Friend of mine went down...

Busa204

Registered
Well we were suppose to ride with a big group to Thursday night Bike night. Now we both ride '04 Busa's. He rides the '04 LE busa....My buddy was running late, so we decided to just stay local & take it easy. Well on our way to go grab something to eat, my friend popped (accidental) the wheel up & lost his footing on the pegs. The bike stood straight up & he was then dragging his feet behind the bike. In that position he must have pulled back on the throtle a little more cause the bike just took off & he ended up rolling on the pavement. He was probably doing about 40-50mph when it happened. Now due to the fact that we were staying local he decided not to wear his full gear. So he was in shorts, tee shirt, sneakers, & helmet..
He ended up with road rash covering most of his right arm, some on his stomach, left knee, & both palms. Lucky for him that was all that happened. The bike has probably 1k worth of damage done to it, mostly all cosmetic.
Now the bike can always be fixed or replaced, not the same can be said for our lives. This is just a reminder to all that wearing your gear is so important. If my friend would have been wearing his gear, he probably wouldnt have had a scratch on him.

Be careful this summer & wear your gear......

Sorry to hear about your friend, but it sounds like he will recover. Can never underemphasize the importance of the gear!

cant be popping the wheel on the beast.it bites hard.thanks for the reminder .tell your bud to heal fast and get back on .

Sorry to hear about your friend and his bike.
on a lighter side...

how many times have you been asked if the busa can wheelie??
wow.gif

Why do people think the busa can't lift the front??
biggrin.gif

Glad your boy is okay, could have been much much worse. Again the emphasis is on gear. could have been less road rash with jeans and a mesh jacket alone. Again glad he's okay and his Busa won't be down for too long.

BD

Sorry about your friend, just hope that he gets better soon and that he learned a leson on wearing gear.

Thanks for all the replies guys..He is doing just fine & yes he said he will always wear it now..For the bike, well he is now using this little crash as an excuse to custom paint it & put on new pipes
tounge.gif

& yes it is amazing how many people ask if the busa can wheelie...People just dont understand the amount of power the busa has...

Sorry bout your friend. I know I get crap from people about wearing gear. They all think it is for show. Or they make the comment, "that gear's not going to do much at 150!" I think I have had my bike to 150 maybe twice, other then that it's 70-80 down the highway. I tell them I would rather have what I have on then then jeans, a white t-shirt, a black vest, and a bandana, like most HD riders wear. I bet I come out in better shape then they will in an accident. This board has helped me understand the importance of gear and I will always wear it.

Back