Fallen Rider

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
I dont even know where to start, but i recieved a call from a neighboring police department, about an hour ago. One of my best friends Scott Taylor was killed on his bike last evening!
Ive know his family since the early 80's. Last fall he took a job in San Diego, which from i understood that things were not going as expected. So Scott came home to New Hampshire just a couple of days ago, with the intension of moving back here this fall. I have been busy with work myself, this week and hadn't even seen him yet.
Thi really suxs, me and another friend, where the first people notified. The police got our numbers from Scotts cell phone His mother and brother, are in the process of being notified.
Scotts the third friend that has been killed thats really close to me, in 4 years.
Im really thinking of giving up my bike this time.

RIP Brother

post_6_14763_fallen_riderz.jpg

Sorry to hear, John.
sad.gif

Thoughts and prayers out to the families...

Sorry to hear about your Friend. And I agree, if your uncomfortable on a Bike now, JUST STOP !! You can always come back later. We just had a friend Killed two days ago when he hit a deer on the way home at night. The accident was the normal deal. In a 65 mph speed two lane hwy, toped the hill, and there they were in the middle of the road. You might just want to understand what happened when you make your decision !

Sad though, and my thoughts and prayers are with Ya !

Sorry to hear of your loss.............

I believe we all have an appointed time and for myself personally, I would rather go doing something I love doing rather than the alternative.

I'm sorry for your loss John. Our prayes are with you and his family. You take the chance of not coming home every time you leave the house, on or off the bike. I'd rather die living than live dying.

John,
I am very sorry to hear this... but maybe what you need is a brake from the bike, not to get rid of it (them)... if your head is clouded then take the bike apart.. do some mods to the point where you couldn't ride for a few days or a week, even if you wanted to... don't make an emotinal desicion that you might regret in short order...

Again, very sorry for your loss and my thoughts go out to his family, you and his other friends...

Prayers sent - sorry to hear this. Seems there have been a lot of deaths this year

Sorry for your loss. Park your bike for a while and reflect... dont make an emotional decision like MC said that you will regret later. Read the first line in your signature... you put it there for a reason...

RIP Scott...
Prayers for Scott, his family and friends. Stay strong my brother for you and his family will need each other.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers go out to his friends and family. As others have said, the decision we make to enjoy riding our motorcycles, comes with the knowledge that there are risks associated with the hobby. Although I do everything in my power to reduce the risk, such as wearing all my gear, I know there is a chance of injury or even death. I get so much enjoyment from my bike that the result is worth the risk. Should anything ever happen to me on my bike, I would hope my friends and family would know I died doing one of the things I enjoy most in life. My God give you and your friends family strength and peace during this time of sorrow.

John, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Scott. You and his family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers bro.

(GIXERHP @ May 11 2007,06:03) I dont even know where to start, but i recieved a call from a neighboring police department, about an hour ago. One of my best friends Scott Taylor was killed on his bike last evening!
Ive know his family since the early 80's. Last fall he took a job in San Diego, which from i understood that things were not going as expected. So Scott came home to New Hampshire just a couple of days ago, with the intension of moving back here this fall. I have been busy with work myself, this week and hadn't even seen him yet.
Thi really suxs, me and another friend, where the first people notified. The police got our numbers from Scotts cell phone His mother and brother, are in the process of being notified.
Scotts the third friend that has been killed thats really close to me, in 4 years.
Im really thinking of giving up my bike this time.
I have often thought of giving my bike up also.

I think with my recent rides, I have been getting my speed under control (yes, still speeding but I have been toning it down)

I think if I can continue to ride without doing stupid things I might be allright..

Sooooo sorry to hear about your friend..

Hang in there bro....

RIP and sorry to hear about your loss.

As for your bike, +1 to everyone above. In your signature you wrote, "LIVE LIFE NOW, YOU'LL BE DEAD A LONG TIME !!!!" Only you can decide what that means to you.

Back