Rider down

VENOM

Registered
Last night at Addison and North in Villa Park,IL a 06 Hayabusa LE was rear ended while at the stop light south of the tracks. His Lid came off on impact and he has some head injuries. Please make sure you Lid fits right and it is straped on right. I could have really helped this guy. I hope its no one from here.... Remember they dont look for us you must look for them.  After talking to some of the officers at the scene with us I found out the rider turned his bike off to wait out a train...so no tail light He was hit at about 45MPH the bike was pushed around 35 feet he went around 55. The driver of the car was held by the police.

Ouch...not good
sad.gif

Hope he'll be okay...

Hope he's okay. Never turn off your bike OR take it out of gear. You can't get out of the way if your bike is off or in neutral.

They talk about that in the MSF BRC.

Hope the dude is gonna be OK. Good thing he didn't get thrown into the train.

Well if he was waiting on a train and the car hit him at 45mph... that driver had to be under the influence of something. I mean, there's either a train going past the frontend of the rider (with railroad crossing lights going - I would assume) or there is at least one car with breaklights in front of the rider. Both of which say STOP to any normal driver. Both of which lend light to the area, coupled with the headlights of the car and reflective rear breaklight of the rider... regardless of whether he turned the bike off completely, it should never have happened.

Prayers for the rider and family.

prayers out to the rider-hope he makes it back onto a bike soon. gota be careful out there 24/7. Last nite out with the boys, hit my signal n leaned to the right to move from middle lane to the right; one of my guys shot past n missed me by 1-2feet! he had pulled out from behind the car i was in front of and nailed it right away-by the time he saw my signal light he was pullin past me. sometimes other bikes can be a bigger threat to us than cars.

sad.gif
It is a shame. You would think after all of these accidents cagers would start to pay attention.

Man, I hope he is ok. I sometimes take it out of gear just to give my hand a break. Stop and go traffic can be a work out. You have to have eyes in back of your head. I know being a rider has made me more aware of bikes on the road when I am driving my car. The nice weather is here now and people have to realize, more bikes will be on the road. Ride Safe!

Manny

The fugger couldnt see that big,white honkin busa? WTF? Is dude gonna be ok?
rock.gif

Back