Hayabusa Fatal Accident

GNBRETT

Registered
responded to a call on the highway last week and wen i arrived on scene I cud see parts of a Busa scattered down the highway....smh was tough to tell wat happened at first and I cud not even locate the operator. he was down the embankment over the guard rails DOA.

he was a brother of a Lt. that works with me and the son of a 35 yr veteran of the traffic division. apparently he was riding down the highway at approx 120 mph and a truck merged onto the highway and he attempted to avoid the truck and struck his right side mirror and the bike immediately endowed, snapped the front end right off and landed about 900 feet from point of impact.:banghead:

he struck the guardrail and sheered his right leg off right above the knee then stuck the guardrail with the rest of his body and died of blunt trauma. prob wud hav bled out anyway from femoral artery being severed.

point being..... there is a time and place to go fast. its NOT anywhere on the highway where vehicles can and often do merge without looking properly. but, in the defense of the operator of the truck he probably looked and didn't see anything but by the time he merged the bike was covering so much ground so fast that he didn't even see him. he was a war veteran of Afghanistan. RIP

Police: Man killed in motorcycle crash near Route 8/25 connector in Bridgeport - News 12 Connecticut

Sucks. Prayers for the family. We all do stupid things from time to time, sucks when we get caught out doing it.

You are so right on GNBRETT.

You may think you have the "skills", but when in the company of other drivers they will mostly operate as if others are operating within the law. You don't have to be going 120+ either, a speed difference of 10 to15 mph can make a huge difference in what others judge to be a safe merge, left turn on green or right on red. Sad to hear about a fellow rider losing his life. RIP

RIP.

That really hits home because I too live in CT and do most of my riding on the highways at that time of the night.

There was a incident about two weeks ago here in Las Vegas where it was reported that a guy on a Gen 1 Busa clipped a fellow rider, causing him to crash into the barrier on the highway! The rider was ejected off his bike and landed in the traffic lane where he was run over by the rear tire of a semi and died. The Busa rider fled the scene, and people took to FB to put the word out about him. He was taken into custody a week later when he showed up to a Friday night event at the local speedway, he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
It also was reported that he already had warrants out for his arrest for other crimes and he was operating without a license! Witnesses say he was riding erratically weaving in and out of lanes at high rates of speed before the crash.

There was a incident about two weeks ago here in Las Vegas where it was reported that a guy on a Gen 1 Busa clipped a fellow rider, causing him to crash into the barrier on the highway! The rider was ejected off his bike and landed in the traffic lane where he was run over by the rear tire of a semi and died. The Busa rider fled the scene, and people took to FB to put the word out about him. He was taken into custody a week later when he showed up to a Friday night event at the local speedway, he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
It also was reported that he already had warrants out for his arrest for other crimes and he was operating without a license! Witnesses say he was riding erratically weaving in and out of lanes at high rates of speed before the crash.

That's awful; can't imagine causing someone's death and just going on with my life as if it didn't happen...some people...

Back