Dude wants to race me on his ninja 600

Well said... Besides losing, another thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that someone new to racing is probably going to be NERVOUS as HELL the first few real races even if they've practiced and got pretty comfortable with their abilities. That nervousness means more chance for mistakes. Those mistakes could cost a newbie a race... or his life... especially in street racing.

Even though I've done it MANY times... caving in and accepting a street racing challenge is just stupid. The stakes are just too high.
wink.gif

My coworker came to me the other day and said this guy who works at a kawasaki dealer said he can "beat any busa" he said he has a 636 cc bike, when i googled it came back a hit for a ninja 600. Now I have no fear of a nija 600 whatsoever, but it makes me think his bike has to have some juice or something. I am not skilled at launching off the line and am trying to figure out what stipulations I need to race him with, ie roll on? if he does have juice shoudl i still accept? Everyone I work with holds my bike on a pedestal and I would hate to loose that image
Watch my lips and repeat. "Twist the throttle"
race.gif

just for what it's worth.. i have ran a very good racer on a drag strip on a R6..

he nailed the start,, i flugged it up spinning off the line.. he got a pretty decent gap.. but still caught, passed and pulled a tenth on him before it was over.

I've seen his slips.. on a R1 he pulls 9.9's

puts the 6 in the 10.7s/10.8s every pass.

had the pipe and junk, but mostly stock.

i'm basically a newb @drag racing, and my bike is mostly stock also.. just a micron pipe and dats it for performance junk.

Unless you just flat out kill it off the line your gonna win even in a 1/4.

assuming it's a stock bike... but were I riding a 600 that I thought would keep up a liter/12/13 I'd just keep my mouth shut about the mods till after the race. Then if I got beat I'd show and tell.. but if I beat you.. naaa.. it's jsut an ole' stocker.

Just reading this thread makes me all jittery inside. I know *I* won't be racing anyone any time soon.

--Wag--

Any one can be beat on any day on any bike at any given time . But if you want to drive a dragster you should show up on drag day.

Any one can be beat on any day on any bike at any given time . But if you want to drive a dragster you should show up on drag day.
yep time slips don't lie if your fast yer fast..

if you slow.. well.. hehe do like me, put it on the office wall and the peeps that don't know what your bike will do with a GOOD rider on it still think it's fast.

or better yet when they look at at and say things like
"Whoa! what are running to get those numbers???"

"Ahh.. the new Cobalt SS are pretty quick,, want me to show you one? They've got some nice rebates right now too!"

hehe,, a 4 cy. stock chevy pulling low 10's would be a site to behold!

Well, I think what needs to be said has been said.

YOU OWN A BUSA....FEAR NOTHING!
wow.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Heheh....just funnin witcha, my bro.
cool.gif

I think what you really need to do is analyze your skills and your comfort zones...remember: racing is also about pushin your limits. If it's not the limits of you pysche, then it's the limit of either your skill or your machine. BT mentioned it, NJ and mokaw. LIke they also say....if you're unsure as to what can really happen, then maybe it'll be wise to just sit back and relax...let the clown talk his shid.

Remember: it's when you're NOT ready to push those limits that things get fugged up...either the bike or you or both. Like BT said, if you're not ready, it could cost you many things...and you may just not be able to walk away from it. Think about it first....'cause even if you are ready, things could happen. There's almost always a chance to ride again tomorrow.

Trust me on this one....I've been there, done that. Wasn't ready for a particular situation...and although I can do a pretty mean bench race, I wasn't prepared for it in the real world. I froze up...paniced....and paid the price. The Good Lord above blessed me with a second chance at life...He determined that it was not yet my time.

If you're not ready, don't do it. Fugg the image and pedestal shid....ride within your limits. If you're gonna do it, then do it with confidence AND experience. If you don't have the experience, then it's time to decide what is most important to you:

Living your life according to other people's expectations

OR

Living your life as YOUR own.

wow.gif

It all boils down to this... If you have to ask how to beat a 600 on a busa, you don't need to race the 600 unless you are totally willing to live with being beat by it. The guy on the 600 has nothing to lose. If he loses to a 1300 cc busa it doesn't even matter if he's modded. He's ridin' half the bike you are. No shame in it for him. On the other hand, if you lose, you look like a total loser/poser to everyone who sees or hears about the race. You're on a big bad busa and you can't beat a 600...
biggrin.gif

BT, That says it all.. LET IT GO..
wink.gif

"It all boils down to this... If you have to ask how to beat a 600 on a busa, you don't need to race the 600 "
I never once asked how to beat a 600!!!, what I asked was how do I ensure my victory if the guy is fully modded. I will smoke any 600 no problem, but I dont have much experience with modded bikes. This is all I ask, how much is too much? what is the point where I should say damn this guy has too much time or money into this bike for me to race him stock

I raced a few other busas 2 weekends ago....Im what I say more of a drag person from a stand still....ran drags strips for years...but we did a roll...and when we cracked it we was busting 170 in half miles...the dude dont have a chance....:cool:

ever hear of someone stickin a 1000 cc motor in a 600 ? i was dropping off a snow plow at a welding shop , the welder said it was a project for somebody ? could it look bone stock when it was finished ? how fast would it be ? i asked the welder whats the guy gonna do with that ? he said probably kill him self ! might make a good sleeper ?

Just remember to turn the throttle WFO

Point and shoot, you'll be alright
biggrin.gif

The Busa is a fab fast missile if rode by a good pilot.
I suggest he gets an experienced rider to ride his Busa in the race with the 636.
Apart from that,he (inexperienced) could win if its a race on a good straight road,BUT NOT the twisties.
I live in the land of REALROADRACING (IRELAND)
so I should know.
The smaller bike can run rings around the Busa on the twisties,and can brake quicker.
The Busa needs a rider who has the experience of riding. or the rider will meet his maker a lot sooner.

Back