Rider down

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Well I'm on the 105E(10 lane freeway) in my own lane, when a suburban in the lane to my right, violently moves to the left.  One of those drivers who doesn't blink, and changes lanes so quickly so no one can fill up the hole.  I had no time to react, it just happened
sad.gif
 The left quarter panel & left rear tire of the suburban hit the right engine fairing & front wheel of my GSXR1000.  Which caused the bike to come down on its left side sending me flying.  After sliding for a while.  I got back up, picked up the bike and moved it to the shoulder.  The suburban did stop and stay.  Called Nijinsky3(Julie) to come pick up the bike with her truck.  She got there very quick
biggrin.gif

At first I didn't want an ambulance, I didn't think I was hurt anywhere.  But after 5mins I felt and noticed swelling just above my left hip.  And I was getting dizzy and nauseas.  So I took the ambulance ride to ER just to be safe.  Nothing broken and no internal injuries, just a contusion(large bruise) above the left hip but belown my ribs.  I must have been dizzy from the heat and coming down from the adrelane rush.  So I'm fine, just a little sore.

I'm sure the bike is totalled.  It doesn't take much to total these bikes.  About $5,000 usually will total them.

Haven't seen the police report, takes up to 10 days.  My insurance will deal with hers.  No witnesses stopped for the police report.  Though a very nice guy, Marc, stopped and let me lay down in the bed of his truck.  He also helped Julie load the bike in her truck, but he didn't see the accident.

Well, at least I'll be 100% in a couple days and I still have the busa  
biggrin.gif

Oh, I was wearing all my gear. Helmet, gloves, track pants, jacket, and boots. And a backpack. The backpack got the worst of it.

My camera wouldn't work, I'll try to post some pics later.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123621612 -->

biggrin.gif

Ouch. Damn glad you're okay, Charles. I'm amazed she stopped. You got very lucky in that regard, at least.

--Wag--

Dman, I'm glad you're okay. Go to In-N-Out immediately and start your healing process! Seriously, it could have been her posting this instead............

Ouch.  Damn glad you're okay, Charles.  I'm amazed she stopped.  You got very lucky in that regard, at least.

--Wag--
Yeah, I'm lucky all over, no one ran me over, she stopped, and I just slid on my back and didn't hit anything like the median or start tumbling.

Dman, I'm glad you're okay. Go to In-N-Out immediately and start your healing process! Seriously, it could have been her posting this instead............
In-N-Out, you mean the fast food place. Well, I guess I could use a hamburger
tounge.gif

As soon as I stopped sliding and saw all the cars had stopped on the freeway. I started checking myself over to see how bad I was hurt. Still can't believe how UNhurt I am. Good thing for leathers.

Glad you're ok. Alot of wrecks going on here on the org. Keep your eyes open everyone.

Happy you didnt get more injuries... Congrats on wearing your gear, once again a reminder...

Damn those blind drivers

guns.gif

Advise your "friends" insurance company that they will be replacing your leathers gloves backpack and Helmet as well! They are obligated. Danm glad to hear you are OK.

Glad you're ok and here to tell us about it!! Had a few close encounters during the weekend, cagers in a hurry going home and not looking where they drive.
mad.gif
I don't know if you knew how lucky you were, getting run over while on the ground is one of my greatest concerns. Heal up and get well.

Sorry to hear about that but, you are very lucky to be here and able to make that post yourself. It just goes to show that haveing the right gear helps you more than you know. Good luck on the speedy recovery.

Glad your alright Bud, let me know if there's anything I could do for ya.

Glad your okay. Sounds like you were in a blind spot. Not the kind that the mirrors don't cover, but somewhere behind the drivers periffreal vision.

I make a practice of riding between the cars on the freeway, and everywhere else. They can come over if they want and I'll still be out of the way. I starting doing that after I had an old fart in a Cadillac start merging into my bike. I honked the horn and he looked right at me, shrugged his shoulders a bit and kept coming. I wanted to kick in his window! I also had a few people cut me off twice in one week in the carpool lane and almost push me into the median.

Back