Another rider down!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I'm tearing down Latigo Canyon here in the Santa Monica Mts and I see a truck stopped and a man walking on the shoulder of a left hairpin turn.  I slow down(kinda unusual) and see a sportbike underneath a guardrail, so I stop to offer some help.  The rider is in great shape!!!  He lowsided at the end of the hairpin(we think it was some tar on the road, slippery when hot) and I guess he was going about 30-35mph. All he had was a burn on his elbow, the leather jacket held together, and about a handsize amount of roadrash on his leg.  He had some kinda of cloth pants that had knee armor and he was wearing armored boots, the roadrash was above the boot but below the knee armor.  I like to check out the condition of the gear after a crash so I can see how well it works and what to look for when I go buying some new gear. The bike had very little damage, he had framesliders so it saved a lot of damage to his honda f4i.  He was lucky though, the guardrail saved him from what would have been a couple hundred foot plummet off the side of a tall cliff!! In the last 2 weeks I've seen two very lucky(unlucky??) riders crash with no scratches or just a little and both bikes rideable.  When my time comes, I hope I get this lucky!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088371918 -->

Back