Shinko 003 Stealth and Galfer wave rotor questions!

rekeene

Registered
I'm looking at buying the Shinko 003 stealth tire and it says that it has a soft compound and I was wondering if anyone else is using this set up 200 rear tire and standard front of this model and give me your opinion on the tire. I noticed that they sell some other models as well but it seem like the lower the number the softer the compound of the rubber...Also the galfer wave rotors, I have also been looking at these and about to purchase them tomorrow off ebay, are they worth it and do they do anything for performance?!? I like the look of them compared to the stock rotors but that was the main reason for me purchasing them. Just wondering if they have any performance enhancements that are noticable...Thanks again guys and girls! Don't know what I would do without you guys! :bowdown:

there is a board member that is selling a set of the rotors for a good price (new)
I like OEM myself but I sure like the why they look

I uses the 003 Ultra soft tire on my bike but I switched from my 200series down to a 180, to get more of a contact patch on the ground. I have a 200 series Shinko that I use for long cruises and what not, but for the drag setup the 180 puts more rubber on the ground, and weighs 1 pound or so less.
As far as the tire though it is definetly nice, and they last as long as you would expect a 125 dollar tire to last! No idea on the front as I run a 016 up there, you know in case I need to turn:rofl:

Arnie3600 is the board memeber I can vouch for him

Thanks Johnny! I already bought them last night from ebay and I ended up spending $30 more for them but he definitely has them at a hell of a price! He just sent me a message and it was a little late...Thanks though and I will post up pics of the mods when done! :thumbsup:

I run a 190 stealth and it barely clears the chain. I have close to 2000 miles on it and 150 or so track passes on it. Still plenty of meat as it gets super sticky when heated up but has the wear manners of a normal tire while cruising. If you ride a lot, plan on a new back tire once a year.
It sheds 0 water so if you get caught in the rain just be careful.

Back