E-bay china $180 front rotor's

So I've read through this thread with some interest, but once again almost everybody is only contributing hearsay, I don't see much hard fact. If you know for a fact that these rotors are a problem bring us some useful info.

If you extended the concept of spending more money not to plough into the back of someone, then you all should be running Ohlins shocks, Brembo calipers, stainless lines, pazzo levers etc. but I bet you're not, isn't your life worth spending $175 on Pazzo levers in case the OEM ones break of when you next use them ????

I understand where the author of this thread is coming from. I wouldn't want to compromise my safely either, but I don't want to waste my hard earned cash on supposition.

i just generally stay away from anyones ebay business, every time ive bought from ebay ive been somewhat disatisfied in one way or another.

id rather give my money to a board sponsor, that helps give us a good forum, contributes, has pictures of his products installed and isn't from hong kong, just me. maybe what they sell came from hong kong but any money i can throw into a us based business pocket helps.

i see what your saying about, we need the best of everything, but its not really valid. all he needs is something as good as oem or better. thats all. if he wants to take a chance to buy somthing thats dirt cheap thats really on him. but everything comes at a price. i wouldnt want the price to be poor quality and have to replace them to soon, or have a failure. they may be better than galfers, but theres usually a reason one thing is way more expensive than the other.

we take a chance with anything we buy these day, look at all the manufacturer recalls, but the manufacturer agrees to fix them. i dunno how the customer service is for this company. maybe its great, maybe its horrible. its all a crapshoot, just a game i dont like to play is all.

after posting a similar thread I went ahead and saved the money and got mine from pashnitbusa.com. He will be chiming in soon to help you out. He has great prices and will work with you to find something close to your price range.

...which brings up a good point that you should buy the best you can afford when it comes to braking mods. If you're budget is $300 then the new Bremzen/Yana Shiki rotors might be a great option with a fresh look. (yes, those are floating)

If ~$400 is more in your range, then EBC XC Contour rotors is a great option.

If you want top of the line, then Galfer is 64 years in the business refining their product. Just a few days ago, we sent a set of SuperBike Rotors out - +$800 for the front set.

If you want a more stylish custom looking rotor, then Moto-Master Flame rotors are up in the Galfer range. And RIS Designs makes 4 versions of the same rotor with different shaped custom carriers. There are more, but you get the idea. :thumbsup:

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

I have only tried the Galfers on mine and certainly can't fault them. I know of 4 other busa riders that have gone down the cheap wavey rotor route and not enjoyed them at all. They have all ended up buying Galfers or their British counterpart whos name I can't remember at the moment.

It's easy to say go for the Galfers but if you can't afford them then I'd get a set of standard secondhand rotors and start saving up for the Galfers, I'm as tight as a sharks backside sometimes but they are well worth the money.

Well it make's sense. I don't mind spending $ on anything but How much do rotor's have to cost. I don't care if there round or wave rotor's, as long as they work. The used set I got may have not been in the best shape to begin with. Stopping from speed going to get off an exit ramp shouldn't put a hurting on rotor's of any kind if you ask me. Thank's for your input, good or bad.

Last edited:
Well just to update the thread, I've done quite a bit of riding on my Chinese rotors, cheaper HH pads and shinko raven tires. So far they have worked perfectly, as I have reported in another thread, the only thing I notice is that I can feel the 'waves' in the last few feet of hard braking, otherwise everything works great!

Next I'm thinking of trying the cheap levers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Well just to update the thread, I've done quite a bit of riding on my Chinese rotors, cheaper HH pads and shinko raven tires. So far they have worked perfectly, as I have reported in another thread, the only thing I notice is that I can feel the 'waves' in the last few feet of hard braking, otherwise everything works great!

Next I'm thinking of trying the cheap levers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats good to hear:thumbsup:

My father works in a company that performs tests to weldings and metal fatigue in big structures (bridges, railways...) here in Portugal and Spain.
I ordered one of this Chinese rotors and gave it to him for him to test.
I posted the results on the Portuguese Hayabusa Forum
Forum Hayabusa Portugal :: Verificar tpico - Discos em flor opces e preos.

Ok, it is written in Portuguese but I'll can sum it up by saying that the "Arashi" rotor passed every single test. After heating, cooling, twisting, pressing and chemical abuse all came out fine.
One test that is particularly interesting is rotating the rotor in a machine that reads changes in a magnetic field crossed by the rotor thus enabling to "see" into the rotor to check the uniformity of the metal alloy.
By the way, the metal the rotor is made of it's called Martensitic Steel (AISI 420), just like the Galfers, Braking, EBC, etc. .
I've surfed the web and found everything: warped Arashi rotors, warped OEM rotors, warped Galfers, cracked Brembos, you name it. I guess these Arashi rotors are as good (or as bad...) as the others.

On a final note, I just wanted to say that you rarely get "what you pay for". Life does not work like that at all. Sure, the rule of thumb is that the more expensive something is, the better.
But for this type of simple, mass produced items, the final price little has to do with production costs. It has more to do with desire of ownership and pose value. It doesn't matter if a rotor- any brand -costs $1 do make if people are willing to pay $1000 for it.
I'm sure that if I erased the Galfer letters from a rotor set and engraved Chinese rotors with the Brembo logo and gave them to some one in this forum do drive-test them in his bike he would rave about the "Brembos" and trash the "Chinese".

Will post soon the riding experience (just installed the front ones, wheel has to be calibrated, so I synced it with tire change).

Sorry for the rough English.

Last edited:
Wheee! That's great! Thanks for the info.
I'm still loving mine, plan to get more for another bike. Plus Shinko tires and knock off pazzos!
Posted via Mobile Device

On a final note, I just wanted to say that you rarely get "what you pay for". Life does not work like that at all.

Only thing i have found that you get what you pay for is in audio equipment.

Bose, Rockford Fosgate are definitely worth the extra $$$$$$ i pay for them.:thumbsup:

I had a set on my GSX-R 600 and they performed just fine under occassional heavy braking.

Well I have a season about 8k miles on my arashi rotors, This is on a 275hp turbo busa. Still look great and stop like no other!!!!!

OK, here is my firsthand experience. I wanted to wait a little longer till I've been riding on these for a few months.

I purchased these front wave rotors from the seller racingboy1982 a short time ago for $205 shipped from China. Prior to the purchase I read reviews on hundred of rotors he sold, without a single complaint. So, I caved in as I can't justify spending half a grand on a set of rotors.

First of all, I received my rotors in 5 days! That's from China. Second of all, I had a few questions, and they communicated quickly.

The craftsmanship looks solid, and I rode a few times, and they are bedding in nicely. A bit of pulsating during the bed in process is normal.

I specifically checked for cracks, loseness, etc. and so far so good.

so once again......countless posts by people that have never used these rotors in question.

glad some people that have actually used them, finally came on to give some real info. I rode a trackday on gsxr 750 that had an ebay set of rotors....Braking feel and performance was typical GSXR.

I didn't have access to the pictures of mine, so here they are. Don't have pictures on the bike, buy it's no different from pictures others posted.

100_3660.jpg

100_3661.jpg

100_3662.jpg

Back