What's The World Coming To?

And now?...it's a terrible feeling for me....one I'm almost ashamed to admit but nowadays I find myself constantly assessing almost every public common area I find myself in...mentaly measuring who the potential troublemakers make be...and at times even thinking through my best stagtegic plan of self defense before they even get close to me or mine
You are not alone. This is a good thing. It's people that don't do this that become their prey. After several situations similar to yours over the past few years, I'm always thinking like that. It's sad to have to think that way but I'd like to be around to see my kids grow up. Some dumbass punk WILL NOT deprive me of that.

I know how you feel. I can't stand the way the kids in this town act. I just don't get why these kids would want to act like they do. I'm not going to go into a long rant cause I think we all feel the same. But just remember Bill, If this situation should ever arise again, I'm just a phone call and a mile or two away.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff...a true friend indeed...think I'm gonna keep your number on Speed-Dial...feel free to do the same with mine.
beerchug.gif

Problem nowadays is that this one kid may not just "let it go". I hope he's not one to try to find out where you live. You "disrespected" him (no, you really didn't, but that's how he'll see it), so you're on his list now...I hope you don't cross paths with him again...
That is pretty paranoid thinking and extremely unlikely.

If the kid did not have the balls to stand up to him then , then he wont get them later.

Sadly too many americans dont stand up for themselves, obviously his bull crap talk has worked on other people otherwise he would not have tried in on Jynx.

I bet he will be a little more careful chosing his victims after this incident.
Okay, never mind...I'm being paranoid...
No your're not.
But if he sees you on the road and he is in his car (if he has one), he might try to do something stupid just to get revenge because he was insulted in front of his "friends".

And now?...it's a terrible feeling for me....one I'm almost ashamed to admit but nowadays I find myself constantly assessing almost every public common area I find myself in...mentaly measuring who the potential troublemakers make be...and at times even thinking through my best stagtegic plan of self defense before they even get close to me or mine
You are not alone.  This is a good thing.  It's people that don't do this that become their prey.  After several situations similar to yours over the past few years, I'm always thinking like that. It's sad to have to think that way but I'd like to be around to see my kids grow up.  Some dumbass punk WILL NOT deprive me of that.
FKM...I myself have three young daughters...Rachel Ann 7, Marrisa Lynn 12, and Candice Nichole 13 going on 21
laugh.gif
and I feel the same...but the odds are against us 2:3....Dead (Or Hospitolized) VS Vistorious (But Behind Bars and/or Lawyer Poor) VS...victorious and unscathed...even the odds suck.
laugh.gif

Then again...the old mentality of...

"Better Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6"

kicks in...aka...survival.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Did you guys hear about the mugging/murder of a teenager in NYC for his iPod? A few motherless f**ks decided they needed an iPod and instead of working and buying one they took the easy route. A teenager actually DIED because a bunch of lowlife bastards didnt want to work hard for getting what they want...

I am so upset by all this...I think I will need to invest in a Gun and adopt a "Shoot first - ask questions later" policy because that seems to be the only way to stay alive in this country...

They should BAN the sale of weapons to people in the low income bracket (no offense...just a logical look at this) because people with the money are less likely to go out and kill someone for a silly iPod
sad.gif

Where is the freedom?

Where is the terrorist?

We have terrorists within the walls of this country...and thugs like the ones described in this thread and in the NYC murder are the REAL WMDs that need to be cleaned out!
mad.gif

I know how you feel. I can't stand the way the kids in this town act. I just don't get why these kids would want to act like they do. I'm not going to go into a long rant cause I think we all feel the same. But just remember Bill, If this situation should ever arise again, I'm just a phone call and a mile or two away.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff...a true friend indeed...think I'm gonna keep your number on Speed-Dial...feel free to do the same with mine.
beerchug.gif
I think just the sight of me pulling up and getting out of the truck would make most of these thug punk wannabee's rethink the consequences of their next move. Not to mention, the Glock is ALWAYS in the center console and ready to go.

They should BAN the sale of weapons to people in the low income bracket (no offense...just a logical look at this) because people with the money are less likely to go out and kill someone for a silly iPod
sad.gif
That wouldn't do much good. People that commit crimes like that usually can't afford gun store prices or pass a background check.  They can obtain guns MUCH cheaper on the streets, illeagally.

