Question about e-bay.

bmbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I've never bought a vehicle off e-bay before, and I am trying to buy a motorcycle out of Florida. The owner has included the shipping in the price, which is cheap, btw, and wants to go through e-bays vehicle purchase protection to protect us both. Does anybody know what is involved and has anybody ever had any experience with the vehicle purchase protection before? I would appreciate any info from some of you guys. Oh, if it matters, I am located in Ohio.

Thanks.

my bud purchased a motorcycle through ebay. pm me your number and i'll have him give you a ring. he's not a member here, he has a suzuki tl100r.

I live in Fla. If I can help out let me know. But to answer your question, I have no experience with Buyer Protection.

wants to go through e-bays vehicle purchase protection to protect us both

Seems if the seller had your bucks before shipping the bike, seller would be plenty safe .

I don't know anything about that Ebay deal there but be carefull .

(TallTom @ Sep. 17 2007,20:25) I live in Fla.  If I can help out let me know.  But to answer your question, I have no experience with Buyer Protection.
Thanks TallTom, I'm not sure exactly where the owner is located in Florida.

Find out where he is located and tell him you have friends all over the state that can and will stop by for a look-see. I travel throughout central Florida and would be happy to stop in with my digital camera and cell phone.
As for eBay's "protection" policies... your better off believing in the tooth fairy. I had an experience with a fraudulent seller over a pair of $35 AlpineStars gloves he never shipped. Took me 2 months of daily harassment to get my $35 thru their "protection" What they don't tell you is that their "protection" only works when the fraudulent seller leaves money in their paypal account. What scammer is gonna do that!?! If your seller won't give you name address city and state, you don't need to deal with him.
One way to make sure you're not bidding on a bunch of internet acquired pics is to ask for a picture of something odd, like a pic of the bike with a glass balanced on the seat.
best of luck to ya...

You better watch yourself!
SHOCKED.gif
Who would sell like that and shipping included
rock.gif
sounds fishy. Tell him you will come down, pick it up, Do biketoberfest, then haul it home after. See what they says. U don't know where in FL it is
rock.gif

rock.gif

I determined this e-bay add is a fraud, here is the <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-GSX-R-2006-suzuki-gsx-r-750-yellow-Black_W0QQitemZ170149974317QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50
029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">link</a>, you guys can determine for yourselves. Notice the page loads with 1 bid and changes to 0 bids, also when you open the page it clicks 6 or more times (with the speakers on) and the auction end time never changes, always read 1 hr. 3 min. I notified e-bay, suspecting fraud, even the price is cheap, $2900.00 and that includes shipping.

Hey give up the ebay #
all_coholic.gif
I promise if its a 63 split window with running fuel inj eng and knock off wheels in the barn 4 cheap i won't buy it from under ya
bowdown.gif
Not a fellow org member
wow.gif

If it sounds too good to be true ... it probably is.

Glad this didn't have a not so friendly ending for you.

Be very careful on ebay. A lot of accounts get hijacked so the seller could be legit with great feedback, but someone hijacked the account and posted an auction.

If it's too good to be true....!

$2900 for busa.. Do you really believe that you can buy it that cheap?
If I posted my 2005 for sale here for $5K it will sell in 1 hour.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 18 2007,14:flamethrowing:) $2900 for busa.. Do you really believe that you can buy it that cheap?
If I posted my 2005 for sale here for $5K it will sell in 1 hour.
Whats your PP addess?

I bought mine through ebay but i sent the guy a message and we talked over the phone several.sevaral times,i arranged pickup and delivery,he overnited the title to me and i deposited the $$ in his bank account...went smooth for me

Back