fallen rider

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
This happened last night around my way. I didn't the know the guy, but I got a whole lot of calls becasuse he was on a bike that looked like mine. please be safe.....

Printer friendly version

April 7, 2005

Mullica man dies in fatal collision on Route 30
By PAT ARNEY Staff Writer, (609) 272-7204, E-Mail

GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP - A car-motorcycle crash on Route 30 killed a Mullica Township man Wednesday night, township police said.

Motorcyclist Robert Breder, 39, of the 5200 block of Route 30 in Mullica, was headed east on the highway when he collided shortly before 8 p.m. with a westbound car driven by Shana Sedaka, 20, of Fair Lawn, Bergen County, Sgt. Frank Weir said.

Sedaka was trying to turn left onto southbound Tilton Road at the time, Weir said.

Medic 7 and the Galloway Township Ambulance Squad attempted first aid, but Breder was pronounced dead at the scene about 20 minutes later, Weir said.

It marked the township's fourth fatal accident on Route 30 this year, Weir said. The other three were pedestrians.

The most recent fatality occurred March 20, when a 43-year-old Hamilton Township man was struck and killed by a hit-and-run vehicle near the intersection with Damson Avenue.

On Jan. 11, a 33-year-old Atlantic City woman was struck and killed by an NJ Transit bus near that same intersection. Police said the woman climbed over the highway's concrete median and ran in front of the bus in an effort to stop it. No charges were filed in that accident.

On March 1, an Egg Harbor Township man was trying to cross Route 30 after getting off an NJ Transit bus at the corner of Genoa Avenue when he was struck by a vehicle. He landed in the highway's eastbound lane, where two more vehicles struck him.

In Wednesday night's accident, police shut down the intersection of Route 30 and Tilton Road for about two hours while the accident scene was cleared, Weir said.

The intersection is controlled by a traffic signal, Weir said. Officers Richard Barber and Derik Tilton continue to investigate the crash.

sad.gif
Always be aware and wear your gear. I was thinking of how this might happen yesteday with the sudden warm-up in temps and onslaught of bikes on the roads. Very sad.

my thoughts out to his friends and family as well as the others that are listed on that article.
down.gif

Back