right Russell, instead of $180 for a brand I know nothing about, I paid $400 bucks for Braking Italian rotors 3 years ago and thankfully they have performed flawlessly as anticipated. How illogical and stupid of me.

It is illogical if the 180 rotors are the exact same thing which they are because they are made of the same materials. But hey if you like wasting money throw some my way :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's not "if it costs more it must be better", its more like, "since there is a giant body of experience on a given product, even though it's more expensive, I'm willing to pay the extra money for it".

I don't know why you don't get that from my posts, I guess I just aren't able to explain it well enough. If you think I'm attacking some "hard working guy's product" then you're reading someone elses posts.

It is illogical if the 180 rotors are the exact same thing which they are because they are made of the same materials. But hey if you like wasting money throw some my way :rofl::rofl::rofl:

A Ferarri and a Yugo are also made of the same materials so they will perform the same? That's the only criteria? And that makes you roll on the floor laughing?

Bye guys, it's been fun. Wanna hear some irony? I'm actually going to the bicycle shop where I work out and upgrade my mountain bike wheels from medium quality (Chinese) to high end (European produced) for added strength and EIGHT OUNCES of weight savings. Seriously, good riding to all of you and enjoy everything you do to your Hayabusas.
Doyle

Bye guys, it's been fun. Wanna hear some irony? I'm actually going to the bicycle shop where I work out and upgrade my mountain bike wheels from medium quality (Chinese) to high end (European produced) for added strength and EIGHT OUNCES of weight savings. Seriously, good riding to all of you and enjoy everything you do to your Hayabusas.
Doyle

Oh so you are basing your opinions on other products. We or at least I am talking about rotors for the hayabusa. I dont care what you use for a mountain bike :laugh:. Ebay rotors and your "super amazing european" ones are exactly the same

Last edited:
I got a pair to the Galfer look alikes off ebay last year. The work just as good as the original i think. I race Maxton at over 200 with them and also drag my knees in the turns on the mountains around here and they always stopped just fine.:thumbsup:

Here ya go, just a couple pages back in this post...

raydog, I totally understand and applaud your point of view.
I my self am 40 years old, I have owned many bikes, done lot's of track-days and even the odd rookie's races with promising results.
This is me going for it at Jerez de la Frontera
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
If there's some thing I've learned, is that when you're racing your mind has to be focused, you can not be wondering if tire pressure is OK, if you have enough fuel, etc. , or... if your rotors are up to the job.
If you don't trust the Chinese rotors, do not buy them. Easy.
Over here it is common to go to track-days abroad (Catalunia, Misano, Brno, Le Mans...) and I just keep seeing more and more people showing up at the track using them and I never saw one failing. Or galfer or brembo or EBC. OEM hayabusa rotors do warp fairly easy though.
My 64 year old dad still rides his Triumph (he knows what's like to be brakeless on a bike!) and after the tests he did to the rotors he gave a thumbs up to his son, so my confidence issue is solved.

As for economics, what can one say??
Maybe we need this wake-up call to get of of our asses and stop saying "we are the best" and start showing why we are the best.

Last edited:
I think the OP has been watching his thread.....and I'm not sure where you got the "buy American" theme. It's way more complex than that....but I'm glad you're entertained.

I feel what your saying. The American people paying more products isn't a solution to the problem that is in this country. Most of these post are off topic to post #1 As is this one

Back