down due to a old lady driver

Aside from tire choice I have NEVER seen anyone can emergency brake and use the horn at the same time, you just cant concentrate on the important part of not falling off !!! And one other thing dude your riding gear sucks looks like motoX gloves WTF your hands are pretty important, the very least I ride in are kevlar jeans but 90% leathers and very expensive gloves, my fastest off was at a circuit about 130mph in Axo leathers and $300 gloves, nothing even wore out i didnt have a mark on me and rode in the next available session. I would be spending some of the settlement money on decent kit and Ill bet if you try to sue for injuries the ins company would have an 'out' as if you had proper equipment on you would have NO injuries.

My current choice of glove
P1020417_zps85beacae.jpg

That rambling post makes absolutely no sense. I have not a clue what your point is! :dunno:

That rambling post makes absolutely no sense. I have not a clue what your point is! :dunno:

Not speak English then? I was adding to your point that cheap tires are a problem and people should know they will never perform the same that also cheap riding kit is the same it will never protect you the same !!! In essence I was agreeing with you:thumbsup:

Aside from tire choice I have NEVER seen anyone can emergency brake and use the horn at the same time, you just cant concentrate on the important part of not falling off !!! And one other thing dude your riding gear sucks looks like motoX gloves WTF your hands are pretty important, the very least I ride in are kevlar jeans but 90% leathers and very expensive gloves, my fastest off was at a circuit about 130mph in Axo leathers and $300 gloves, nothing even wore out i didnt have a mark on me and rode in the next available session. I would be spending some of the settlement money on decent kit and Ill bet if you try to sue for injuries the ins company would have an 'out' as if you had proper equipment on you would have NO injuries.

My current choice of glove
P1020417_zps85beacae.jpg

And exactly where is your horn at that you can't hit it at the same time you brake? What state of dillusion do you live in...? Not wearing "appropriate" riding gear? According to who? Hate to bust your bubble, but florida is a no helmet state...half the riders don't ride with a helmet, and 75% don't wear a coat most of the time. The only law florida does have concerning a motorcycle is "eye protection", either on a helmet, or some type of glasses or goggles. Giving them an out because of what right gear? Is that to say that if someone in a car who is not sitting correctly and gets hurt in an automobile accident is not entitled to compensation? Does that mean if a pedestrian is walking in a "No crosswalk area" that it is ok to run them over? Grow up, get some common sense about you.

I could care less if you like the gear I chose to wear, I did't buy it for you to like...I bought it to stand out amongst my surroundings. If someone can't see me riding in a mostly white and red coat that sticks out from the "city surroundings" and the natural areas I ride in that are normally green (so red should kind of stand out). So I guess Teknic is a bad company for leathers...by the way, the coat barely has any damage and never rubbed thru. So I guess that makes all my gear rubbish.

Some people are fixated on the "tire". Different people like different tires for different reasons. I have not seen an actual braking distance comparison to support any claims amongst any tires manufactured by other brands.

go TROLL somewhere else....

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't hit anyone, it was a single vehicle crash. It was YOU at the controls and you simply ran out of talent when you needed it most (to quote Matt Mladin)

Sorry about your get off.

I'm pretty sure after looking at the left pipe that the car bumped me. The scratches on the pipe were not there previous to this accident and this wasn't the side that went down. Also the dirt should be uniform aroung the base of where the muffler bolts to the mid pipe, which it isn't either. Not trying to show off the dirt on the bike, just didn't get around to thoroughly cleaning the frame/chain, etc before the trip...and I haven't attempted to clean it now because getting on the ground is not very enjoyable at the moment lol.

So if I "ran out of talent" as you say...then the talent ran out after the bike was bumped. Lol.

This would also make more sense to me as to how I ended up on the left side of the bike, instead of the right side of it, although I remember none of coming off the bike, which is probably a good thing.

