Down but unhurt

qarnaj

Registered
I've had my baby for just over a month and managed to hurt her already.
sad.gif

I was pulling out of one of the cross lanes in the parking lot at work on to the main lane that takes you to the road. I did the standard check to the right and left and didn't see anybody coming. I was watching a bunch of people standing in front of the building to make sure nobody stepped out in front of me when a car came out of nowhere on my blind side. I either missed him when I looked, or he was parked and started going the instant I looked away, but by the time I saw him out of the corner of my eye he was only about 5 feet away. I hit the brakes, but had no time to straighten the bike up first. It went right out from under me and did a horrible expensive grinding slide on the pavement. Fortunately, I was wearing full leathers so my skin did not do a horrible painful grinding slide as well. Lets hear it for protective gear!

I missed the car and walked away with only a bruised knee and a pulled tricep. The bike didn't fare so well. I was only going 10-15 mph, but the slide tore the entire left side up pretty badly. Fortunately, I have full coverage insurance on it, so that should hopefully take care of getting it fixed. State Farm is supposed to have someone calling me today to come take a look at it and do a damage appraisal. I just hope I didn't hit hard enough to do any damage to the frame.

So sorry to hear about the accident, but thankfully you're okay! Thanks to the leathers no doubt...

I hope you'll have the Busa back together in no time...
smile.gif

Glad your OK...At that speed you only damaged the fairing...But take a close look at all your covers and replace them if necessary...Up your back on soon...
evil.gif

VaBusa - I'm definitely thankful for the leathers! I looked at the glove afterwards and can see where it wore through a couple layers of leather on the palm. Had to shudder thinking "that could have been my skin!"

Frame sliders my friend frame sliders. i just put some on and had a very hard tipover on the concrete...nuting but the frame sliders got scratched. Hope you get everything back together ok
smile.gif

not really i got some cheap ones off ebay just make sure they are derlin and not metal. looking at your pics if you had sliders only damage would have been too your ego
cool.gif

Glad to hear you are ok , I am sure you will get the Busa fixed soon .

Stay Safe
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111423095 -->

Looks like the only damage was to the upper and left lower fairings and the stator cover. Was there no damage to the clutch lever, mirror or front fender? Not too bad. Glad you had the leathers on to keep you from getting hurt.

The end of the clutch lever is ground down a bit, the mirror has some scuffs on it, and the exhaust pipe has some scrapes and grinding on it as well. The front fender has some scratches, and there's a little bit of scuffing on the back section under the hump. I'll post some more pics in a few minutes.

Its almost as though the pavement deliberately set out to deface as many parts as it possibly could.

Glad your Ok, the damage does not look that bad. I think you could probably manage to find most of your parts on ebay. Again, glad nothing worst happened.

Still not too bad! Didn't you want to get at least some aftermarket slip-ons and have your mirrors painted to match anyway? Also, didn't you talk about a custom paint job?

Back