Man down

Beefy

Registered
I'm a frequent member of SFRIDERS.COM last week we lost a close friend on 17 Feb 2006. Here are some of the details.
The crash occurred on the FLA Tpx near SR836.The case was handled by FHP. Apparently as he was attempting to negioate the ramp from the Tpx northbound onto SR836 East, an impact occurred between him and another vehicle.
Where he was ejected from the bike breaking both wrists,right hip, collar bone, his back, and suffered abdominal bleeding and trauma to his head/brain. The accident happened approx at 10:00pm last night on his way up to St.Lucie where he passed away this morning approx 6:00am this morning at Ryder in ICU. He also left behind a 12 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.

sad.gif

Good afternoon.

Dade officer dies in off-duty motorcycle crash

BY DAVID OVALLE

dovalle@MiamiHerald.com

William Harvey Jr., a Miami-Dade police officer for more than 13 years, died Friday from injuries suffered in an off-duty motorcycle accident on the Dolphin Expressway.
His last stint was as a vehicular homicide detective.
Harvey, 36, hailed from a family with strong ties to the department. His parents were Miami-Dade officers, police said.
During his career, Harvey mostly patrolled South Miami-Dade. He joined the vehicular homicide unit two years ago.
''He was a proficient investigator, a very capable investigator,'' said Miami-Dade Detective Robert Williams, a department spokesman.
Harvey has received numerous commendations over the years, Williams said, including departmental bronze and silver medals of honor.
Harvey had been riding north on Florida's Turnpike about 10 p.m. Thursday. He was entering the eastbound lane of the Dolphin Expressway when he somehow struck the back of a Ford car also headed east.
He was ejected from the Suzuki motorcycle and landed on the shoulder, said Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Pat Santangelo.
Harvey wore a helmet.
The driver of the Ford, Miriam C. Garcia, 35, pulled over and called emergency dispatchers.
She has not been ticketed or charged.
Harvey is survived by his wife and two young children, police said. Memorial services are pending.
It's unclear why the collision occured; troopers are still investigating.
Both drivers have valid driver's licenses[/QUOTE]

We will be planning an memorial "poker" run for a fallen comrade. All proceeds will go to the family; wife and two children . If anyone is interested in joining the ride, please visit
http://www.sfriders.com/forum/showthread.php?p=658#post658
for more information.

Sorry to hear about this.. what type of bike did he ride? do you know if he was a member here?

Not that it matters.. losing anyone in the motorcycle community is a loss to all of us... just wondering if we lost a member also..

We have lots of law enforcement types on this board and lots of Flordia riders here..

sad.gif

Just checked. another thread stated his names was Mongoose.. I checked the user database and there is a Mongoose from Florida.. had 3 posts.. looks like a new member to us....
sad.gif

That is really sad news to hear. Please bless this man's family and friends during this time of need.
sad.gif

i also lost my husband. it happened on february 2 he suffered numerous torso injuries and broke every bone in his body. they amputed his left leg, but he was unable to fight anymore. it is such a great loss. we would have been married 25 years this june. he has 2 children 24 and 14. i miss him, yet he went doing what he loved riding his hayabusa. so please take care when riding....

So sorry to here, I know those cops stick together like glue and will help his family through this hard time.

Sorry to hear about this.. what type of bike did he ride? do you know if he was a member here?

Not that it matters.. losing anyone in the motorcycle community is a loss to all of us... just wondering if we lost a member also..

We have lots of law enforcement types on this board and lots of Flordia riders here..

sad.gif
He was riding an '06 Busa He got it this past Christmas. Mongoose's wife (<span style='color:deeppink'>Mothergoose</span>)was a stay at home mom. He was heading up to St. Lucie where he worked every other weekend to help pay for the bike.
We made a donation block on the home page at SFRiders.com. If you wish to make a donation for the family it would be greatly appreciated. We are also trying to plan a <span style='color:red'>Memorial Bike</span>ride him. If you wish to find out more please check SFRiders.com for more info.
Ride safe and thanks,

Back