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

IMAG0967.jpg

Dude, you let some old lady pulling out of a side street cross four lanes of traffic and put you on your head. At 45 miles an hour you couldn't avoid that collision without barking up your knees on the asphalt? Were you asleep or have your tunes turned up occupying your hard drive or what? You are grasping at straws making every excuse you can come up with as to why you are a victim. You are a victim of your own inability. There is no shame in crashin. Most everyone on here has been there once or twice, some multiple times. I have crashed so many times l actually invented ways of crashin and every single time it was no ones fault but my own.

From what I read you don't know what happened? That skinned spot on your pipe has been there long enough to grow green moss just like the rest of that nasty heifer.

I could care less if you wear a helmet or not. But just so you know, you hit something at 45 mph and your head will pop like a ripe cantaloupe.

Dude, you let some old lady pulling out of a side street cross four lanes of traffic and put you on your head. At 45 miles an hour you couldn't avoid that collision without barking up your knees on the asphalt? Were you asleep or have your tunes turned up occupying your hard drive or what? You are grasping at straws making every excuse you can come up with as to why you are a victim. You are a victim of your own inability. There is no shame in crashin. Most everyone on here has been there once or twice, some multiple times. I have crashed so many times l actually invented ways of crashin and every single time it was no ones fault but my own.

From what I read you don't know what happened? That skinned spot on your pipe has been there long enough to grow green moss just like the rest of that nasty heifer.

I could care less if you wear a helmet or not. But just so you know, you hit something at 45 mph and your head will pop like a ripe cantaloupe.

So now you don't know the difference between green moss and black chain oil that is flung off the chain.

As stated before you weren't there, and you would be surprised how fast a car can come across 4 lanes of traffic from the left. I'm not grasping at anything...just stating the facts. You don't have to like my bike, I could care less, I drive it almost every day and I haven't dropped it or been in an accident (prior to this situation)...but you have made it your mission to try to blame me 100% for the accident. There are some situations that you have very little time to react to. I might not remember how I came off the bike...but you are just as much in the dark because you were never there. Obviously you do not understand that "shiny" metal on a surface means one of 2 things... either it is new...or it has been rubbed off.

AND excuse me for NOT having the bike totally spic and span...you think that is bad you should see how most bikes look down here when the love bugs come out and splatter over everything. I know it is a strange concept...but some people actually buy motorcycles to ride them...not just for them to sit in a garage, where they keep it clean and never ride it.

You keep saying you could care less...but then you keep coming back to repost....that is one of the biggest oxymorons I have heard today

I could see you saying something about my bike being "NASTY" if it had as much crud caked up on it as the one in the following picture...

ydirty.png

OK you go hobble somewhere else! Hows it trolling to state the obvious, your riding gear sucks thats why you got hurt, I really dont care if you want to turn your self into a vegetable by riding in speedos and no helmet but others may like to think about it, still bet you look really cool hobbling around unable to bend your knees like you shat yourself, Oh and first thing people think about when someone pulls out so close they are going to knock you off is the horn right?? If youd spent your time avoiding and braking you may have stayed upright or were you looking at your reflection in other cars thinking how cool you looked.

What a **** !!!!

And exactly where is your horn at that you can't hit it at the same time you brake? What state of dillusion do you live in...? Grow up, get some common sense about you.

I could care less if you like the gear I chose to wear, I did't buy it for you to like...I bought it to stand out amongst my surroundings. If someone can't see me riding in a mostly white and red coat that sticks out from the "city surroundings" and the natural areas I ride in that are normally green (so red should kind of stand out). So I guess Teknic is a bad company for leathers...by the way, the coat barely has any damage and never rubbed thru. So I guess that makes all my gear rubbish.

Some people are fixated on the "tire". Different people like different tires for different reasons. I have not seen an actual braking distance comparison to support any claims amongst any tires manufactured by other brands.

