Dude wants to race me on his ninja 600

Rongotti

Registered
My coworker came to me the other day and said this guy who works at a kawasaki dealer said he can "beat any busa" he said he has a 636 cc bike, when i googled it came back a hit for a ninja 600. Now I have no fear of a nija 600 whatsoever, but it makes me think his bike has to have some juice or something. I am not skilled at launching off the line and am trying to figure out what stipulations I need to race him with, ie roll on? if he does have juice shoudl i still accept? Everyone I work with holds my bike on a pedestal and I would hate to loose that image

I don't know much about racing, but you might want to consider some things such as you are, like: has he done any performance mods, mods considered does he plan to you race you through twisties/hair pins, etc., does he have alot of race experience in general? ..sounds like you are approaching this right. Good luck Ron.
smile.gif

There is a 636 Ninja....it's the hotrod of the 600 class....use caution.....pro riders are putting 600's in the 9's these days.....

If you're riding a busa, what are you worried about? If you're riding a gsxr 600 you got to worry.

I don't think he can soup that little thing up enough to do you damage. Only things you have to worry about are any of the newer 1Ks.

I surely wont race on turns, if we race it will be on a str8away. But I am trying to figure out would 1/2 mile bennefit me more than racing a 1/4? I am trying to see what advantages I can have and to exploit those to ensure the victory even if he does have NOS. I am thinking like old guy I dont think beside turbo or nos there is much he could do to beat me on the busa. It is an 04 bone stock no tre exahust nothing!!!. I wont launch off the line as I dont feel experieneced enough to do it, but he says he can beat ANY busa so that has me wondering lol

Stock 600's won't run 9's....they do run low to mid 10's....with the right mods and a good rider, they can beat a stock Busa. The riders are the most important part of this race....

If 1/4 mile race, most of it will be on the rider. But after 140mph or so, the busa will definately walk away. For a 100% win, go for high speed roll-ons. But if its from a stop, watch out if your not skilled at dragg'in.

Your best bet would be a roll on....he might hang with you till the 130-150 range. Pick a gear so your RPM will be 5500-6000 and when you hit it....hit it with everything you got....shift at 10500-11000, but don't hit the rev limiter....it will slow you down and you might blow the next shift. Your going to have to plan on doing 160+ to finish him off....so you'll need plenty of road.

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112224610 -->

Pretty much what the others have said...If your not certain of your skills don't race from a stop...At least a 2nd gear roll on...RPMs about 6k knod and wax his butt...You should pull him from the start if he stays with you at any point he's got some serious mods...If you go thru the gears you should have left him well behind as your approaching a bill fifty...Make it a quick kill...And then post pics of the head...
evil.gif

I ride with two 05' zx6r's almost every weekend. Although fast, they are no match for the busa. Keep in mind, they are bone stock, but I'll intentionally let them get the jump from time to time, and then just run em' down. No match. Both guys are good riders, half my age and 20lbs lighter. Now, my good friend on the zx10...well, let's just say who ever gets the jump wins. Represent (safely) the busa's, baby!! Go get em'......

If you don't have time on the dragstrip don't 1/4 mile him. If he knows how to ride like hell on a stock 636
he could woop you. Take him for some roll ons and woop him.

ok so the opinion seems to be a roll on which I had figured and i am guessing i can top 160 in a half mile correct? if so I will try to set tis up and see how my first officil race goes
smile.gif

Here's my view as an ex street racer... (cars, not bikes, but racin' is racin')... If you have to ask how to race him, you're probably going to get your a$$ handed to you. You wouldn't be the first one to get it handed to you on a busa by a 600. Bike for bike, you're probably holding an advantage, but if you felt the need to come here and ask how to race... well, the FBI would call that a clue.
wink.gif

I'm not knocking you, I'm just shootin' you straight man. If the guy knows his stuff and you don't you're setting yourself up for an embarassment. The fact that you are here asking how to do it tells me that you don't know how to race.

I say save yourself the humiliation and don't race him. Or, listen to the sunshine that others might blow up your rump and go in thinking that just because you're on a busa, you'll be able to take him.
wink.gif
I took money from MANY suckers with faster cars than mine back in the day. I enjoyed every second of it. I'm sure the guy with the 600 would enjoy rubbin' it in your face when he beats you, too...

Let us know how you come out. Better yet, video it.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Why don't you ask the guy in a sarcastic voice what he has done because if it's stock he is on drugs. If it is slammed for drag racing don't race him from a stop since your not good at that.

Like others have stated......a role on from about 70-80mph 2ND GEAR (7-8k RPM's) and he has no hope. If he wants to go at a lower speed (40-50mph) you will need to drop it into 1ST GEAR but be cautious if you crack it open.

If he's dump enough to race you for a 1/2-mile he is through no matter what. Even the lightly TURBO'd 636's put out about the same HP as a stock Busa so it all depends on you but anything past a 1/4-mile and he better have a jato pack on that thing!
laugh.gif

Just stay calm and make a couple of test passes in the above conditions to get a feel for what your in for.
wink.gif
Let us know how it goes!

hmm, I'd be careful... if you run him, make sure you specify no NOS and definately do a rolling 1/2+mile run. As mentioned have plenty o road cuz you are going to need to run out 160+ in that space
cool.gif

standing starts 1/8 or 1/4, you are most likely going to loose if that dude can race
wow.gif

Back