E-bay china $180 front rotor's

Nice!
Two crucial details when installing new wave rotors:
1. Use new pads or work your pads a little with very fine sandpaper. DO NOT skip this step.
2. Front rotors CAN'T have the wave pattern in sync, that is, the top of the wave of the rotor on one side must be aligned with the low part of the wave on the other side. That minimizes the "pulsating" feeling on the lever and balances the wheel better.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Good stuff here. I guess I know where I will be spending my X-mas $$$$. On ebay. I have to do tire's, radiator, brake pad's too. Happy thanksgiving:beerchug:

Someone wanted facts? Here's a fact....the middle class of our country is tanking because in another part of the world it's OK to have 13 year old boys working CNC machines that produce things to our door 40% less than we(or Western Europe or Japan) can do it. Even if the products performed equally (and there's plenty of evidence to indicate they don't) I believe that there are other reasons to save up and buy USA or Italian or German, etc. Child labor, toxic heavy metals used in production, incredible Chinese industrial pollution, manipulating currency, balance of trade issues......It's way more than "how a part looks/performs on your Hayabusa".
Sometimes waving the Stars and Stripes on Veterans Day is just not enough to help the health of the USA, even the shiny parts we choose to purchase play a part in our great Nation's health.
Raydog

The problem is that a lot of stuff from US companies is made in China anyway.

Regarding the rotors, I would pay 20-30% more for American made, but not 100%+ more.

As to the reasons for a recession, it's a) inherent cyclical property of capitalism; b) the government and unions making it so much worse.

And I am afraid that for most of us "how a part looks/performs on your Hayabusa" is more important than most of the world's problems - simply a human nature.

Same here; I wouldn't mind paying 10%-20% for something European (or American). But 400% more...
I guess that on the other end of the rotor spectrum are these French Rotors.
The price for the full kit (clutch, rear and front master cylinders, levers, lines, callipers and ceramic rotors) is about half the price of a new Hayabusa.
Is it worth it? Is it needed?

The problem is that a lot of stuff from US companies is made in China anyway.

Regarding the rotors, I would pay 20-30% more for American made, but not 100%+ more.

As to the reasons for a recession, it's a) inherent cyclical property of capitalism; b) the government and unions making it so much worse.

And I am afraid that for most of us "how a part looks/performs on your Hayabusa" is more important than most of the world's problems - simply a human nature.

Blaming the government and unions? That is nothing more than superficial talking points. Unions in our Country represent less than 14% of the work force and are not defined by a few low life union bosses of yesteryear...they are defined by auto workers, truck drivers, police and firefighters, teachers, nurses....the very heart of this countries middle class.
The issue I point out can't be dismissed as, "the cyclical property of capitalism". I simply attempt to remind all of us that the rotors discussed in this post begin at the mined iron ore a mile under our Earth's crust and end up as a product we proudly display on our scooters when we ride or show up at a bike night somewhere. We as consumers are connected to the miners (and their safety...hence union protection) that harvested the elements all the way through production to the overdone packaging of the product and ultimately it's application in the world. Most people couldn't care less about those aspects but if we truly care about successive generations (our children and their children) then it all matters. I call attention to the country of production and THEIR METHODS AND VALUES AND HOW IT AFFECTS MANKIND OVERALL.
I waited 8 extra months until I could afford my Italian Braking rotors, and am glad I did. Raydog

P1020623.JPG

I waited 8 extra months until I could afford my Italian Braking rotors, and am glad I did. Raydog

I see where you're coming, but why not getting the Chinese rotors and spend the difference in a nice biking weekend? Wouldn't that be even better for your local economy than buying Italian Rotors?
In my case, I can afford the Galfer or Brembos rotors, I simply don't see the point of paying 4 (four!) times as much for exactly the same thing.

I

I see where you're coming, but why not getting the Chinese rotors and spend the difference in a nice biking weekend? Wouldn't that be even better for your local economy than buying Italian Rotors?
In my case, I can afford the Galfer or Brembos rotors, I simply don't see the point of paying 4 (four!) times as much for exactly the same thing.

