Dude wants to race me on his ninja 600

Make the race fair for him...take off in 2nd gear and never leave 2nd gear.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Race him or sell the bike and get a harley .
biggrin.gif
Just kidding If he's got mods and he knows how to race you need to get him in a long race and dust him at high speed .

Pinks! -
J/K. Hey if you only want to race because of what people at work think...don't. It will be worse if you lose. Ya gotta wonder about a guy on a 6 boastin about beating Busas......he' got sumpin up his sleeves.

Id suggest you do a roll on... and make sure what mods he has for performance, before you take up the challenge.

If the advice BT gave didnt sink in well, all I can say is good on ya! he told you straight though, I have one of those friends who has a 900 in a 600 frame,he's smoked many,beaten only by a few. Get some practice at the track and on the street, then go cut his head! Just do it for fun, no money and no slips, he'll probably let you win the first one and then ask for a chance to redeem his self and then want to put some wager of some kind on the race.This is where you walk away. He's obviously a racer thats maybe a bit bored,so be careful man.

People are reading too much into this.

Some guy at the Kawasaki dealership (maybe a salesman? and most likely the kid that washes the bikes) says his 600 can beat 'any' busa. Its probably his first bike with a nice pipe and he has no clue.

What do you expect a Kawa dealer to say?

Its all bull crap and when it comes down to a race - it will never happen.

But, then again, I've been wrong before ... LOL

Throw them a curve and show up lowered and strapped. If anything put a strap on the front.

You say you're worried about your image with your co-workers if you would get beat. Did you buy your Busa just for that reason - 'image'- just so you could tell people you have the 'fastest production bike'? Have you ever raced anyone else or are you living by the Busa's title? I'm not criticizing you, I'm just trying to see where you're coming from. If you're not good at a dead stop drag race and the kid is, he might pull on you enough on the launch that you would never catch him by the end of a 1/4 mile. My son has an 05 ZX-6R. No torque whatsoever, but when it hits about 8 grand, it really takes off, but there isn't anything mind boggling about it. However, it's nothing compared to my ZX-12R. When my 12 hits 7 grand, it "REALLY" takes off. You should know the feeling. You ride a Busa. Race the kid from a roll on. I guarantee that if you are a half ways decent rider, you will smoke him bad, very bad, and he'll quit his Busa bashing. Don't worry about a 600 on the streets. Worry about one if you're at a dragstip and Rickey Gadson's sitting on one beside you at the tree.

this is funny...."beat any busa."
rock.gif
??

I'd put $1,000 on Ninja eater to crush this guys testicles....
the 636 is some serious stuff off the line....but I don't think it can hang until 160 mph....I think you'll start pulling away at 140. When that busa powerband hits...it will be a spanking....unless he's juiced.

Well...

I'm with BT & the Junkie. A-fore ya race him, take yer bike out and run it light to light for a few afternoons, till ya got the hang of the launch.

If yer gonna run him, make sure yer tire is hot a-fore ya run him. When you can launch the bike at 4 grand (Yes to do it properly ya might be feeding her some clutch plates) and not break the rear loose, and not loft the front end, yer prolly ready. Shift at 10 K - most Busa tork curves drop off after 10K and you wanna keep the gears in the meat of the power band so it does not pay to shift at 11.

If ya lose, don't come back here & tell us cause yer gonna get sh!t!

Good luck.

he'll probably let you win the first one and then ask for a chance to redeem his self and then want to put some wager of some kind on the race.
Bingo! junkie has obviously been around the block in the street racin' scene.
biggrin.gif

Also, if he's street savy he's not going to beat you by much either. He's just barely gonna come out ahead of ya if he does beat ya on the first run. He'll make it less than a bike length if he can. A true street racer doesn't play his full hand. He'll make you think that if you'd have shifted just a bit quicker, or got just a bit better launch you would have had him when truth be told, he might have held a LOT in reserve.

You're playing a game here that he may have played MANY times. I'm going from experience when I say that usually when someone with what should be an inferior ride is that confident about racing bikes with 2+ times the CC's of his own ride, one of two things are true. He's either one fast mofo, or he's a blow hard that ain't got a clue. None of us can decide which he is based on the info we have. oldguy may be right, but if he's not it's gonna sting to have your 1300 cc Suzuki get it's paint blistered by a guy on a Kawi 600.