Jinxter,

You got that right!! If you use a gun to defend yourself and survive, you will be probably be paying a lawer for the rest of your life. That's even if you did everything within the letter of the law
sad.gif
As sue crazy as this country is, you would think you could sue the parents of the dead attacker for legal costs!! LOL!!!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120629446 -->

sad.gif

You definitely have to be more careful nowadays. Glad to see you got out of there and they weren't tough at all just wannabe's.

Jeff
beerchug.gif
I think just the sight of me pulling up and getting out of the truck would make most of these thug punk wannabee's rethink the consequences of their next move. Not to mention, the Glock is ALWAYS in the center console and ready to go.
Jeff!!! ROTF!!! You got that right!!!
laugh.gif

Quite frankly...and just so the masses here know you ain't just talk'in pooh?...I'm shocked that the WWF hasn't made you an offer yet!!!
tounge.gif

Dakkine is one HUGE DUDE!!!....and we ain't talk'in "fat" here!!!

He11...if he tore into those punks?...I'm not certain I could bring myself to....watch.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120630894 -->

laugh.gif

So I guess the only option is to train...lift weights...eat proteins...bulk up...dress like a badass motherf*cker get a hairdo to match...wear a Rambo Knife on your belt...

And basically make them piss in their pants before they open their mouths...

I can do that ;)

On a side note.........

If you do have to draw a gun in self defense and end up not shooting, it's a good idea to notify the police and have them put the situation on record. The reason for this is if you ever have to USE your gun in the future, it will be on record that you had the mindset and self control to not shoot in a previous situation.

Copy%20of%20bad_hair_day2.jpg

wink.gif

No...Seriously - I think they are more likely to attack you if you look like a wuss...like...um...Doogie Howser for example
tounge.gif

I think bald is good...or bad...depending on how you look at it...

French-Beard is good as long as it is not bushy...

Basically - if you look like that hispanic dude in "Fast and the Furious" I dont think you will be attacked.

Easy for me...I look Hispanic although I am Indian.

Bill,

Why the cops don't do anything..... Because even if they arrest them 15 minutes later daddy is bailing them out and they are back out doing the same thing before the paper work is finished. They cops have no authority with minors. The kids are no longer intimidated because daddy will bail them out every time. My favorite "dicipline" saying from parents is "No No".

I posted this on another forum so it is a cut and paste:
One way I look at it is when I was growing up there were 15% (just throwing out a number) irresponsible dirt bags in my age group. Those 15% are now breeding and the number of the "it is some one elses falt" group is growing exponentialy. After all they have to have at least 5 kids that they want to be just like them. The kid jumping up and down on the table at Mc Donnalds, with the parents just letting him, is going to the same thing when he has kids. Rude adults = rude kids.

There are no consequences (sp) for the actions of the kids today. They can do what ever they want and know it. They come home to a smack up side the head and they call DCFS. I know I may have been a #### head out of the public eye, but when there were others (read adults) around I straightened up, because I new the consequences.

Later,

Steve

Bill,

Why the cops don't do anything..... Because even if they arrest them 15 minutes later daddy is bailing them out and they are back out doing the same thing before the paper work is finished. They cops have no authority with minors. The kids are no longer intimidated because daddy will bail them out every time. My favorite "dicipline" saying from parents is "No No".

One way I look at it is when I was growing up there were 15% (just throwing out a number) irresponsible dirt bags in my age group. Those 15% are now breeding and the number of the "it is some one elses falt" group is growing exponentialy. After all they have to have at least 5 kids that they want to be just like them. The kid jumping up and down on the table at Mc Donnalds, with the parents just letting him, is going to the same thing when he has kids. Rude adults = rude kids.

There are no consequences (sp) for the actions of the kids today. They can do what ever they want and know it. They come home to a smack up side the head and they call DCFS. I know I may have been a #### head out of the public eye, but when there were others (read adults) around I straightened up, because I new the consequences.

Later,

Steve
I've done the "smack them on the ass" thing. She (11 at the time) reported me to school and I was investigated. I'm now in the Richmond VA database as an "Unconfirmed Child Abuser" (smacked my kid but not enough evidence to take to court I guess). I was not allowed to discipline my kid for 45 days, I had to put a lock on my computer room and put all of our non-G rated VHS tapes, music and books in there (which was just about everything).

The result? She's 22 now and has spent a week in the county lockup for cocaine, marajuana and gun posession and she lives in a townhouse with her boyfriend, her boyfriends mother and sister and her boyfriends grandmother, who she takes care of.

My older daughter (26; who received the same whacks but didn't report me) is a systems admin and has worked for IBM.