I

No, that sounds reasonable to me, IF you are really secure in the long term reliability/safety of the product and IF you look at the whole global picture re: who and how it's produced and are satisfied....then it's your right to buy and use any darn thing you want!
I guess I'm just trying to speak to a higher consciousness about being a consumer. For example, there's a "motorcycle shop" near me that has a lot of bikes and quads out on display. I recently stopped and checked it out....all their stuff comes from China (200cc quad for $1400 bucks) and...,.my gawd....what a bunch of junk! Sometimes the initial low cost for that stuff is far overshadowed by repair costs and lack of longevity. When that risk is coupled by China's polluting ways, I'm just really trying to not "go there". I hope that makes what I said clearer. Happy Thanksgiving! Raydog

Raydog, where's your evidence to back up the "and there's plenty of evidence to indicate they don't (perform equally)" statement? I was one of the first on this board to give the HK rotors a try and I spent hours & hours searching for that kind of info before I made my purchase. I found many unsubstantiated opinions, but no hard proof. Exactly the same thing is true of the knock off pazzos.

Also, in all of this, everybody is ASSUMING these rotors are made in some sweat shop in China, is it so hard to believe that somebody could be running a legitimate business with decent working conditions over there ?

I hope the original poster has not seen where this thread went to, so sad :down: People riding Jap bikes telling people to buy American :laugh: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Ironic.....this is Hayabusa.org......

we should buy a set of $500.00 rotors that are made in the USA, but its OK to give $12,000.00 to a Japanese based company to purchase our beloved.

talk about being a hypocrit.....

PS: as for the global economic effect of not buying in the USA. Let me say this, when American based companies start building things that can compete with those from other countries I will be first inline.

however, some time ago American co.'s decided it would be OK to simply repackage the same worthless crap year after year. That is why HD is joke, and why they sell a lifestyle instead of a modern motorcycle. I work hard or my money, and will buy what I want. As much as i love my mustang, it will get destroyed by a Nissan z, while getting getting better gas milage and giving a better ride....yeah USA.

Raydog, where's your evidence to back up the "and there's plenty of evidence to indicate they don't (perform equally)" statement? I was one of the first on this board to give the HK rotors a try and I spent hours & hours searching for that kind of info before I made my purchase. I found many unsubstantiated opinions, but no hard proof. Exactly the same thing is true of the knock off pazzos.

Also, in all of this, everybody is ASSUMING these rotors are made in some sweat shop in China, is it so hard to believe that somebody could be running a legitimate business with decent working conditions over there ?

Very fair question, without writing a book about fair trade and production, here's what I can through out in this post.....Google any combination of "inferior Chinese products" and you can read volumes of both personal experiences and company level experiences about this issue.
As to brake rotors, the general rules are: 1)quality of metals 2)how many moving parts 3)production specs of product AND 4)oversight done by the investor/company that is ultimately putting their label on and bringing it to market (you know, like the Consumer Protection Agency and regulations try to do in our Country...so things like climbing carabiners don't snap in half when on a rock face).
I simply DON'T KNOW what the quality/trustworthiness of a PRC rotor is! That's all, they may be fine and it's the buyers business and right to buy and use them.
That doesn't mean that I (or anyone else) do not have a right to voice concerns on this thread.
AND dear Afterhours, am I a hypocrite? My garage is full of parts from all over the world and Harleys aren't even in my top ten favorite brands. If one is so superficial as to think "buy American" is the cornerstone of this issue, then you're missing the point entirely AND suddenly changing the quality of this thread by namecalling.
Japanese products in the 21st century are in another world of quality compared to PRC products.

Since rotors are without moving parts, if production specs were complied
with, and in the absence of catastrophic failure reports, I see no reason to not fly with em (except if they're being made in the absolute absence of legitimate labor laws bothers you morally).

Doyle the hypocrite

Last edited:
Doyle, my hats' off to ya. You're one of the few people outside of the rust belt that actually "gets it". A nation without manufacturing is a nation without a middle class. Free trade is not fair trade! It's a race to the bottom and guess what, we're winning. Corporate greed, union greed, individual greed....there's more than enough blame to go around.

Doyle, my hats' off to ya. You're one of the few people outside of the rust belt that actually "gets it". A nation without manufacturing is a nation without a middle class. Free trade is not fair trade! It's a race to the bottom and guess what, we're winning. Corporate greed, union greed, individual greed....there's more than enough blame to go around.

