Down but unhurt

Let us know what you decide!
biggrin.gif

Use the insurance money to buy an aftermarket exhaust full system. Glad you weren't hurt.

Glad your OK brother ! First thing I bought when I wrecked my zx11 was leathers. Iwould have been 100% unhurt if Id had them in wreck. Well actually I bought the Busa then the leathers. Hope your back up and running soon.

Sorry bout the fall. I just ordered some frams sliders. Now to get the courage to cut into the fairings. Glad your ok though.

The scratches can be repainted. I even repainted a scratched mirror. Let's hear it for full leather's I ride in full leathers, even when it is hot outside. My reasoning:; it's easier to replace sweat than blood and skin. I get a lot of crap from my buds who think full leathers are overkill. I am going to keep wearing my gear. You may have had an accident, but in my book, you are one smart guy.

Sorry for your skid... nothing sounds like plastic & metal hitting the pavement - But heck youll be fine... relatively cheap lesson I say, glad you werent going faster...

Chin up ol boy
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111469981 -->

Sorry to hear about the wreck but I'm glad you didn't get hurt. It sucks, trust me.
blush.gif

Now I just need the rain to let up so I can get it in to the shop for an estimate.

Anybody have experience with repainting scratches vs replacing panels? Is it possible to repaint it to look stock or would it probably be necessary to repaint the entire bike to match?

Update on the situation:
Took it in to the shop last week and they gave me the estimate of $2100 for parts and labor. State Farm agreed and cut me a check for $1800 after my deductible.

Since there was no frame damage I picked the bike up on Tuesday and am now back to riding her again. (I just try to park where nobody can see the left side.):blush: I'm just going to get the panels and try to put them on myself. Figure I can save a few bucks on labor that way.

I saw a lot of recommendations for Kath512 on the SH.org board so I gave her a call today and sent her a list of parts. Now I'm just waiting to get pricing back from her to see if they can beat my local shop. Something tells me that won't be that hard.

Hey Qarnag,

I'll help you pull the plastic off, because it can repainted and you would never know the difference and I know a guy that owns a body shop in Marion that will paint basically for price of materials.  How do you think mine was painted
super.gif

Hell I'll even go over with ya...Because I'm thinking of another color change....AGAIN.

Give me a call or email me.

John

<!--EDIT|jmaz268
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112301289 -->

Jmaz268, are you going to be riding this weekend? I'd lke to get a look at your bike up close before I decide to do something as drastic as painting my baby.

Well I will go riding if I get my new sprocket in the mail today...But I probably won't be able until after 6 on sat and sun due to my Motorcycle safety course I am taking at SIU. And if I can get the bike back together because I am waiting on the sprockets and I just changed my rear tire and I haven't been able to put the whell back on yet....Hopefully it comes in today
guns.gif

Hey Qarnag,

I'll help you pull the plastic off, because it can repainted and you would never know the difference and I know a guy that owns a body shop in Marion that will paint basically for price of materials.  How do you think mine was painted
super.gif

Hell I'll even go over with ya...Because I'm thinking of another color change....AGAIN.

John
Hey do u think i can get some of this paint action

Hey Qarnag,

super.gif

John
I'm sure I could work something out with him..Don't know if you would want to drive the hour and a half to get here, but if you are willing let me know when you want to get it done...Make sure you have the paint code.

You're making me have flashbacks!, My bike was the exact same as yours only worse damage! Glad you're ok though.Use your insurance check and buy the HMF Dual High mounts and have the plastics repainted.Yes,I'm a HMF Fan!
smile.gif

You're making me have flashbacks!, My bike was the exact same as yours only worse damage! Glad you're ok though.Use your insurance check and buy the HMF Dual High mounts and have the plastics repainted.Yes,I'm a HMF Fan!
smile.gif

Are you psychic? I had planned on doing exactly that. I love the look of the HMF dual high mounts and had been planning on picking up a set with the insurance money I had left after replacing the plastic.
smile.gif

Now I just have to decide between black aluminum or carbon fiber...

smile.gif

Hey Qarnag,

super.gif

John
I'm sure I could work something out with him..Don't know if you would want to drive the hour and a half to get here, but if you are willing let me know when you want to get it done...Make sure you have the paint code.
Hey to not bay 1k for a paint job ill drive the hour and a half. I want an all black bike and im working on getting some scarface decals that i want under the clear coat. I will do my own sanding work and a bud of mine can get the paint what do u say

Back