What is this world coming to?

Well said. I'm always surprised by the number of supposedly compassionate people on the board who wish the death upon the insane.

cheers
ken

I'm never compassionate toward parents that murder, period...again, give me the big red button :please:

Agreed! Bad is bad and some are sick and some are not! World is in sad shape either way you look at it. Didn't intend to have tunnel vision toward the mentally ill at all.

Kind of a huge leap between this lady’s mental illness and all you perceive is wrong with this country, don't you think?

I read one report that she was schizophrenic. She is obviously mentally ill and that lead to her crime. This is not to in any way alleviate her of any responsibility. No doubt this is a disgusting crime but to me there is a difference between someone whose crimes are a result of their mental illness and someone who commits crimes for personal gain.

A better example of what is wrong with this country is the crew that killed the mother and father of special needs kids in Florida to rob them. This is much higher on the list to go to hell.

These are the people in society I would love to watch fry, maybe on PPV...I'd pay...shoot, I'd flip the switch.

Indeed, and this baby-eating animal would be right near the top of the list for me... :madfire:

I'm not too interested in her mental health issues, I am more interested in seeing her dead. :grim:

Indeed, and this baby-eating animal would be right near the top of the list for me... :madfire:

I'm not too interested in her mental health issues, I am more interested in seeing her dead. :grim:

I think far too many hinge their actions on mental issues. I'm not saying they aren't real, but oftentimes that excuse is abused to the fullest degree...

I think far too many hinge their actions on mental issues. I'm not saying they aren't real, but oftentimes that excuse is abused to the fullest degree...

I tend to agree, but in this case she is clearly out of her mind. So while some might delight in "pulling the switch" we don't even know if she has the capacity to comprehend what she has done.

Not so much of what the world is coming to, but what the world has been and is. "balance of Good and evil" As balance goes it gets out of balance usually to the bad. We are also such a news hungry world we just grasp more and more to this stuff. Absolutely terrifying what some people will do.

...a Dad in CA (I think) tossed allegedly tossed his 4 year old daughter off a cliff to avoid paying child support,.

As a society, we've devalued human life to only a choice. Why are we surprised when an individual doesn't value it more than money?

As a society, we've devalued human life to only a choice. Why are we surprised when an individual doesn't value it more than money?

I agree with this 100%. We as a society tend to be so concerned with money and material gain that human lives become secondary. Now that is sad.

a true Monster!!! what a sad individual, probably so high on drugs didn't even realize what she did....

I tend to agree, but in this case she is clearly out of her mind. So while some might delight in "pulling the switch" we don't even know if she has the capacity to comprehend what she has done.

Sorry, no sympathy for her from me...you hurt or kill kids, you don't deserve to take another breath, mental illness or not...you won't change my mind either :poke:

Well said. I'm always surprised by the number of supposedly compassionate people on the board who wish the death upon the insane.

cheers
ken

Yea kinda funny how its an illness until it effects you or your family in some way then it becomes more that that. gee lets just get her on drugs rehabilitated with therapy and send her back out in the world and hope everything is peachy or better yet institutionalize her for the rest of her life. that's whats wrong with society today and why we have so many that have done hideous crimes who are still in line for capitol punishment and those who never worry about there actions because punishment is never dealt swiftly or harshly. just my two cents

Sorry, no sympathy for her from me...you hurt or kill kids, you don't deserve to take another breath, mental illness or not...you won't change my mind either :poke:

I am with to the extent that the individual knew or understood what they were doing. If the illness they were surffering from made them unaware of what they were doing then how can you blame them? Should they be locked away to protect society? Sure, but they are sick and deserve to be treated.

Yea kinda funny how its an illness until it effects you or your family in some way then it becomes more that that. gee lets just get her on drugs rehabilitated with therapy and send her back out in the world and hope everything is peachy or better yet institutionalize her for the rest of her life. that's whats wrong with society today and why we have so many that have done hideous crimes who are still in line for capitol punishment and those who never worry about there actions because punishment is never dealt swiftly or harshly. just my two cents

How can you punish someone who doesn't realize what they did is wrong or why it is wrong?

I am with to the extent that the individual knew or understood what they were doing. If the illness they were surffering from made them unaware of what they were doing then how can you blame them? Should they be locked away to protect society? Sure, but they are sick and deserve to be treated.

Again, you won't change my mind...you hurt or kill kids, you should not take another breath, period. I worked too hard for my own kids, and so many don't ever get to have them, coming from that experience in life only makes me cry for all the kids that are treated like trash, especially when I know so many good people that would have given them a great life.

I truly believe our society is groomed to use the "mental illness" excuse far too often; you kill your kid, they give you some new title for what they think you have. What you are is a waste of space on the planet, and eventually a financial drain on the system.

How can you punish someone who doesn't realize what they did is wrong or why it is wrong?

The question is how can you not. regardless of what they know or not know they have committed a crime they are responsible for there actions, if they are unaware of what they did is so bad they will be unaware of there life ending

Again, you won't change my mind...you hurt or kill kids, you should not take another breath, period. I worked too hard for my own kids, and so many don't ever get to have them, coming from that experience in life only makes me cry for all the kids that are treated like trash, especially when I know so many good people that would have given them a great life.

I truly believe our society is groomed to use the "mental illness" excuse far too often; you kill your kid, they give you some new title for what they think you have. What you are is a waste of space on the planet, and eventually a financial drain on the system.

My assumption is that the individual is truly mentally ill and not simply using it as an excuse.

Back