taken down today

Glad you are ok. In most states the registered owner is responsible for what that car does. The "Daddy didn't know I had it." is only an out for the insurance agency. Find a good lawyer.

Had something similar happen to me with an old car once. Parked on the side of the road a guy ran it over and was uninsured, drunk, and hopped up on pharmicudicals. The mother payed out of pocket after i gave her a statement telling what the car was worth and what I had into it and therfore insured for. I would say get an estimate on what you had done to the bike and if totaled then get a price for it. Add it all together and see if he will settle out of court in order to keep his little girls driving record clean. If not then get a lawyer and have him pay twice as much for the bills and such.

Glad you are ok man, sucks about the bike.

well bike is at suzuki garage, got the guys there to give me estimate, the look on their faces didnt go down to well....all the ...aaahhhhh's and oowww's. however its fixable, the BEST news is its all cosmetic, the BAD news is its not cheap.... the problem they have now is all the custom chrome i put on it..its not available here so they said they may have to change everything back to stock mode....i have all receipts for add ons and will submit these to the "daddy" and hopefully get that money back also, so can re order again. he rang me this morning to settle privately, so he meeting me later today, i got price £3700 for parts plus labour cost (suzuki), my gear £2200, chrome addons £1800....police however prosecuting his daughter, drink driving, taking vehicle without permission, driving uninsured and reckless driving......did i tell you also she doesnt have a licence!!!!!!

No license....Nice

Looks like daddys little princess wont be getting anything but a visit to rehab for her birthday lol.

Hopefully he settles out for it all. Dont be surprised if he only wants to give you the cost of the bike, and possible the gear. In my accident I was fortunate to have my car insured for what I had in it and that helped.

Keep us posted man and let us know how it goes.

^^^^^ What they said :laugh:

I would in one way go against the others and say don't rush to get a lawyer.
Have you talked to the dad? Give him a chance to make things right. His daughter, daddies little girl bout killed somebody, you ! If he's any kind of a decent man he'll man up and fix your bike.

Just tell him to write you a check for a new and pay for all medical bills.
Glad you are OK :thumbsup:

Glad you are okay. Hope this doesn't get too drawn out, but from what you said it may take a while.

good to hear you are alright! i would try to fix the bike or worst case, her fathers insurance company will take care of it.

met "daddy" today, kinda went well, he agreed to pay for bike repair and some of bike gear but not any of the chrome parts. so told him either he pays for complete package or i get third party involved (solicitor / lawyer) and take it from there, and if they get involved he will be paying for ALL costs involved and medical bills. so after about three hours of meeting him he has agreed to pay for repairs, gear and chrome :cheerleader:but nothing else, as far as im concerned if he pays for damage im VERY HAPPY:thumbsup:. He offered cheque but i told him to pay suzuki direct, and pay cash for the rest which he said okay.....seems abit to quick and seemed to go too smoothly or am i just paranoid?

leathers all mashed up, first time i wore them too...but they did what they were supposed to....save me serious injury, no road rash.....

big question is.... what to do from this point!!!!

WOW!! Talk about blind luck.

The answer is price out what it costs to fix. Or if you are insured?

Glad he is paying up for all of it. To bad you didnt get an estimate on what the rest of the chrome pieces would have been :laugh:

like i said Chemmy, im just happy i getting what i paid and the repair done...it could have not worked out as well as it has.....

Back