Jefro, me and a lot of my West Coastie friends long for the resurgence of the great middle class of Michigan and surrounding states. I still believe our middle class is a "sleeping giant" that will reemerge on the world stage with quality over quantity. People are begging to jump back into the industrial world. Exploiting the worker isn't just about long, unprotected working conditions.....it's also about maximizing profit even if it means creating blight and poverty in your own Country. I don't care if a company's name is GM or Toyota in the USA, I just want the CEO's to stop "middle class busting" with their profit greed. There is a big difference between capitalism and corporatism....I pray more of us get that soon and stop sabotaging our own well being. Doyle

I hope the original poster has not seen where this thread went to, so sad :down: People riding Jap bikes telling people to buy American :laugh: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

I think the OP has been watching his thread.....and I'm not sure where you got the "buy American" theme. It's way more complex than that....but I'm glad you're entertained.

I guess I should think about it better when I choose to pull the trigger on the jap built busa next time, it might be an ill made product. I was just trying to get an opinion on the rotor's if anyone has used them. I'ts tough to keep 3 bike's going even if two of them are dirt bike's. After reading this I'am glad my KTM's are made in austria. LOL Nobody could tell me that there's nothing in there home that's not from china. Maybe we should be wearing helmet's when using the coffee pot.:laugh: I'am not worried about where this thread wen't, it's funny.

Last edited:
Very fair question, without writing a book about fair trade and production, here's what I can through out in this post.....Google any combination of "inferior Chinese products" and you can read volumes of both personal experiences and company level experiences about this issue.
As to brake rotors, the general rules are: 1)quality of metals 2)how many moving parts 3)production specs of product AND 4)oversight done by the investor/company that is ultimately putting their label on and bringing it to market (you know, like the Consumer Protection Agency and regulations try to do in our Country...so things like climbing carabiners don't snap in half when on a rock face).
I simply DON'T KNOW what the quality/trustworthiness of a PRC rotor is! That's all, they may be fine and it's the buyers business and right to buy and use them.
That doesn't mean that I (or anyone else) do not have a right to voice concerns on this thread.
AND dear Afterhours, am I a hypocrite? My garage is full of parts from all over the world and Harleys aren't even in my top ten favorite brands. If one is so superficial as to think "buy American" is the cornerstone of this issue, then you're missing the point entirely AND suddenly changing the quality of this thread by namecalling.
Japanese products in the 21st century are in another world of quality compared to PRC products.

Since rotors are without moving parts, if production specs were complied
with, and in the absence of catastrophic failure reports, I see no reason to not fly with em (except if they're being made in the absolute absence of legitimate labor laws bothers you morally).

Doyle the hypocrite

you turned it into a " buy American" discussion....

"Sometimes waving the Stars and Stripes on Veterans Day is just not enough to help the health of the USA, even the shiny parts we choose to purchase play a part in our great Nation's health."Raydog

Just wait till the Chinese get their cars over here for 10 grand. They will sell, it will be like a bic lighter, use it till its junk, throw it away and buy another. And they WILL sell...

you turned it into a " buy American" discussion....

"Sometimes waving the Stars and Stripes on Veterans Day is just not enough to help the health of the USA, even the shiny parts we choose to purchase play a part in our great Nation's health."Raydog

Yeah and I also emphasized Western Europe and Japan as part of the world that have protection for the labor force AND high standards of production...as contrasted to the PRC. But that's expected, extracting only things I said that support YOUR position and serve to illustrate how silly and wrong I am on this subject. I'm not changing anybodys mind here, but I tried to offer a well substantiated opinion and an alternative viewpoint. It's not just about Hayabusa aftermarket, it's about us a a nation of consumers. One thing for sure, as long as we stay on the clever one liner level of communication at the expense of substance, there ain't much hope.
Now I'm gonna go watch a football game. Raydog

I guess I should think about it better when I choose to pull the trigger on the jap built busa next time, it might be an ill made product. I was just trying to get an opinion on the rotor's if anyone has used them. I'ts tough to keep 3 bike's going even if two of them are dirt bike's. After reading this I'am glad my KTM's are made in austria. LOL Nobody could tell me that there's nothing in there home that's not from china. Maybe we should be wearing helmet's when using the coffee pot.:laugh: I'am not worried about where this thread wen't, it's funny.

Mike, did you notice that I said Japan is included in the nations that have high production standards? Anyways, I'm sorry for the part I played IF you didn't get your question answered. BTW, you should be glad about your KTM's nation of origin....Austria is known for employee participation in design, production and working conditions. They are a great and honorable country and their products show it. Raydog

Back