Another rider down

dudewizr

Registered
This a.m. the morning news reported an accident on I270N, road shut down. So I called my wife who was on her way to work to give her a heads up and to pick a different route, too late she was stuck in it and eventually worked her way past the accident scene. She called and said there must have been a motorcycle involved and for me to be extra careful. After being at work an hour or so she called me and informed me that it was the son of some good friends from our church. His mother is in the process of being tested for Lupous Disease and will probably be diagnosed as terminal, the timing of this can never be the right time but it sure is gonna be extra difficult. I pray they can keep their eyes towards heaven and rely upon Gods grace to see them through this difficult time. The fallen rider was Chad Graham age unknown at this time (30-35). He leaves behind a wife and 2-3 year old son. The following is the report as posted by WBNS10TV as of now.

Interstate 270 northbound shut down on the west side of Columbus Monday after a tractor trailer hit a motorcycle, killing the rider.

The crash happened at about 7 a.m., with the highway closure or lane restrictions expected to last for several hours. Accident investigation detectives were closely examining the scene.

Columbus Police believe the truck driver is not aware he struck the cycle, since witnesses say the semi proceeded on its way without stopping or slowing down.

At 8 a.m., northbound traffic was backed up from the accident scene near I-70 clear back to Georgesville Road -- approximately two miles.

10TV will bring you additional details on editions of 10TV Eyewitness News later today.

So sad. Stay alert out there.
sad.gif

This is the report from another new station, my guess is he wasn't wearing any gear.

Traffic was backed up for miles following the collision along Interstate 270 on the city's west side, NBC 4's Duarte Geraldino reported.

The crash forced the Ohio Department of Transportation to close the right two lanes of Interstate 270 northbound at I-70. All lanes reopened to traffic at about 10 a.m., according to ODOT.

SLIDESHOWS: Images From Scene | Chopper 4

Police said two motorcyclists were driving erratically, at speeds between 80-100 mph, when one of the bikers struck a dump truck from behind.

A 27-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene, Geraldino reported.

The man's identity was not released.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

Ok, I'm going to hell.

I feel sorry for this asshat's family, but you get what you pay for. What the hell was he doing driving erratically at 80-100 in the same traffic with dumptrucks? With no gear, ferchristssake!

Man, I don't get squids. First the dumbass with the misdemeanor flight charge (with an unwilling passenger!) now this. Too bad he already had time to reproduce.

I feel nothing but despite for this moron, my only sympathy is for the family he obviously didn't care enough about.

geez, I'm having a great day so far...

evil.gif

<!--EDIT|expat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122915276 -->

Ok, I'm going to hell.

I feel sorry for this asshat's family, but you get what you pay for. What the hell was he doing driving erratically at 80-100 in the same traffic with dumptrucks? With no gear, ferchristssake!

Man, I don't get squids. First the dumbass with the misdemeanor flight charge (with an unwilling passenger!) now this. Too bad he already had time to reproduce.

I feel nothing but despite for this moron, my only sympathy is for the family he obviously didn't care enough about.

geez, I'm having a great day so far...

evil.gif
My jam is that I know the family really well, the Pastor has already visited them today and on top of that the Pastor is my Father-in-law. So not only is the family greiving over the loss of his soul, but now I am hearing statements about how it's all over in a second and I know I'm gonna hear it about riding motorcycles. You see it's these situations that not only give us a bad name but also gets our loved ones all frantic about every time that we ride. I rarely see anyone in the area with gear on. Total squid zone around here. I feel really bad for the family but just goes to show you how squids not only disregard their own welfare and safety but also the well being of their loved ones. This is just a bad deal all the way around. noone has reported yet that he wasn't wearing gear but from what my wife saw and the news pictures, there are no signs that gear was worn, not even a helmet. And his buddy that was with him is shown in photos with no gear as well.

@dudewizr : man, I'm sorry for you too. It must suck to have to go through this with his survivors. But once again, our beasts demand control and thought and responsibility and restraint. Or they will kill you. Too many bikers don't seem to get this.

Anyway, I hope you get through this ok.

Sorry to hear that someone that close had to go like that. Keep your head up in the few days to follow because i am sure you will get drilled about riding. Again my prayers are with you and the family.

Very sad indeed. I was looking at the news reports for that area and there were over 130 motorcycle accidents on I270 and I70 alone. Doesn't sound like the riders in that area are concerned with safety.
sad.gif

Back