As for the ones who say don't worry about a 600 on the street... I guess rider experience doesn't come into play in their world. Evidently only cc's matter. Yeah, right! A decent racer on a 600 will skin a non-experienced racer on a busa in the real world, just like my basically stock 5.0 Mustang used to beat NOS fed 5.0 stangs when the driver couldn't launch or shift their bottle fed beasts.
wink.gif
Also, just like Rossi beats stronger, faster bikes in MotoGP. I'm telling you, it's all about the rider.
rock.gif

It's easy to go through a thread like this and pick out who the true street racers are, and who the guys are that have simply raced a few times on the street.
wink.gif

wink.gif

a roll is kinda silly cause it isnt a real race, he probably will most likely want to go from a dead stop  

measure out one mile on a straight road and race the mile from a dead stop

even if he is a great rider you should be able to pull him down and pass him within a mile

better yet , if you are that worried about it , measure 2 miles out on a straight road and then run him
biggrin.gif

BulletTrain, You're exactly right about rider and rider experience coming into play in the real world and that's my world, too. Why do you think I told him to go from a roll on, if he's a decent rider, and not from the hole? If he can't run his bike decent from the hole, he'd have a much better chance from a roll on. I'm speaking from experience, just like you. I've been racing for over 30 years, street and dragstrip. I know the ifs, ands, buts, whys, etc. As far as your sarcastic remark about me thinking only cc's matter, I'm a little smarter than that. Power to weight ratio, horsepower, bike setup, rider skill, everything adds up.
There's a guy in my city that has a Honda 600 with nitrous, a good rider, who takes the bike to the dragstrip. Can I beat him with my 12? Easy, without me using my nitrous. Why? Because it's a race between a good rider on a fast little bike against a good rider on a fast big bike with almost twice the horsepower. In case you didn't know, more cc's CAN give you more horsepower.
As for racing a 600, I wouldn't worry about it and I hope you don't either.
cool.gif

... or set up an iron butt 1000 mile race. I mean, you should be able to pull out on him by the end of that for sure... or, put a surplus 4 gallon gas tank on your busa and race until both of you are out of gas! Yeah, that's it! You'll surely beat him that way!

WTF people?
rock.gif
If you're scared to race a fuggin' 600 in a "REAL" race... over any distance of his choosing just don't accept the challenge, man. Plain and simple. A busa should beat a 600 in the 1/8th, 1/4, mile, etc... unless he's got aces up his sleeve. If he's got aces, and enough of them, you're fugged. Don't try to engineer odd races just to try and eek out an advantage over a 600. If you're not good enough to beat him in a normal race, just pass and save yourself the humiliation.

It is always funny to see busa/12r guys try to cheat to beat a smaller bike. I haven't practiced enough to be good at racing on a bike so I know my arse doesn't need to race. I know for a fact that I'd never do a busa, or a 10r justice in a race. With that in mind, I don't accept race challenges.

What if we were talkin' gun fights here? If I didn't know enough about gun fighting to feel confident about winning, I wouldn't accept a challenge. I guess I could follow the logic some take on racing. I could say, yeah, let's face off from 300 yards. You use your handgun and I'll use my rifle. Asking for a 2 mile race against a 600 on a busa is just as ludicrous.
laugh.gif

It all boils down to this... If you have to ask how to beat a 600 on a busa, you don't need to race the 600 unless you are totally willing to live with being beat by it. The guy on the 600 has nothing to lose. If he loses to a 1300 cc busa it doesn't even matter if he's modded. He's ridin' half the bike you are. No shame in it for him. On the other hand, if you lose, you look like a total loser/poser to everyone who sees or hears about the race. You're on a big bad busa and you can't beat a 600...
biggrin.gif

I ain't sayin' don't race. I'm just sayin' be prepared for the likely outcome.
wink.gif

BulletTrain, You're exactly right about rider and rider experience coming into play in the real world and that's my world, too. Why do you think I told him to go from a roll on, if he's a decent rider, and not from the hole? If he can't run his bike decent from the hole, he'd have a much better chance from a roll on. I'm speaking from experience, just like you. I've been racing for over 30 years, street and dragstrip. I know the ifs, ands, buts, whys, etc. As far as your sarcastic remark about me thinking only cc's matter, I'm a little smarter than that. Power to weight ratio, horsepower, bike setup, rider skill, everything adds up.
There's a guy in my city that has a Honda 600 with nitrous, a good rider, who takes the bike to the dragstrip. Can I beat him with my 12? Easy, without me using my nitrous. Why? Because it's a race between a good rider on a fast little bike against a good rider on a fast big bike with almost twice the horsepower. In case you didn't know, more cc's CAN give you more horsepower.
As for racing a 600, I wouldn't worry about it and I hope you don't either.
cool.gif
I wasn't directing the comment directly at you, or anyone else... just in general to the ones who DO think any rider can beat a 600 and it's rider just because they are on a 1300. I can respect your experience now that I know what it is, but if you go through any thread like this, you'll see the posts I'm talking about. Invariably there will be folks with little to no REAL racing experience posting things like, "You're on a busa... FEAR NOTHING!" and that's the extent of their input on the matter. That's the guys I was talking about.
wink.gif

