Fallen Rider

kremb

Registered
I'm sorry to announce that my friend died last night riding his Hayabusa motorcycle which was his prized possesion.

He was in his early 30's and left behind a beautiful wife, an amazing son and many good friends.

He had put a little over 1500 km on the bike which he told me was the fastest bike on the planet, 1400cc, top governed speed 310 km/hr. I don't know if I could have changed his mind about riding it, but I remember I couldn't help wondering if I was talking to a dead man. Like the fast decisions you must make when riding, I missed the opportunity to share how I felt about him riding this bike just two nights ago.

He was a very careful and responsible rider but simply lost control of his bike after passing a freak depression in the road, his body slid into a post on the side of the road. Cause of death was blunt force internal injuries.

He loved the speed and was facinated with fast machines in general. We watched an episode of 'Pinks' the other night after his little boy had gone to bed. One of his favorite movies was Top Gun.

I have two requests.

1) existing riders - ride safe, know your limits and terrain.

2) if you have children, please reconsider riding a sport bike so your children have a better chance to get to know you.

Take care,

Kremb

I'm so sorry this had to be...
sad.gif

My thoughts go out to his family and friends......

My deepest condolensces to you and his loved ones.

--Wag--

Sorry to hear that. My heart and prayers go out to you and his family and friends. The Big guy upstairs had another plan for him. God Bless and be safe.

That's terrible. My condolences to his family and friends. This has been a really bad year...

-- Steve

I hate to here it to, but it isnt only "sport bikes" that kill people.

I'm sorry to announce that my friend died last night riding his Hayabusa motorcycle which was his prized possesion.

He was in his early 30's and left behind a beautiful wife, an amazing son and many good friends.

He had put a little over 1500 km on the bike which he told me was the fastest bike on the planet, 1400cc, top governed speed 310 km/hr. I don't know if I could have changed his mind about riding it, but I remember I couldn't help wondering if I was talking to a dead man. Like the fast decisions you must make when riding, I missed the opportunity to share how I felt about him riding this bike just two nights ago.

He was a very careful and responsible rider but simply lost control of his bike after passing a freak depression in the road, his body slid into a post on the side of the road. Cause of death was blunt force internal injuries.

He loved the speed and was facinated with fast machines in general. We watched an episode of 'Pinks' the other night after his little boy had gone to bed. One of his favorite movies was Top Gun.

I have two requests.

1) existing riders - ride safe, know your limits and terrain.

2) if you have children, please reconsider riding a sport bike so your children have a better chance to get to know you.

Take care,

Kremb
sorry to hear of your loss. perhaps rather than reconsidering riding the type of bike we do, we should all take to heart your advice on dedicating ourselves to be safer riders and minimise our chances of being statistics we are not superhuman even though the busa can make us feel as though we are!!! still we all hate to read posts like this!

I'm very sorry to hear about your buddy. My thoughts out to you, friends and family.

Back