Concerning your argument about the horn

Reaction Time
None of us can react instantaneously: our brains first have to comprehend what is happening, work out what to do about it and then send signals to take the appropriate action. Tests carried out by Reading University show total reaction times of between 1.4 and 1.9 seconds, dependent on age. With these timings, a vehicle travelling at 60mph will be covering between 123.2 and 167.2 feet before any braking force comes into the equation. Add in other factors such as road surface and weather conditions, and those measurements will be even greater.

Concerning traction
Traction
Maximum braking force is dependent on traction. This is friction between road surface and tyre. Introducing variables such as a wet road surface, or one that is slippery with diesel spill or ice, covered in gravel, sand or wet leaves or is bumpy, will again significantly alter outcome. With advances in today’s tyre and brake technology, it is not unreasonable to expect deceleration in excess of 1G. Test riders routinely achieve 60 to 0 stops on new motorcycles on perfect surfaces, over distances less than 120 feet.

Tyres also have a huge influence on traction: they may be brand new or part worn, under- or over-inflated, made of sticky race rubber or designed for touring and long life. Dual compound tyres are also common, as are tyres described as ‘knobblies’, i.e. those fitted to dual-purpose bikes that have off-road capability. Tyres also perform better when warm, so they will have less traction at the start of a journey, especially if it is a cold day.

Concerning your gear. where did I say your jacket was no good, I said your MotoX gloves and super cool cargo pants were inadequate for riding on asphalt, I know most of you dont do corners but if you come off at say 70mph and slide the burns and skin loss you suffer will prob at the least cripple you and prob kill you, as for riding with no helmet you go girl, even cyclists have learned they need to wear head protection, but of course the doesnt look cool, what makes me laugh is you can buy kevlar lined cargo pants from draggin jeans that would have saved your knobbly knees from the lack of skin. But you know what they say'If it looks like an Idiot, talks like an Idiot and acts like an Idiot its prob ..........an Idiot'
Most people would have said Gee Ill never ride in ordinary pants again or my mums gardening gloves im off to buy some proper gear to go with my jacket!

Still Im glad you walked away, well hobbled anyway !!! Any bike crash that doesnt end in hospital or worse is good.

Glad your ok and thanks for the AAR. I know it's tuff to do so but try not to be too hard on the old lady. She was probably in a minor state of shock once it sunk in what happened. By the way, old people should still not be allowed to drive. :laugh:

Concerning your argument about the horn

Reaction Time
None of us can react instantaneously: our brains first have to comprehend what is happening, work out what to do about it and then send signals to take the appropriate action. Tests carried out by Reading University show total reaction times of between 1.4 and 1.9 seconds, dependent on age. With these timings, a vehicle travelling at 60mph will be covering between 123.2 and 167.2 feet before any braking force comes into the equation. Add in other factors such as road surface and weather conditions, and those measurements will be even greater.

Concerning traction
Traction
Maximum braking force is dependent on traction. This is friction between road surface and tyre. Introducing variables such as a wet road surface, or one that is slippery with diesel spill or ice, covered in gravel, sand or wet leaves or is bumpy, will again significantly alter outcome. With advances in today’s tyre and brake technology, it is not unreasonable to expect deceleration in excess of 1G. Test riders routinely achieve 60 to 0 stops on new motorcycles on perfect surfaces, over distances less than 120 feet.

Tyres also have a huge influence on traction: they may be brand new or part worn, under- or over-inflated, made of sticky race rubber or designed for touring and long life. Dual compound tyres are also common, as are tyres described as ‘knobblies’, i.e. those fitted to dual-purpose bikes that have off-road capability. Tyres also perform better when warm, so they will have less traction at the start of a journey, especially if it is a cold day.

