Dude wants to race me on his ninja 600

My Problem with this thread is why are you racing on the streets? Were the streets designed as a raceway? NO! Were the streets ever declared a raceway? NO! Then why do some of you people insist on making them raceways, you just make life harder for those of us that just enjoy riding. If you feel you must prove something to someone then go do it on the track if you can't launch it then shut up and let the lil man talk.
Just my .02
Jay

My Problem with this thread is why are you racing on the streets? Were the streets designed as a raceway? NO! Were the streets ever declared a raceway? NO! Then why do some of you people insist on making them raceways, you just make life harder for those of us that just enjoy riding. If you feel you must prove something to someone then go do it on the track if you can't launch it then shut up and let the lil man talk.
Just my .02
Jay
If the streets aren't raceways why would you ride a bike like the busa on them ? The track is the best place to race but stop light to stop light is can be fun . If all you plan on doing on the street is cruzing you'd ride a harley . I notice you say something about Hemi's on your post . I take it you like to drive fast cars too !? But why would you need that unless you like to use that power ? Or is it just for posing?

Just my .02
Jay
If the streets aren't raceways why would you ride a bike like the busa on them ? The track is the best place to race but stop light to stop light is can be fun . If all you plan on doing on the street is cruzing you'd ride a harley . I notice you say something about Hemi's on your post . I take it you like to drive fast cars too !? But why would you need that unless you  like to use that power ? Or is it just for posing?
Did I ever say I didn't race on the track? I don't believe I did and before you wanna call someone a "poser" maybe you ought to get to know them a lil better. I enjoy my busa and my other rides on the street and the track the point of my post was if you can't do it on the track then shut up. Maybe that will clarify any problems you had with my other post.
Jay

I dont see anything wrong with finding a secluded road and going balls out racing. This guy is a track veteran from what I am guessing, he wants to go to a track I said no, he wants to line up I want a roll on. I am trying to race heads up without giving him an overwhelming advantace of the launch, I know I would loose that. I have been up to 165 on mybike and have logged 4200 miles on it since aug. I ride fast, Half of my friends end up meeting me places cause they dont want to fly arround as fast as I do, this is fine! every rider has what they enjoy doing. My best friend is single and wants to ride arroun doing 20 mph to pull girls, I want to ride arround doing 120 in45 mph zones cause i love the rush. If i didnt why in the hell would i own this bad biooootch? I didnt mean for tempers to fly, all I wanted was what I thought was a simple question asked since this would be my first "real race" meaning with someone I dont know and who didnt just pull up to the light beside me and start revving it . I also had never heard of a 636 ninja and was wondering what the deal was. I think you all have more than answered my ? thank you. I never imagined I would get this many replies. And for the negative comments: I dont consider myself a rookie anymore. I have been coming here since 2 months before I bought my bike (was going with the interceptor or triumph remember
smile.gif
) I do consider myself a rookie to street racing, and wish I would have been treated like one. Just because you dont like what I want to do, or the ? I was asking was no reason to come off in a harsh way. Some people should really lighten up and enjoy life a little more. Now I see why the new people are so intimidated to post here, I always thought this was the best board ever and unless you were trolling you could pretty much ask anything and get repectful helpful answers. Just my 2 cents on everything
thanks again everyone
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rongotti
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112452971 -->

Exactly what I'm saying , I just don't like people talking smack . And dude I didn't call you a poser, I asked a question, and I never said anything about "do you ride the track".  Maybe I feel like going to the track to race someone everytime, but you got the nuts to say "if you people don't do it on the track then shutup" . Just clarifing myself . Can't we all just get along:D . and as long as we find a good spot , race where we want . People have been racing on the street as long as there has been roads. Just my 2 cents.

That last post was for JCinTX .Anyway just race the guy if YOU want to , and let us know what happens.

Back