And yes, CC's translate into power, but as you know if you're raced for that long... power doesn't always decide the outcome of a race. Ever missed a shift, or blew a run and lost to an inferior machine?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112301343 -->

... or set up an iron butt 1000 mile race. I mean, you should be able to pull out on him by the end of that for sure... or, put a surplus 4 gallon gas tank on your busa and race until both of you are out of gas! Yeah, that's it! You'll surely beat him that way!  

WTF people?
rock.gif
If you're scared to race a fuggin' 600 in a "REAL" race... over any distance of his choosing just don't accept the challenge, man. Plain and simple. A busa should beat a 600 in the 1/8th, 1/4, mile, etc... unless he's got aces up his sleeve. If he's got aces, and enough of them, you're fugged. Don't try to engineer odd races just to try and eek out an advantage over a 600. If you're not good enough to beat him in a normal race, just pass and save yourself the humiliation.

It is always funny to see busa/12r guys try to cheat to beat a smaller bike. I haven't practiced enough to be good at racing on a bike so I know my arse doesn't need to race. I know for a fact that I'd never do a busa, or a 10r justice in a race. With that in mind, I don't accept race challenges.

What if we were talkin' gun fights here? If I didn't know enough about gun fighting to feel confident about winning, I wouldn't accept a challenge. I guess I could follow the logic some take on racing. I could say, yeah, let's face off from 300 yards. You use your handgun and I'll use my rifle. Asking for a 2 mile race against a 600 on a busa is just as ludicrous.
laugh.gif

It all boils down to this... If you have to ask how to beat a 600 on a busa, you don't need to race the 600 unless you are totally willing to live with being beat by it. The guy on the 600 has nothing to lose. If he loses to a 1300 cc busa it doesn't even matter if he's modded. He's ridin' half the bike you are. No shame in it for him. On the other hand, if you lose, you look like a total loser/poser to everyone who sees or hears about the race. You're on a big bad busa and you can't beat a 600...  
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
BT....Just tell us how you really feel!

WTF people?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
BT....Just tell us how you really feel!
Hehehe...
laugh.gif
Sorry, it's just that this topic always gets me goin'. This, and the "turbo or spray your busa and don't worry about the 600's" threads.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Everything's cool Bullet
cool.gif

If the guy on the Busa can't race a bike out of the hole and the guy on the 600 can, the guy on the bigger bike, the Busa, with much more horsepower, might be in for a big surprise. He might be reeling the 600 in, but before he can catch him or pass him, the race is over. If the Busa rider knows how to run his bike through the gears, the horsepower advantage from a roll on should prevail. Here's an example from one of my experiences: Around 1975 (I know, I'm old) I had a 1971 Kawasaki Mach 111 500 3 cylinder 2 stroke bike, one of the fastest production bikes at the time. My uncle had the same kind of bike, except a 1970, and he had just had it bored out. He stopped by my house and wanted to race me. We found a nice straight vacant road. We went from a 1st gear roll on. He beat me bad. I mean bad! Probably by about 10 bike lengths. What really hurt was that he weighed about 40 lbs. more than me. I was a good rider and had never lost before and I had raced countless #'s of 500 Kaw's.I tell you man, that really hurt. What this told me was that he was a good rider from a roll on and his bike had more horespower than mine. We pulled over and I didn't like the grin he had on his face. I said "Why don't we go from a deadstop"? (This was my thing. I loved doing holeshots). We went east of town where the locals had the 1/4 mile marked off. I smoked him. I beat him just as bad in the 1/4 as he had beaten me from a roll. Same riders, same bikes, 2 different types of races. My uncle said he was gaining on me. So what. I got to the end first and the race was over. I was finally happy again. I had a lot of experience in the 1/4 mile. My uncle didn't have any. This is 1 of many cases where rider skill prevailed over horsepower.
I agree with you BulletTrain. If the guy's not sure of himself, he shouldn't race.

Back