Concerning your gear. where did I say your jacket was no good, I said your MotoX gloves and super cool cargo pants were inadequate for riding on asphalt, I know most of you dont do corners but if you come off at say 70mph and slide the burns and skin loss you suffer will prob at the least cripple you and prob kill you, as for riding with no helmet you go girl, even cyclists have learned they need to wear head protection, but of course the doesnt look cool, what makes me laugh is you can buy kevlar lined cargo pants from draggin jeans that would have saved your knobbly knees from the lack of skin. But you know what they say'If it looks like an Idiot, talks like an Idiot and acts like an Idiot its prob ..........an Idiot'
Most people would have said Gee Ill never ride in ordinary pants again or my mums gardening gloves im off to buy some proper gear to go with my jacket!

Still Im glad you walked away, well hobbled anyway !!! Any bike crash that doesnt end in hospital or worse is good.

Obviously you didn't read the prior posts, where I admit the cargo pants were not the best decision.
However in florida the only law is eye protection when it comes to motorcycles gear.
I always ride with a helmet on, it's my choice.
By the way the gloves weren't gardening gloves...they were joe rocket gloves.

Where exactly did you see in my post that I don't wear a helmet? you must have misconstrued what florida law is and that I actually wear a helmet.

The perception distance (distance it takes you're brain to comprehend) is a simple equation if you are going 20 you add the first digit to that and the distance travelled before applying brakes would be 22 feet. 30mph+3 (first digit)=33 feet. or in my case 45 mph+4=49 feet traveled for the perception time before the braking actually occurred. So a car pulling out 50 feet ahead of you would end up you being right on top of them before any braking would be conceivable.

ybraking_chart_107.jpg

Glad your ok and thanks for the AAR. I know it's tuff to do so but try not to be too hard on the old lady. She was probably in a minor state of shock once it sunk in what happened. By the way, old people should still not be allowed to drive. :laugh:

Thanks, not being too hard on the lady...but I think OLDER PEOPLE should be tested more often for driving skills. I have a stepdad that is in his 80's and I will walk before I ride in a vehicle operated by him. Trust me...if you want to fear for your life, take one ride with my stepdad...that is all it will take. Luckily we have convinced him not to drive after he brought my mom's car back and wrecked it in the first 30 days she owned the car. According to him it was "the car got hit while parked in a parking spot"....but it had the same hi visibility yellow paint that curbs and poles in parking lots are painted with. lol :)

Dude the main thing is you have lived to tell the tale and ride another day, I cant believe how you guys (americans) seem to ride so much in T shirts and jeans, even with no gloves. My local bike shop sell a lot of mesh type clothing that you slot armour into, the idea is you slide along on the armour yet stay cool, you can wear it under baggy jeans and tops etc.

Dude the main thing is you have lived to tell the tale and ride another day, I cant believe how you guys (americans) seem to ride so much in T shirts and jeans, even with no gloves. My local bike shop sell a lot of mesh type clothing that you slot armour into, the idea is you slide along on the armour yet stay cool, you can wear it under baggy jeans and tops etc.

Thanks for the info...I'll check into the mesh clothing with armor in it. I've not seen it at my local shops that cater to motorcycles, so I will probably hhave to look online for it.

Where do you live at? I take it that it's not in america.

I live in the UK and its VERY rare to see anyone on sportsbikes not wearing full leathers, the bike dealer 100 yards from my shop sells the stuff im talking about I will go down and see if I can get some info and pictures, they sell a lot to guys going to really hot climates like Thailand etc who want to stay cool but still want some protection against road rash which as you know is real painful. Draggin jeans and cargo pants are really good against abrasion not so hot on hurting knees due to no armour although the new ones have a slot to put knee armour in, some of my friends wear knee pads underneath that they take off when they get to say a race meeting where they walk round all day.

Back together again...all new fairings and new exhaust cans. If anyone needs or knows someone that needs some plastics I have some that can be repaired from the wreck listed in the classified section.

Here's how the hayabusa looks after it is all said and done.

Thanks to all who viewed and wished me luck :)

20130702_144003.jpg

The details of your spill were crazy. I can actually visualize the entire accident. Glad your alive and well enough to post up. Good to see your girl is cleaned up and this mess is behind you.

Back