Rider down

Glad to hear you're okay, cb. I need ya' around as my fellow Discovery and Speed Channel buff.
smile.gif

So sorry to hear about your Gixxer, though, dude. Cagers suck, but at least she actually stopped.
sad.gif
laugh.gif

What's on tonight??
tounge.gif

you had me scared man..... Just glad you walked away from it. Thank god for leather.  All I can say is SEW!!!!!!!! I do see a new 06 sitting in your driveway before long.
The leathers are actually in good shape, then backpack is toast though  
biggrin.gif

Now I have to reconsider again. 1000 or 750..... hmmmmm

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123889036 -->

Glad your OK bud....you should have been riding the Busa. The Gixxer was cherry....you could have got a new Busa if you were riding it instead of the 1K.

I am glad to hear that you are ok. Bikes are replaceable, but you aren't. I thinks this type of accident must happen a lot in congested areas. It nearly happened to me in June of this year when a woman in a white SUV changed from her right lane into my left lane. I hit the brakes hard. She must have heard me because she turned to look, had a horrified look on her face and swerved back. She had been talking on her cell phone. The ironic part of the story is that she had a big "paramedic/EMT" sticker on her rear window. Someone who should be saving lives instead of taking them.

I ride to work every day on an 8 lane highway near Detroit where the traffic is dense. I try not to be next to another car, but sometimes you can't avoid it. The just fill in all the spaces and are bumper to bumper in every lane. Under these conditions, the cagers can squash you by changing lanes and you can't dodge them.

Recently, it has been in the 90's here so I stopped wearing my leather track pants and my armored leather jacket and started wearing a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with soft armor and jeans. I always feel a little nervous without m heavy gear. I think your gear must have helped save you from injury. After reading this thread, I am going to make an effort to tolerate more sweating and wear my track leathers more.

I am glad to hear that you are ok.  Bikes are replaceable, but you aren't.  I thinks this type of accident must happen a lot in congested areas.  It nearly happened to me in June of this year when a woman in a white SUV changed from her right lane into my left lane.  I hit the brakes hard.  She must have heard me because she turned to look, had a horrified look on her face and swerved back.  She had been talking on her cell phone.  The ironic part of the story is that she had a big "paramedic/EMT" sticker on her rear window.  Someone who should be saving lives instead of taking them.

I ride to work every day on an 8 lane highway near Detroit where the traffic is dense.  I try not to be next to another car, but sometimes you can't avoid it.  The just fill in all the spaces and are bumper to bumper in every lane.  Under these conditions, the cagers can squash you by changing lanes and you can't dodge them.

Recently, it has been in the 90's here so I stopped wearing my leather track pants and my armored leather jacket and started wearing a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with soft armor and jeans.  I always feel a little nervous without m heavy gear.  I think your gear must have helped save you from injury.  After reading this thread, I am going to make an effort to tolerate more sweating and wear my track leathers more.
I definately think the gear made a difference. Sometimes sweat is a good thing
tounge.gif

Glade you are okay, it should be a no brainier with who is a fault since her damage is on the side. Good luck with the insurance battle too.

I think I'm going to wear my leather pants a little more now.

Back