Close call...

bishop2072

Registered
I almost got side-swiped today. Picture a four lane with a lane in the middle for traffic to pull into if they are turning left or right (5 lanes total). I'm travelling northbound in the left lane. There is a truck and a car in the right lane. The truck slows down to make a right turn and the car decides to come into the left lane so he doesn't have to slow down. Of course, I'm right next to him. I had to jet into the "middle" turn lane to avoid. At the stop light he apologized, saying I was in his blind spot. That is probably true...but I wasn't in his blind spot the entire time...like the 2 minutes it took me to come up from behind him to get into that spot. Be careful out there...they are just not paying attention so we have to do it for them. :banghead:

2 seconds in their blind spot is enough to get yourself killed :rulez:
Yep. like ATGATT, your riding style must be defensive at all times too.. that momentary lapse of lane position gets a lot of guys in a lot of trouble..

ALWAYS HAVE AN OUT and be aware of where it is..

yea it takes some of the "carefree" feel of the ride away in traffic but that is just the price you pay when you are up against 4000 pound cars..

:poke:good thing you was paying attention I was ran into and over a curb 2 years ago on a 954...lucky for me the bike bucked right up and over and I didnt put it down....about 10 minutes later the guys car got a dent in the door somehow
:whistle:

This dude's blind spot was everything but right in front of him. I was only in the "blind spot" for a split second...he had actually slowed down for the truck in front of him before pulling into my lane. I was watching him...I figured he might do it, and sure enough...

At least he apologized, which is more than most do. Some will give you the middle finger and yell right back, even though they were wrong.

Regardless of how it went down, glad you're safe. :beerchug:

it was only yesterday i was travelling probably 30-35mph behind a truck-a ford f-350. i was a car length behind him and he decides to bang a right on small down hill. the right he was taking there was a car (which i hadnt seen, and am sure he hadnt seen me) taking a left.right goes the truck, and here's this car in infront of me!!! both of us shocked, the car guns it and i swerve swiftly to the right. all i could think of was good thing i was at a distance and if i had been going any faster, i would have nailed him, or him nailed me.

DO NOT ride in a cage driver's blind spot. If so, you'd better anticiapte the kinda' move he pulled on you. Not at all saying it's your fault, just that you have to be thinking about where you are in reference to all the other vehicles on the road at all times and anticipate all possible actions. Takes some of the fun out of riding but it will likely save your @ss one day.

no matter whose fault it is... the pavement always hurts

i stay away from cars as much as possible, and i must say that at times it is downright stressful to be on my bike!

the good outweighs the bad by an order of magnitude though!

Back