I still love them both. Your results may differ. I wish mind did.

Carl

Maaan...I was bollocked when I was a kid
wow.gif
In India there is no such thing as "reporting parents"

This country is WAAAAY to confused about what constitutes "Freedom".

Parents are powerless! Their ONLY bargaining tool is Money...I was sh*t scared of my dad when I had poor results at school...

Hey - I got beat up more at school than anywhere else
smile.gif

I dont think I was abused...not at all...it just made me think straight and quit monkeying around. I will go back and smack the sh*t out of the teacher who slapped me
smile.gif

smile.gif

Bill,

Later,

Steve
I've done the "smack them on the ass" thing. She (11 at the time) reported me to school and I was investigated. I'm now in the Richmond VA database as an "Unconfirmed Child Abuser" (smacked my kid but not enough evidence to take to court I guess). I was not allowed to discipline my kid for 45 days, I had to put a lock on my computer room and put all of our non-G rated VHS tapes, music and books in there (which was just about everything).

The result? She's 22 now and has spent a week in the county lockup for cocaine, marajuana and gun posession and she lives in a townhouse with her boyfriend, her boyfriends mother and sister and her boyfriends grandmother, who she takes care of.

My older daughter (26; who received the same whacks but didn't report me) is a systems admin and has worked for IBM.

I still love them both. Your results may differ. I wish mind did.

Carl
That sucks, bro...all the kids in my nieghborhood are monsters because they have "time out" parents....
I was no angel but managed to stay out of trouble and jail because I was more afraid of my father kicking my ass than anything. Turn him in?
rock.gif
I wouldn't have dared think about it, my friend!

These days here is the true problem....there is no father around.
Turn on Mtv, pick up a video game...it's a pride thing seeing how many ho's you can knock up. It's all about bein' a gangsta' and a pimp. Pretty sad. Now we have this generation breeding more kids.

Jinkster did the right thing. I guess a gun would be great to have if you were threatened with a gun, but what are you gonna do? Blow away a few unarmed kids for threatening you? Have fun in prison. Get prepared to fend for yourself out there, the cops are there to fill out the paperwork afterwords. You're on your own.

One thing I forgot also. If you assult a minor, you go to jail.

Now, I have met Bill. He doesn't have what you would call intimidating size, which makes these little punks much more brasin. The thing that bothers me the most is (here localy) there is a kid 15 years old, 6'-7" and [/b] only [/b] 270#. He isn't a fat boy, nor has he appeared to be a bully. But.... Bill is 5'-4" or so or just about any one else. Hell, I'm 5'-11" and 225# and he makes me look tiny. All he would have to do is sit on me and I sure as hell couldn't bench press him off me. Even if he isn't the bully, his friends may be thinking, as long as he is there they are safe.

I guess my point is with these young adults, where do you draw the assult line, age wise I mean. You can't ask, How old are you? Before you beat them to a pulp. That and you can probably bet that one of them had a video camera, then you are screwed.

Like Diesel said; I knew better.

When you take away the authority from all the "authority figures" and you have anarchy. Authority figures, parents, teachers, police, boy scout leaders, girl scout leaders Etc. If you want a good example, look at the thread with the woman getting tazered. It should be simple: Get out of the car. Answer: Yes officer. No arguments, no phone calls, no running, just do what you are told. When JoJo the Dog Faced boy runs from the cops and is shot, his mom allways says "Dog Face was a good boy and never did nothin wrong." Don't mind the half pond of crack and the 9mm he was carrying.

Carl,

Sorry to hear about your situation. My half sister and I came from the same basic environment. She is 47, 5-8 kids, (Not sure how many, the only two to the same father are the twins.), still has to go to tha bars just about every night, been arrested x? amount of times, Etc. Me, no kids (my choice), do drugs, no drinking, never arrested etc. Now the envirnoment we grew up in was not what you would call peacefull by any stretch of the word, but crap happens.

My point? I don't know. Some times I think there are little genetic defects that cause some kids to be bad, or others to be good. What I do know is these are our future leaders, and if something isn't done, we are in a world of crap in our "golden years".

Later,

Steve

<!--EDIT|Tree
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120651182 -->

I thank god daily that my Marine father stood his ground with me.....I was often tempted to go down the wrong path, but knowing I was in for an a$$ kicking from him was deterent enough for me. I was no angel, but I at least had a respect for adults, authority figures, and the property of others.

Thank you, Dad, I miss you..........I hope you are proud of me....

Back