What's The World Coming To?

I am actually worried about some of the blokes I see hanging around certain roads. What if they decided that they wanted a bike...waited until some unsuspecting rider leaned into the turn, stepped out with a big baseball bat or something and whacked the rider? Rider goes down? They take the bike and scoot...

If they are pro enough then they will probably have a van or truck waiting to make off with the "catch of the day"

Make my day you F!!@#@#....put a Steven Segal move or two on them bro..then pull out the can of WhOOP$ss on them, way to go bro....you kept your cool, and thought how to handle the situation...A+
wink.gif

If it had been Fl Knifemaker, me or Tspoole, those kids would have been in for a big suprise had it gotten a little hotter.

If it had been Fl Knifemaker, me or Tspoole, those kids would have been in for a big suprise had it gotten a little hotter.
Jinx,

Glock is like American Express, don't leave home without it
biggrin.gif
Glad it turned out OK. We have some dumbass kids like that around here too. These kids come from REALLY nice communties, around Goerge Jenkins HS . (Kevin and Moose know the area) I think it's a situation where they feel like they have to act like a badass in front of their friends and girlfriends. Even the girls get mouthy and act like gangbangers..........while driving moms Lexus.

You should had said "SURE!!! But you need to wear a helmet." Hand him your helmet and before he straps it on ask him to flip the visor down to ensure it fits right. When he does punch him square in the face of the helmet. If that doesn't put him on his butt then he's either huge or you hit like a girl.

I had a guy messing with my helmet one time and he was dumb enough to put it on his head. Minute the visor went down so did he. I grabbed the helmet by the lower jaw area and yanked him back to his feet pulling the helmet from his head. I gave him the safe distance shove backwards and told him if he as much looked at my stuff again I would beat him to death. Numbers at that time was like 10:1. Like everyone is saying, he got clobbered and laughed at. I still hear the story about why people shouldn't wear my helmet still today.

world's going to crap, unfortunately...

I'd recommend bringing a can of OC around with you...and a sidearm for extra insurance.

Be sure to let 'em know that you have the OC and that you are going to spray them if they threaten you further. Those are the key words in case you go to trial. Remember: they are posing a risk to you. You are not posing a risk to them. You're outnumbered...

It'll make you look even better if you disclose the fact that you had a gun but you did not reach for it, but instead reached for the OC.

Jinx,

Glock is like American Express, don't leave home without it
biggrin.gif
Glad it turned out OK.  We have some dumbass kids like that around here too.  These kids come from REALLY nice communties, around Goerge Jenkins HS . (Kevin and Moose know the area) I think it's a situation where they feel like they have to act like a badass in front of their friends and girlfriends. Even the girls get mouthy and act like gangbangers..........while driving moms Lexus.
Nice, another Glock fan.

I love all guns but the only one I feel comfortable carrying is my G23.

I dont carry much anymore but id suggest if anyone is going to carry to get some pistol instruction and practice alot.
I used to use about a case of ammo a month.

Also check up on your local gun laws , in the event you do actually shoot someone , you might be in for a long drawn out legal mess.

The Golden Rule I use when carrying is if I pull the gun then it gets used. The only time the bad guy should see the gun is right before the muzzel flash.

I am a traveling salesman and see crap like that every where. It is a real shame that a person minding his own business has do defend himself over some stupid a$$.
I have a old build on the edge of our downtown and was in there on day cleaning up, when 3 boys about 14-16 came through the front door. One of them wanted to borrow a dollar, and I said that I didn't have one just to give away. The biggest one said that "they could take the dollar " from me. I just looked at him and said that " It would be the hardest dollar he would ever have to work for". ......They left.

I am really amazed at the attitudes some kids have now.

" ... and in the last days wicked men and imposters will advance from bad to worse... " 2 tim 3:13

Welcome to the mind set of today's youth...not ALL of 'em, mind you, but so many nowadays EXPECT whatever they want in life and do nothing to get it...just act like punks and bully the shid out of everyone...

Problem nowadays is that this one kid may not just "let it go". I hope he's not one to try to find out where you live. You "disrespected" him (no, you really didn't, but that's how he'll see it), so you're on his list now...I hope you don't cross paths with him again...glad you stood your ground though...damn, I don't know what I'd do in that same situation...I wouldn't have the upper hand...
sad.gif
I would have been some random statistic in the papers...

Problem nowadays is that this one kid may not just "let it go".  I hope he's not one to try to find out where you live.  You "disrespected" him (no, you really didn't, but that's how he'll see it), so you're on his list now...I hope you don't cross paths with him again...
That is pretty paranoid thinking and extremely unlikely.

If the kid did not have the balls to stand up to him then , then he wont get them later.

Sadly too many americans dont stand up for themselves, obviously his bull crap talk has worked on other people otherwise he would not have tried in on Jynx.

