Single front rotor

thduke1

Registered
I know there are already threads about single front rotor bikes but none of them that I have found has answered my question. I bought some chrome rims from a friend and the front wheel only has the left rotor. My problem is, I don't think my brake line is long enough. Do I need to buy a longer line? Or is there some kind of trick to this? As always, thanks for the help.

Simple solution would be to remove the rotor and install it on the right side.

Yea.... That was my first thought but, I would like to have the left side open when my bike is on the kickstand with the wheel turned to the left.

Simple solution would be to remove the rotor and install it on the right side.

+1

Guess you could always put your kickstand on the other side~!~ :laugh:

Better watch that short line until you get it corrected on way or another...

Correct me here if I'm wrong but doesn't the line come down to the right side caliper then a short line jumps over the fender to the left rotor? My thinking is he should be able to do away with the short line and use the one coming down for the left side.

Most aftermarket front brake kits have 2 brake lines. Just buy a new kit and use the left line.

Putting another rotor one was not one of the options, I actually thought About moving the kickstand :laugh:, the long one that comes straight down is still too short, and I am not riding it right now because my plastics are getting painted. So I am going to do everything I can while it is down.

The long line that connects to the one that crosses over will reach. You may need to re route it but it will fit. Done it several times for other people

To be honest, I don't remember. lol

Just disconnect it and connect it to the LH caliper and then see what needs to happen. It has been years since I did it

I already did... I don't have my fender right now so I can't see exactly how it needs to be ran. To an "untrained" eye, it looks like it is gonna be stretched over the top of the fender. I think I am just going to go ahead and order some stainless ones while the bike is down.

good idea, put one stainless line with one rotor and "to Me" really cant tell much difference from stock lines and 2 rotors. I aint exactly tryin to set any new records either though.

Lol... Me neither. Different strokes for different folks ya know? I pay good money for my chrome and I am gonna show it off. I appreciate people posting comments about safety reasons, but when it comes to looks, just let me be.

wouldnt you want all the stoping power you could get if your motorcycle is capable of speeds around 200mph. ??? yeah one rotor may look cool but id prefer to be able to stop when i needed to more than i would want it to look cool sitting in a parking lot. just my 2 cents :poke:

My problem is, I don't think my brake line is long enough. Do I need to buy a longer line? Or is there some kind of trick to this?

To keep the answer simple. Yes. The left side is longer than a right with an aftermarket 2-line brake line kit.

You would have a single off the master, going to the left side caliper, that is specific to the left side. We just sent one out like this a few days ago.

Part number is an:
FK003D223-1 for 99-07
FK003D623-1 for 08+
Cost you $50 for the line. We'll pay for your shipping (Free) plus line color upgrades are also free.

Platinum lines (you have lots of chrome) are a couple dollars more for the platinum upgrade. (the platinum lines are really cool looking!!)

PM me if you need one. :)

Back