front rotor questions

karnage

Registered
I am looking to get new rotors before I mount my new front wheel and tire and was wondering since I cant pay what they want for chrome rotors and no one makes some with blue centers, what will it take to either polish the centers or take them out and have them powder coated the color I want.Can I get new rotor buttons??Are they reusable??

Buttons on most Oem rotors are not re usable!

However EBC used to make PRO LITE Rotors witch were blue!

Pashnit can get you what you want.:thumbsup:

You said something about blue?

The '00 I sent out to be painted. They did the mirrors and dash panels at the same time. Through the years, the blue rotors were one of my all-time favorite appearance mods. Nothing fancy, they taped them and painted them. Forget how much I paid, but a local paint shop could likely do this.

Img_0228.jpg

Img_0256.jpg

The new '08, I got a bit more involved with a set of Galfer Wave rotors and sent them out locally to someone who specializes in anodizing rotors. They disassemble the rotors, rivets get cut off. They anodize the carrier, then anodize the buttons is a separate gold color. Then rotors get re-assembled with brand new gold (or your color) rivets. I originally wanted blue on blue, but got blue on gold- it works! Getting this done ran me $150. Engraving was extra, I've never seen engraved rotors so it was worth it.

Dsc09950_800_2.jpg

Dsc09950_800_2.jpg

Img_0228.jpg

Img_0256.jpg

I love the blue and thats what I want.I will have them powdercoated, just didnt know how they could do it without removing the buttons.

polishing does look good but blue will go real nice.I plan on chrome calipers so blue rotors would set it off nicely.

Back