I bet he will be a little more careful chosing his victims after this incident.

Problem nowadays is that this one kid may not just "let it go".  I hope he's not one to try to find out where you live.  You "disrespected" him (no, you really didn't, but that's how he'll see it), so you're on his list now...I hope you don't cross paths with him again...
That is pretty paranoid thinking and extremely unlikely.

If the kid did not have the balls to stand up to him then , then he wont get them later.

Sadly too many americans dont stand up for themselves, obviously his bull crap talk has worked on other people otherwise he would not have tried in on Jynx.  

I bet he will be a little more careful chosing his victims after this incident.
Okay, never mind...I'm being paranoid...

Happy you avoided having to take the physical challenge.

LoL at "ebonics speaking white kids"

What is really up with all up these "Middle Class Thugs". These kids aren't poor, they drive nice cars. Mommy and daddy make good money and they want to act a dayum fool. It really has gotten out of hand.

The weirdest thing of all to me is when you see these kids, they could be white, black, hispanic, etc and they all refer to each other as "*****'s", aint that some shid. I guess it shows that ignorance truly has no boundaries.

This type of activity is all or mostly the result of a lack of a good "asswhoopin" program at home. I was brought up on strict discipline and it has made me a much better person.

Sounds like work to me! LOL (Illinois Department of Corrections) I know what your talking about. Fortunately, most gang bangers, or wannabes, are gutless when they are alone, but like most sheep, they get brave in packs.
I had a punk pull a stunt and walk out in front of a green light on a side street in Chicago last night and as I was coming up to him he just stood there in the middle of the crosswalk like a hardass. Once I slowed down the light turned yellow.

He (little punk 18 year old) looks at me all hard and says "What, you weren't going to slow down?? I said, maybe and maybe not, then he said something else sarcastic and his little cronies that weighed in at maybe 140 each laughed like they were hard and walked past me glaring........i was pissed because I had my girl, and her handicapped sister with me. I wanted to lay his ass out so bad, but I had to worry about the girls.......I let it go.

I am so glad I moved out to the 'burbs. I'd be in jail again by now.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120621440 -->

Yep...it's pretty sad out there anymore. I kinda keep to myself these days...I don't even frequent bike nights much anymore (unless old riding buds call and wanna meet me there) but...I can remember a day when the younger guys wanted to learn from or at least hear cool bike stories/knowledge from the older more experienced guys...they were hungry for it and would mind their mannors and listen intently...and only questioned the things thay didn't understand...but did so in a respectful mannor...now even bike night is loaded down with $hid talkers walking around shootin off at the mouth before the dye in their new leathers has even had a chance to dry...as I stumble through the crowd a virtual unknown, hotdog in hand and feeling like Rodney Dangerfield....but now it's everywhere and anywhere with the punks in the hood...and exactly at what point and why did my community turn into "their hood"
rock.gif

And now?...it's a terrible feeling for me....one I'm almost ashamed to admit but nowadays I find myself constantly assessing almost every public common area I find myself in...mentaly measuring who the potential troublemakers make be...and at times even thinking through my best stagtegic plan of self defense before they even get close to me or mine and..well...that's no way to live...especially when the ones who pose the largest threat are knuckleheaded young punk wannabee gangbangers...with rich parents who know that their lovely son Kyle does no wrong...until he leaves the house in Moms accura to go pick up his Biotches and Homeys.
wink.gif

I'm outta shape...bad...weeks away from 47 years old and way overweight...but I also grew up with about 6 years of martial arts training BEFORE I signed up in the U.S.M.C. where I was "High Shooter" of my platoon going through basic at P.I. where I was also trained in hand-to-hand and taught how to be...extremely viscous.

In '86-'87 I was ranked 2nd ibn the state for NFAA (National Feild Archery Association) And afterwards?...club champion several years running at I.B.O. Bowhunter Freestyle Limited

'94-'97 I was the Local "Limited Champion" at our I.P.S.C. Tactical Pistol Competitions and...3 gun matches...Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun.

But still...I'm wise enough to know that when the adrenaline starts flowing coupled with the "Gang Mentality" thing?.....is enough to take the badest of the bad down like a pack of rabid hyenas on a lion.

And then I wonder how my wife and daughters might fair if challenged by such scurg...and that's when I really get pi$$ed about parents who don't....and knowing how arrogant THEY'LL be that day I hafta neet them in a court of law for f'ing up their beloved...almost angelic...child....who called me a biotch as he attempted to relive me of my vehicle via intimidation and being outnumbered by his "wannabee a poor black child" friends.

Sad.
sad.gif

I know how you feel. I can't stand the way the kids in this town act. I just don't get why these kids would want to act like they do. I'm not going to go into a long rant cause I think we all feel the same. But just remember Bill, If this situation should ever arise again, I'm just a phone call and a mile or two away.
Jeff

Back